J's Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
First, learn how to spell and use the shift key. ur not doing much 4 ur own credibility hear

And no, I cannot tell everyone the noise level of all these exhausts. Besides, many of the manufacturers you list make multiple exhaust product lines. Is an A'PEXi World Sport loud? Compared to stock yes, but compared to an N-1 it is quiet. And yes, I have heard of Amuse.

I have not had every exhaust out there, and I am not trying to say I have. That is not the experience I have had. I have worked for an exhaust manufacturer and helped design exhaust systems for all kinds of cars. I know how different designs and materials affect the power and sound of a system.

You don't have to take this whole thing so damn personally man. I am not trying to insult you or anything. I am just saying, be aware...titan exhausts are meant for racing, and as such, sound level is not generally a design concern when they are produced! Let alone the fact that titanium is notoriously prone to cracking under the high heat conditions and exhaust system deals with.

I have seen too many people buy up all kinds of racing products in the interest of bling factor, then end up miserable with their cars because all of a sudden it is not suitable for daily driving any more!

Marcus

1st, if you are trying to critizise other people's ability to write English, please check yourself also. Nice credibility u have built there. lmao.

It is ok that you can not tell the noise level from these exhausts. It is normal. I just thought that you are so experienced as you mentioned previously; therefore, u should have general idea of how loud those exhausts are. Glad that you point out the N1 are louder in general. So, u agree that it depends on the design now, not material?

I am not taking this personal. I don't even know you in real life. It is just wrong to say that titan exhaust is louder than non-titan exhaust in general, because it is not true. Exhausts I have heard that made with titan are Mugen (my exhaust), Amuse R1-titan euro (woot, 88db is loud, good god...), J's titan... all three are reasonably quiet compared to Spoon Sport for example. I figure you guys are more familiar with fujitsubo, so let's use this for comparison. Mugen (on TSX and S2000) and Amuse R1-titan euro (on S2000) are as quiet as fujitsubo (on TSX).

Well... buying sth that is not suitable for daily driving is one thing. Generalizing titan exhaust is louder than non-titan is another thing and it is wrong. Just give me some examples that titan-made exhaust is much louder than non-titan. I would like to know too, b/c I can't think of any at this point except those in N1 series.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by virtualbong
It seems like you're very knowledgable on the design of a catback and the material that is used. Can you please point us in the right direction on the Internet where you find these design techniques to resolve the cabin noise issues? I always assumed that the cabin noise would be reduced by the type of muffler (ie. straight thru, twin loop, chambered) and the thickness of the muffler wall. Please help me understand if I'm missing something?
I do not have sufficient knowledge on that, so I will pass on this one.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
He said Generally speaking, and on top of that he said inside the car which is not referring to sounds outside the car (which is totally different). I know for sure that each exhuast will sound different on every car, so if you're saying you've ridden in the same make and model with a titan and non titan exhuasts and heard a difference on the inside then I guess you're right. but listening to cars with exhuasts drive by can't really give you a generalization of how loud the exhuast will resonate inside the car.
When u say generally speaking, it means majority, am I correct? However, the majority of those titan exhausts I can think of are not loud as you guys pointed out. Can you please give a few examples?

Ok, let's talk about TSX. My exhaust is louder hearing it outside than hearing it from inside.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Stokeless

My exhaust is loud both in the car and out hahaha...ask the Seattle meet up people...some have heard it
Old 05-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by Mugen_Whore
u talking about the one on S2000 right?
ROFLMAO 88db is loud. U win then.... (I suggest u to look at the number recorded for stock too.)
Do they have other exhuast catalouges?

was 88dB idle or WOT?
Old 05-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Stokeless

what is the S2k stock?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
1st, if you are trying to critizise other people's ability to write English, please check yourself also. Nice credibility u have built there. lmao.

It is ok that you can not tell the noise level from these exhausts. It is normal. I just thought that you are so experienced as you mentioned previously; therefore, u should have general idea of how loud those exhausts are. Glad that you point out the N1 are louder in general. So, u agree that it depends on the design now, not material?

I am not taking this personal. I don't even know you in real life. It is just wrong to say that titan exhaust is louder than non-titan exhaust in general, because it is not true. Exhausts I have heard that made with titan are Mugen (my exhaust), Amuse R1-titan euro (woot, 88db is loud, good god...), J's titan... all three are reasonably quiet compared to Spoon Sport for example. I figure you guys are more familiar with fujitsubo, so let's use this for comparison. Mugen (on TSX and S2000) and Amuse R1-titan euro (on S2000) are as quiet as fujitsubo (on TSX).

Well... buying sth that is not suitable for daily driving is one thing. Generalizing titan exhaust is louder than non-titan is another thing and it is wrong. Just give me some examples that titan-made exhaust is much louder than non-titan. I would like to know too, b/c I can't think of any at this point except those in N1 series.

This is getting really f'ing stupid. You are trying to debate an issue that in my mind is totally non-debatable. If you knew anything about this topic you would not be responding in this manner.

Titanium tends to be louder. Fact. Period. Done.

(and please don't pull out the Mugen exhaust example again. The fact that piping is stainless totally proves my point. The sound of the exhaust has a lot more to do with the piping that you are thinking. The mufflers; titan, ss, mild, chambered, baffled, WHATEVER; are only part of the equation. The sound and performance depend on DESIGN AND MATERIAL.)
Old 05-21-2005, 01:23 PM
cmf
ATCer

You make bad comparisons here.
If Spoon Sports made two exhaust with identical designs, one made in titanium, the other stainless, the titanium exhaust will generally produce a louder sound.
Yes, design does play a role, but so does the material used. I think that is what Mr. Heeltoe has clearly explained.
Your Mugen exhaust is way more restrictive than the Spoon exhaust you compare. That in itself will make the Spoon exhaust louder. The gains from the Spoon exhaust will generally be more as well.
You gotta give to get.

Wasn't this thread about a J's exhaust. I bet it's really loud. j/k
Old 05-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
So u stand by ur belief.
ok, since u know so much about exhaust and u have so much experience with various exhaust, u should have heard of Power House Amuse exhaust right? (if J's does not sounds familiar to you). Can you tell the people here the noise level of amuse exhaust compared to brand like Spoon, Blitz, Apexi, tannabe, or 5zigen (those that not using titanium)? Or u can use ARC titan exhaust for comparison too.

well... or just give some example that titan exhaust is much louder than non-titan. I would like to know too
Do you have additional data to back up everything you said? Simply heard of a few name brands doesn't mean anything. I don't even believe any of the advertised claims by performance companies without experience them in person, or independent test data.

I do not have sufficient knowledge on that, so I will pass on this one.
Your own statement discredit yourself about your knowledge on the debate. I would at least try search for something believable.

Now, please go back to the original topic.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Suzuka Master

You guys know better than this...

Mugen_whore try not to take it so personally when people start a DISCUSSION with you on a DISCUSSION forum. Thanks.