How badly am I going to mess up my car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by members78
younger people feel invulnerable, admit it youngnecks! let me give u an analogy, ever gone skiing and see the younguns speed down the slopes, even the inexperienced ones? it's cuz they are fearless, not cuz they are better skiers. as a general rule, and there are exceptions, as you get older you get less ballsy.

i think the same applies to driving. heck i dont blame them, they grew up watching ronin and fast n furious movies, who wouldnt want to blast out the gates with their newfound freedom on wheels?
When you are 16 you think you're invincible. Probably don't know anyone your age that passed away or have gotten seriously injured themselves.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Racer

i meant to use the word invincible, hehe.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
....And although we are young, we still have some of the best reaction times, the difference is that we are not expierenced with the actual situations, . Of course thats a huge part in dealing with car related scenarios.....
Knowing what's going to happen before it happens (experience) > Reaction times.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
[QUOTE=MemRheins]
Originally Posted by biker
Compared to a 40 year old who has driven for 20+ years -

Attcually being a fireman and EMT ive seen alot of accidents...and the worse ones seem to be the 40 year old buisness men, who durring their midlife buy the car they wanted to whip around when they were 18...ex: Porsh, Vette, Audi, Ect... these guys think because of their experence there not gonna crash while cutting off everyone in sight (with a coffie in one hand, cell phone on headset)...I am 18, I do drive fast and hard but I feel that im a Damn good driver...Sure ive been in two accidents..neither of which were attcually my fault (one my car was parked, the other the shmuck tried to pass me on the right on a one lane rd)..but Ive avoided a hell of alot more do to my driving ability... Personally I think the most dangerous drivers on the road is probibly the early 30's soccer mom w/ 2 kids in a Suburban LX flying around the parkway...theres no way this side of shit that she can handle that car in the event of an emergency...and that thing is dangerous to everyone else.

Just my
If you read my second sentence I said the same thing.

Biker, who finds it funny that some 18 year kid seems to have a whole life's worth experience already and who was a fireman for a heck of a lot longer than any 18 year old kid.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by biker
If you read my second sentence I said the same thing.

Biker, who finds it funny that some 18 year kid seems to have a whole life's worth experience already and who was a fireman for a heck of a lot longer than any 18 year old kid.
Ouch looks like I hit a nerve there... Well good to know that ur a fireman, I admit i do have some more respect for u now. Im not saying that I cant learn more from Experence behind the wheel, I was just saying as u did that often even people with experence are gonna get themselfs killed, first TSX I ever saw totaled was some 40 year old lawyers who was speeding in the rain...he was fine, car was fucked... thats half the reason why Honda/Acura has such a good rep is because their safe (w/ the exception of the CRX...)
Old 01-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sometimes it doesn't matter how experienced or how old you are, and how quick of reaction you have. One can do all the right things in a situation, but still get into an accident simply because you don't have control over how other people drive, or the road condition.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Professional Newbie

Hey TI_TSX that intake must be sweet in ur car, i'm gonna install mine when it starts to warm up around here, if ur into helping that'd be awesome, i'll let u know
Old 01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by madmanmax3000
Hey TI_TSX that intake must be sweet in ur car, i'm gonna install mine when it starts to warm up around here, if ur into helping that'd be awesome, i'll let u know

back on topic

Old 01-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Haha..... but you know down here in Vancouver.....the MOST DANGEROUS drivers aren't us kids, but the MOMS. They drive the Benz and Lexus and thinks that they are invinciable. Omg, everytime when I am at the Chinese malls, I almost get hit. When they back up, they don't look, when they turn, they don't look. Most of the accidents here aren't cause by kids, but those MOMS.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Race Director

There's a reason most ins companies lower rates for 25+ year olds and married folks. It's not necessarily the extra experience those folks have but they are less likely to take stupid chances. I certainly won't do now some of the stupid things I did when I was 18.

Biker, who grew up when the drinking age was 18 and cops sometimes gave you a ride home after being pulled over drunk.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ and then slapped the big 'ole DUI in your face...

it seems that everytime in this forum whenever a teenager makes the 'mistake' telling you folks how old they are, regardless of the thread, it always turns into a 'teens dont understand the value of money', 'they shouldnt be driving around in a 27k car'.
why do all of you feel the need to put teens in 'their place'. madman mad just wants to put an intake in his car, hes 16 so he doesnt know all that much and all you guys seem to care about is how hes 16 and he shouldnt mod his car.
some of you helped, and thats nice. but the majority of this thread is completley off topic. havent you guys already expressed your feelings about teenage drivers? i think once is enough... and for those teens that havent gotten this personal 'lack of respect', use the search button.
[/rant]
Old 01-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by acuratsx03
^^ and then slapped the big 'ole DUI in your face...

it seems that everytime in this forum whenever a teenager makes the 'mistake' telling you folks how old they are, regardless of the thread, it always turns into a 'teens dont understand the value of money', 'they shouldnt be driving around in a 27k car'.
why do all of you feel the need to put teens in 'their place'. madman mad just wants to put an intake in his car, hes 16 so he doesnt know all that much and all you guys seem to care about is how hes 16 and he shouldnt mod his car.
some of you helped, and thats nice. but the majority of this thread is completley off topic. havent you guys already expressed your feelings about teenage drivers? i think once is enough... and for those teens that havent gotten this personal 'lack of respect', use the search button.
[/rant]
Have you heard of the term Post Whore ? That's what most of those post are all about.

Biker, who moded cars in his youth and lived to tell about it.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by JTso
Sometimes it doesn't matter how experienced or how old you are, and how quick of reaction you have. One can do all the right things in a situation, but still get into an accident simply because you don't have control over how other people drive, or the road condition.
So true.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

im young, have this beauty car, have modded it. and have come close to an accident. my family is pretty big on cars, so we've done some racing/driving skills schools, and it makes a hell of a difference. when i was skidding on the highway because the rear tires were losing grip, i had steered into the skid, aiming at a snow bank, kept my eyes straight down the road where i wanted the car to go, gave it a pump of gas and i ended up driving along a snowbank to brake, but atleast i was straight, out of colissions and out of the ditch. 2 things a person wouldnt think about in a serious situation is steer into the skid (away from the road seems crazy) and hitting the gas, you would typically brake and steer where you want to go. - point of this story is there are ways to improve your skills and safety no matter the car, person, age.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSX Cman
im young, have this beauty car, have modded it. and have come close to an accident. my family is pretty big on cars, so we've done some racing/driving skills schools, and it makes a hell of a difference. when i was skidding on the highway because the rear tires were losing grip, i had steered into the skid, aiming at a snow bank, kept my eyes straight down the road where i wanted the car to go, gave it a pump of gas and i ended up driving along a snowbank to brake, but atleast i was straight, out of colissions and out of the ditch. 2 things a person wouldnt think about in a serious situation is steer into the skid (away from the road seems crazy) and hitting the gas, you would typically brake and steer where you want to go. - point of this story is there are ways to improve your skills and safety no matter the car, person, age.
Hmmm, didnt you kick your leg through a glass window and almost bled to death?

Kids do stupid things. Point made, nuff said.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

i do stupid stuff every day, i also know when to be serious.
and yes, i jump kicked thru the window
Old 01-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
i live in the boston area myself and i was prob gonna install one on my ride later this summer, i would give you a hand if you were to do it later in the spring...

i am just busy with classes and work for now, along with the weather sucking...

btw congrats on the whip, i wish i had one when i was 16 and drive safe...most people are jealous they didnt have it at that age, just take it in stride...the TSX is a great car to start out if you have the loot...its not like your first car is a V8 mustang or 350Z which is definitely a bad idea as a first car...