hpautoworks.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hpautoworks.com

Anybody ordered anything from this place? I placed an order with them yesterday, but just saw some posts in other forums about how they scam you. Any input on these guys would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Intermediate

My experience

Seeing as how nobody responded to this post I figure I should post my personal experience with this merchant. I placed an order for the Greddy SP2 exhaust last Thursday. After reading some stuff on other forums, I was pretty worried about not receiving my item and not being able to get a refund so I contacted the owner, Andy, on Friday to make sure my item was in stock and that it would be sent out. He emailed me back the same day letting me know that the SP2 was discontinued for the TSX and that he could either give me an A'pexi WS II or a Tanabe SMH for the same price. He also offered me the Tanabe MT for the discounted price of $739. I decided to go with the Tanabe MT. It was in stock, so after paying the difference the item was shipped out the same day, today (Monday was Veteran's day so I didn't get in touch with Andy again until today). I also received a tracking number from Andy earlier today.

So contrary to what some forums have said, I had a great experience ordering from hpautoworks. Andy was very good about accomodating me for the inconvenience of the SP2 being discontinued and gave me a great price on the MT.

If you decide to order from them my suggestions would be:

(1) if you want the item quickly make sure they have it in stock BEFORE ordering either via email or by calling and leaving a voicemail if they don't pick up (i used email and found this to be a very effective way to get in touch with them).

(2) if your item isn't in stock find out how long it's going to be and make sure you can deal with the wait.

(3) Be persistent with your emails and stay on top of him about the shipping date and tracking number. Andy will get back to you if you keep on top of him. I'm sure he gets busy over there so if you don't hear back, just email him again. He will write you back.

This may seem like a lot to do in order to ensure a smooth transaction. It may not even be necessary, it's just what I did. The prices on certain items are very good and I think the "cost" of taking these additional steps are definitely outweighed by the benefits i.e. the significant discount.

Hope this helps anybody who orders from hpautoworks in the future.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad you posted your experiences up. FYI, we have great vendors on the forum that are incredible with their customer service.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. I have the Tanabe MT, and I love it. You got a great price on it, too. Enjoy the exhaust.

And as Moda said, in the future, check out some of our forum vendors in the Group Buys folder. I got my Tanabe MT (among many other parts) from Excelerate and he's always great to deal with.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Intermediate

I'll make sure to do that. I was originally going to buy the sp2 and didn't find it on either of the forum vendor sites I looked at (probably because it was discontinued).