HYTECH EXHAUST PRODUCTS, now available from Heeltoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds great, but by then there will likely be a S/C out for the TSX (other than comptech) and i dont think it will be nearly as expensive as this... not to mention the labor involed..you're looking at $5k+

i think i'll wait for the S/C route.. though i wouldn't mind having a hytech header/exhaust on top of a S/C.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Instructor

Hey Marcus now when you gave that list of mods to acheive the max power.. obviously that is for the MT folks other there.. (CAMS.. etc is only for MT) now for those AT folks out there any info on what is availible to them and what MAX power they are able to gain with the most availiable setup?
Old 04-07-2007, 12:44 AM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by TSX2345

"Here is the dyno data taken from the DTS Engine dyno and Churhes Dynapak chassis dyno. Surprisingly there are very close. The engine dyno numbers are 262.52 HP and 212.53 lbs of torque the chassis dyno shows 257.6 HP and 210.2 Lbs of torque. I posted the other dyno previously

The motor is Roger Foo's Grand Am TSX motor. It is a 2.4 TSX engine. The engine spec's for Grand An are 10.5 to 1 compression ratio, stock rods and pistons, no head porting, HyTech Grand Am kit which includes cams, springs, retainers, header and oil pan baffle. Fuel is Sunoco 98 octane Grand Am spec. It also uses a 60mm throttle body instead of the fly by wire one, and a Hondata K pro for tuning.

It is safe to say that our engine dyno data is very consistent with the Dynapak numbers. Doug from Hondata did the chassis dyno tuning so these are reliable numbers. You can aks him if in doubt.

The graphs are the engine dyno and the chassis dyno which compares a stock TSX to the Grand Am TSX by HyTech"
Any idea what tranny the Grand Ams are using? Many built and boosted K's are busting gears all the time. I wonder if they use some custom gear ratios & FD.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Any idea what tranny the Grand Ams are using? Many built and boosted K's are busting gears all the time. I wonder if they use some custom gear ratios & FD.
Shouldn't we ask THIS guy?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
do we have a price yet other wise I dont see the point in advertising that you can get them with no price.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Stefanie

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
That's right kiddies....la creme de la creme of performance header, exhaust, intake manifold, camshafts, oil pan baffling, and ecu tuning is down the street and around the corner from me, and ready to ship NOW!

210 ft-lbs and 260 hp NA are ready and waiting!

Pics and prices coming soon!

Marcus
I need cold air intake...any suggestions ???
Old 04-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by StefsTSX
I need cold air intake...any suggestions ???
for cold air: fujita, injen, and k&n all make good intakes.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sebo1
i think i'll wait for the S/C route.. though i wouldn't mind having a hytech header/exhaust on top of a S/C.
In reality you're probably better off with one of the cheap headers. The Hytech header looks to be a long tube type. LTs need valve overlap to really show their true potential, which they do by way of exhaust scavenging. Supercharged engines are the opposite. They hate overlap, because the positive MAP will blow the charge out the open exhaust valve when both valves are open. With a supercharger, the only thing you want from a header is as little backpressure as possible, to accomodate the increased volume that the engine is pumping while under boost. All the other headers seem to accomplish this quite well. The exhaust looks really nice, and would probably help free up some power, but some people have already pointed out that it only works with the Hytech header (due to the longer primaries I would assume).

Originally Posted by Endless-Whitetsx
Hey Marcus now when you gave that list of mods to acheive the max power.. obviously that is for the MT folks other there.. (CAMS.. etc is only for MT) now for those AT folks out there any info on what is availible to them and what MAX power they are able to gain with the most availiable setup?
Not sure why camshafts wouldn't work with the AT as well. The engine and tuning are the same.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Endless-Whitetsx

Trans really does not have much to do with anything other than the ability to tune. Hondata can't flash 05 AT TSXs, so these parts could not be tuned on this car.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Trans really does not have much to do with anything other than the ability to tune. Hondata can't flash 05 AT TSXs, so these parts could not be tuned on this car.
Thats good to know!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Stefanie

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
for cold air: fujita, injen, and k&n all make good intakes.
Thank you so much... I think I know someone who is a dealer for Injen.. Is that one of the better of the three? and is $294 a good price?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator

StefsTSX, please take your CAI questions to a more appropriate thread, and leave this one for Hytech discussion. You can PM Heeltoe or another vendor if you're interested in competitive parts quotes.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmpage
In reality you're probably better off with one of the cheap headers. The Hytech header looks to be a long tube type. LTs need valve overlap to really show their true potential, which they do by way of exhaust scavenging. Supercharged engines are the opposite. They hate overlap, because the positive MAP will blow the charge out the open exhaust valve when both valves are open. With a supercharger, the only thing you want from a header is as little backpressure as possible, to accomodate the increased volume that the engine is pumping while under boost. All the other headers seem to accomplish this quite well. The exhaust looks really nice, and would probably help free up some power, but some people have already pointed out that it only works with the Hytech header (due to the longer primaries I would assume).

Not sure why camshafts wouldn't work with the AT as well. The engine and tuning are the same.
Hmm.. last I heard I cant get a camshaft for my AT TSX haha.. if there is one available please direct me to the product haha..
Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Stefanie

Originally Posted by Reach
StefsTSX, please take your CAI questions to a more appropriate thread, and leave this one for Hytech discussion. You can PM Heeltoe or another vendor if you're interested in competitive parts quotes.
Wow..didnt know asking a couple of questions was such an offense here...thanks for the welcoming reach..
Old 04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow..didnt know asking a couple of questions was such an offense here...thanks for the welcoming reach..
it wasn't an offense, the mods just try to keep the thread topic to the point...there have been alot of incidents where the original thread was started about let's say headers and folks started jacking up the thread talking about wheels...

by the way, welcome to the forum!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Stefanie

well thanks for the clear up..i just wanted to know 1 question and i thought by asking that heeltoe guy i would have gotten an answer..im new to this..i have no clue what mods are??well thanks anyway and have a great afternoon!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well thanks for the clear up..i just wanted to know 1 question and i thought by asking that heeltoe guy i would have gotten an answer..im new to this..i have no clue what mods are??well thanks anyway and have a great afternoon!
In this case, "mods" refers to "moderators", like Reach or me. We moderate this forum to make sure the discussions are on topic, orderly, and that arguments or insults don't get out of hand. Reach just didn't want this discussion to drift away from the main topic, particularly as this is a new development and many members are very interested in it.

If you want to ask an unrelated question then you can a) search for a thread with the appropriate topic and ask your question there or, b) send a PM to the person who you want to ask.

In other cases, "mods" could very well be short for "modifications" (as in "what mods have you done to your TSX?").
Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Yes, thank you to all who clarified that, new members should know some of us are very entrenched in the shorthand speak around here.

The best way for you stefsTSX to get an answer would be to PM the vendor (who will be happy to help you) or search for other threads on the topic you are interested in and ask your questions there.

Now... Back to HyTech discussions, please.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:17 AM
6th Gear

how much for the header? email heeltoe and no one answers
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Instructor

This package looks awesome. What is the redline on this setup based on a stock head/stock block?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Roastpig
how much for the header? email heeltoe and no one answers
you cant do hytech headers without the hytech exhaust it is a one fit system. you need both. no aftermarket exhaust other than there will work.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sebo1
sounds great, but by then there will likely be a S/C out for the TSX (other than comptech) and i dont think it will be nearly as expensive as this... not to mention the labor involed..you're looking at $5k+

true...if the whole package + labor gonna cost around 7k I don't know why people are get excited about it....

TL Type-S is about 37400 OTD fully loaded.....
Even though it's gonna have more power than TL-S but stock should always have less problem than modded vehicle.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kyotousa
true...if the whole package + labor gonna cost around 7k I don't know why people are get excited about it....

TL Type-S is about 37400 OTD fully loaded.....
Even though it's gonna have more power than TL-S but stock should always have less problem than modded vehicle.
If $ is your motivator than why bother to mod at all. In fact, buy a Mustang GT and have a fast, correct wheel drive, car with more hp and tq than most, we could go on and on ad nauseum......

It all boils down to personal tastes, not logic.....some people buy no-name dress shoes @ Payless Shoe source, still others buy Ecco's or Timberland, while others have to have Bally or equivelent, all work and serve the same purpose....if we were all logical, we all would drive Yugo's or something.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TodaSi
If $ is your motivator than why bother to mod at all. In fact, buy a Mustang GT and have a fast, correct wheel drive, car with more hp and tq than most, we could go on and on ad nauseum......

It all boils down to personal tastes, not logic.....some people buy no-name dress shoes @ Payless Shoe source, still others buy Ecco's or Timberland, while others have to have Bally or equivelent, all work and serve the same purpose....if we were all logical, we all would drive Yugo's or something.
whatever...if you put 260whp on TSX you'll need to strengthen chasis, brake and suspension anyway...or else it won't be a good car.

I am just merely point out that this option will most likely to be all talk and not many going to buy...are you going to buy it if it's 7k? If not then stop talking trash like money is a non-factor here.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:52 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

7K is not a small amount, but for myself, if I have that extra $$$, I might do it. Consider N/A is more reliable than boost in a long run, with that much R&D invest into it, it's definity worth it. Consider the price is not that far off from the supercharger + labor, I don't see why you are bashing it?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:57 AM
VSA Rocks

whatever...if you put 260whp on TSX you'll need to strengthen chasis, brake and suspension anyway...or else it won't be a good car.

I am just merely point out that this option will most likely to be all talk and not many going to buy...are you going to buy it if it's 7k? If not then stop talking trash like money is a non-factor here.
I agree with TodaSi's remarks above. Too much thinking going on here.

I spent over $5000 on mods on my Integra after a few years of modding. Never once did I sit down and say, "Hmmm. Is spending $5000 worth it?"

Modding comes in phases. One day you decide to buy a header. A few months later, you buy cams. Before you know it, you have new pistons, rods, and a different head.

You really can't compare it with a stock car like the TL-S. Modding is adding your own personality and uniqueness to the car. Otherwise, you could just buy a used Camaro SS and smoke 99.99% of the cars out there.

While I agree that not too many are willing to do this mod, I don't think anyone ever suggested that it will be flying off the shelves. Hytech has always been for the hard-core.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by chuson
7K is not a small amount, but for myself, if I have that extra $$$, I might do it. Consider N/A is more reliable than boost in a long run, with that much R&D invest into it, it's definity worth it. Consider the price is not that far off from the supercharger + labor, I don't see why you are bashing it?
yeayea i agree with chuson here, na ftw.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Got Phó?

I spent 7grand on my TSX so far.......was it worth it? F@#K yeah.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chuson
I aint even bashing it......always good to have new mods out
but there are like 15 posts asking about wow when's this mod gonna come out and people talking about like they are gonna do it and stuff...
but when you think about it .....exhaust and header cost like 2500...the cam kit probably cost another 2500....and then there's reflash cost.

I don't think labor is gonna be 5k....but the package will be around like 6k....then you add up some labor.....if the labor is really gonna be 5k then seriously what's the point......

There are like what...5 people that did the supercharger.....if the labor gonna cost 5k for this mod expect less......
Old 04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
I spent 7grand on my TSX so far.......was it worth it? F@#K yeah.

did you spend 7k all on power or like 2k on power...few on suspension...few on cosmetics.....

7k is probably a optimistic estimate anyway....and after that you'll need to upgrade brake another 3k....upgrade chasis if you plan to use that 260whp.....upgrade suspension so you can actually corner with fwd.....

you end up with a car that cost 42k with no cosmetic upgrade yet.....and some 47k stock 335 will still kick ur ass.....
might as well buy a new car
Old 04-16-2007, 12:51 PM

I aint even bashing it......always good to have new mods out
but there are like 15 posts asking about wow when's this mod gonna come out and people talking about like they are gonna do it and stuff...
but when you think about it .....exhaust and header cost like 2500...the cam kit probably cost another 2500....and then there's reflash cost.

I don't think labor is gonna be 5k....but the package will be around like 6k....then you add up some labor.....if the labor is really gonna be 5k then seriously what's the point......

There are like what...5 people that did the supercharger.....if the labor gonna cost 5k for this mod expect less......
5k on labor what a joke. its a simple header and exhaust install. fuck I can do that myself for free. I mean wow may be need the cams installed but that isnt going to cost 5k. some people are seriously over exaggerating the fucking cost here.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Burning Brakes

5k on labor what a joke. its a simple header and exhaust install. fuck I can do that myself for free. I mean wow may be need the cams installed but that isnt going to cost 5k. some people are seriously over exaggerating the fucking cost here.
i donno why you quote me on this, maybe you should read the whole page.....

you need port polish that's like few hundred and the installation.
I'd say my 7k estimate is pretty optimistic...most likely gonna cost more
since the whole package might be selling for 7k already lol

i donno how u gonna install header and exhaust without lift....but whatever that's cheap labor anyway....the main one is camkit
Old 04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
You don't need a lift to install a header or the exhaust. A jack and some jack stands is all that's required.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by mrsteve
You don't need a lift to install a header or the exhaust. A jack and some jack stands is all that's required.
I installed my own comptech header, rt cat, and greddy exhaust, its not really that hard.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Got Phó?

did you spend 7k all on power or like 2k on power...few on suspension...few on cosmetics.....
Yeah....a little of everything. Wheels already cost me 3k.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Got Phó?

I installed my own comptech header, rt cat, and greddy exhaust, its not really that hard.
Yeah, if only i had my own tools i would installed my own headers. But hey, i only live 40mins from JTso so its all good.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It's very simple. Don't like the price, then don't buy it, but don't expect everyone to view "value" on your own scale.

Now please keep the discussion back on topic. Thank you.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JTso
It's very simple. Don't like the price, then don't buy it, but don't expect everyone to view "value" on your own scale.

Now please keep the discussion back on topic. Thank you.
haha it is simple.....i donno why people get rally up on my simple post of estimate

i don't think every single posts need to be "wow great gain i am gonna get it, when will it come out" right?
those comments are like given in the title
anyway...carry on...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
You guys are cracking me up.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 PM

You guys are cracking me up.
anymore info cause other wise to this is as bad as the teaser thread I make personally cause honestly there is no real hard cut info other than your word on the power specs. no recent dyno and no prices = power mod teaser thread.

Quick Reply: HYTECH EXHAUST PRODUCTS, now available from Heeltoe