View Poll Results: Do you have the Ingalls ETD installed, and what issues?
Have the ETD, but not installed
41.38%
Have the ETD installed, no issues
3.45%
ETD installed, hood clearance problem only
17.24%
ETD installed, ABS clearance issue only
0%
ETD installed, both hood and ABS
17.24%
Want to buy one, but I'm afraid...
20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Ingalls ETD Issue Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ingalls ETD Issue Poll

I started this in hopes of getting some idea of how many people who have bought the ETD have installed it, and of those how many have what issue(s). In order to keep it somewhat simple, I discluded the A/C and pulley clearance issues as they don't seem like major issues and are really simple to fix. The hood and abs clearance issues require more substantial modification to the bracket it appears.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
i still haven't installed mine due to pending issues. hopefully ingalls will re-issue us new brackets that fit accordingly
Old 09-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I have mine but it's sitting in my living room due to a lack of time. And, of course, when I heard about the issues, I decided that it would just be easier to wait to see what steps, were being taken to resolve the issue. I am certainly in no rush to install it.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I have mine but it's sitting in my living room due to a lack of time. And, of course, when I heard about the issues, I decided that it would just be easier to wait to see what steps, were being taken to resolve the issue. I am certainly in no rush to install it.
agreed, i'm in the same boat, except my ETD is sitting at the bottom of my closet.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Not installed yet either. Anyone wants it? Going in BM section shortly. Would be nice to have a problem free mod to resell...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
If nobody installs it then Ingalls isn't going to fix it, they made that pretty clear in their post in the other thread
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for posting this poll.

Both hood and ABS here.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

07 6MT - punctured hood liner
Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by CGTSX07
07 6MT - punctured hood liner
05 6MT - punctured hood liner here. No other clearance issues.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

who listed no issues? im interested to see what year u have
Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by clee109
If nobody installs it then Ingalls isn't going to fix it, they made that pretty clear in their post in the other thread
That's right, also if people don't install them then they're not able to help Ingalls get the problem solved or figure out what people having problems have in common. I'll probably buy one and install it just to help out...that's part of what being a forum member is about, imho.

Thanks for your response to this poll, guys!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure what the ABS clearance issue is still, but what wasn't listed on the poll was A/C line issues, which I have in addition to the hood liner issue. My pics have been sent to Ingalls as mentioned in the main thread.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
None of the poll options match my problems.

Not installed because:
Touches the ABS cylinder, cuts into the A/C line and cuts into the hood liner.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by moda_way
I'm not sure what the ABS clearance issue is still, but what wasn't listed on the poll was A/C line issues, which I have in addition to the hood liner issue. My pics have been sent to Ingalls as mentioned in the main thread.

I also use zip tie on the AC line to clear my bracket. It's a perfectly acceptable way to address the issue.

Also, If it would help Ingalls to address the issues and to determine what fits, they can reference my bracket demensions which was posted on this forum. I have taken all possible measurements to address any potential clearance issues including, brake lines, ABS motor, UR pulley and any execessive engine movement in the bracket design. I'm sure a little modification will correct all existing issues.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Suzuka Master

^^Glad to know, I didn't realize you did it. Shows my attention to the pics you posted.

Note to all: If you're able to replicate something JTso did, you know it will work!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Suzuka Master

FYI, here is the response I got back from my email to Ingalls,

Thanks for the pics. I can obviously see the engine bracket is contacting the hood liner. There must be some fairly substantial differences in manufacturing from car to car. When we were developing and testing this kit, one of the things that we did was to measure the clearance between the bracket and the hood. The results that we came up with were about 3/8" gap between the two. On these test cars, we saw no contact after driving for some time. I know that the next time we run these parts, we will lower this bracket down some to get even more clearance to help this situation. You may want to take the sharp edges off the corners of the bracket where it is contacting the hood liner. This may help to prevent it from scraping against it some.

In reference to the A/C line, if there is an indent on the line but it is not punctured, it should hold up just fine. It is not a high pressure line so you shouldn't have any problems.

One of the issues when developing this kit was all the lines (brake and A/C) that we had to dodge and go over to make this work. Because these lines are semi-flexible and can be in many different positions depending on the line worker who installed them at the factory, we had to give plenty of clearance over the brake lines and try to sneak the chassis bracket underneath the A/C lines. As in your case, the A/C line is a bit lower than on our test cars and the engine mount seems to be a bit higher which is causing the interferences that you have.

I hope this information helps. We always appreciate feedback from our customers both good and bad as it helps us to design and produce better products moving ahead. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions you have or what resolution you are looking for.

My response back was as follows...

I guess my point is, will Ingalls be sending me a new engine mount bracket or am I expected to modify it myself? The issue with the A/C line has a simple fix which I've already done. However, if I do modify my chassis bracket and take too much material off and if it should fail, I'd be out a bracket because you wouldn't warranty it since I modified it.

I have a problem with them telling me I am to modify the bracket. It may never fail, but if it does, I'm on my own unless I get some sort of reassurance to warranty the bracket OR if they send me a new bracket. Not the support I was hoping for from a company I USED to support.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was looking over these issues, one of the things I did was, in addition to notching the brackets, I tied my ac lines and then wrapped them in dynamat (cascade mat, actually) so that where they do touch, there is an ever so slight buffer layer between them. Now they are shielded from both the ETD bracket as well as my Cusco bar, which was pushing into them in 3 places before.

This has both protected the components, and slightly reduced cabin noise while the A/C is on. I'm talking about just the standard A/C noise too, nothing special.