HONDATA Impressions.....and a great real world test to come....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JWBacura
Had Hondata reflash done and it came back incorrectly. Pure Tuning Toledo OH is
authorized Hondata dealer that took ECU etc out. I had dyno done before and after and was way down on power at 5000 rpm after. They are waiting for owner of Hondata to get back in country this Monday to find out about correction. I have to take the car back in and leave again. I have to say Pure Tuning has been very good about this and doing all they can to correct. I will keep all posted.
Yeah, it's starting to look more and more like a bum hit and run post.....1 post....I doubt it's true.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:31 AM
My Love & My Life

nice video!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:52 AM
10th Gear

Great video! Can't wait to see the full version.

Has anyone done a 1/4 mile run with the hondata reflash?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Cruisin'

Yes I am 58 and have had Porshe's, BMW's and Audi's forever. Was also past Pres of Porsche Club in Chicago and have raced Porshe's in Solo 1 and 2 and Vintage Racing. N theo I am not making Hondata issue this up. The TSX is my company car and first Asian car I have had. It has been faultless!! And a great road car etc. But as we all say low on power. So I read all the positive post about the Hondata Reflash etc. I even would not do the work with Pure Tuning until they got listed on Hondata's vendor list. which they did. The before and after dyno run they have at the shop and I do not same. I have no scaner anyway. Right now the car runs fine up to 5000 rpm and then goes flat. I am sure it will all be made good. But why me? Also I have to have my car tied up another three days. By the way I got the TSX because Audi would not deal with me and all my past Audi's had been a little on the in the shop side. The TSX as I have said is GREAT. I also have added the cold air intake and rear bar. All made a very positive performace value to the car. Also have nav.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Audi Driving Snob

Yes I am 58 and have had Porshe's, BMW's and Audi's forever. Was also past Pres of Porsche Club in Chicago and have raced Porshe's in Solo 1 and 2 and Vintage Racing. N theo I am not making Hondata issue this up. The TSX is my company car and first Asian car I have had. It has been faultless!! And a great road car etc. But as we all say low on power. So I read all the positive post about the Hondata Reflash etc. I even would not do the work with Pure Tuning until they got listed on Hondata's vendor list. which they did. The before and after dyno run they have at the shop and I do not same. I have no scaner anyway. Right now the car runs fine up to 5000 rpm and then goes flat. I am sure it will all be made good. But why me? Also I have to have my car tied up another three days. By the way I got the TSX because Audi would not deal with me and all my past Audi's had been a little on the in the shop side. The TSX as I have said is GREAT. I also have added the cold air intake and rear bar. All made a very positive performace value to the car. Also have nav.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with hondata -- did the shop verify that all sensors were working properly again and no CEL or code has been thrown? If you happen to have the before and after dynos you mentioned if would be great to see them.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Cruisin'

I will know more this week after owner of Hondata gets back in counrty and they disscuss the issue. And when I can arrange time to get the car back into Pure Tuning. If I can get the dyno runs on I will but not sure how I can with out a scaner etc. I am not much of a computer person. Believe me I will keep all posted on the results, and hopefully Hondata is reading this also. But as I say I am sure they will make this all work. Again I have to say Pure Tuning in Toledo has been great about this all and no money has exchanged hands until all is good per their idea.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:01 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...The TSX as I have said is GREAT. I also have added the cold air intake and rear bar. All made a very positive performace value to the car. Also have nav.
now you need four good tires and suspension. you can do it!!
Old 07-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Wow, again, I'm really sorry to hear that. You have quite a collection there! I think the TSX will fit in nicely as a commuter car.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that your reflash didn't work out. Did you make sure to check that they sent you back the correct ECU?

Hondata is a good company so I bet they will work with you and resolve the issue. Good luck man.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx536
Sorry to hear that your reflash didn't work out. Did you make sure to check that they sent you back the correct ECU?

Hondata is a good company so I bet they will work with you and resolve the issue. Good luck man.
It's probably the correct ECU. Otherwise, the engine wouldn't start. However, I'm curious what year is the ECU, as the 05 isn't working correctly with the reflash. Perhaps someone at Hondata didn't realize it when performing the reflash? I'm just guessing here...
Old 07-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by JTso
It's probably the correct ECU. Otherwise, the engine wouldn't start. However, I'm curious what year is the ECU, as the 05 isn't working correctly with the reflash. Perhaps someone at Hondata didn't realize it when performing the reflash? I'm just guessing here...
That sounds like a good guess to me.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:38 AM
10th Gear

Soo... has the complete video of this race been released yet?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by nishtsx
Soo... has the complete video of this race been released yet?
I did throw together a few more seconds of the footage.

Just to reiterate:

My car is a stock 6MT; Jeremy's car is 6MT, CAI and Hondata. We punched it at 4k in second gear. You can see a big gain on his part when I shifted third to fourth at 7100 rpms and he did not; he pulled hard up to 7500 or so in third gear.....

and when we did this run before Hondata, it was practically even.

longer Hondata clip....
Old 07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
LannyM, are you going to let him walk all over you like that? Doing something about it?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by JTso
LannyM, are you going to let him walk all over you like that? Doing something about it?
Yeah, this video clearly shows that I am in need of some engine mods...........