Hondata Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hondata Canada

Hey guys,

I just recently signed up to your forums. I've been using the site for the past month or so to absorb some base knowledge and to learn some easy do-it-yourself mods (thanks). Currently I only have a K&N Typhoon Air intake on the way to be installed, other than that I was thinking maybe a set of the UR Pulleys and the Hondata Reflash. Anyways my point being I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dealer for the Hondata reflash up here in Canada. I know someone mentioned a member might be selling them on here? I was just curious of the process and if this would be a good route to go for my stock Tsx (5AT).

Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.hondata.com/dealers.html
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Cruisin'

yeah thanks, I checked that out and I called advanced they said it was going to be 350$ including shipping. But that takes like 2 weeks, anyone know how I could get it done any faster, being a Canadian?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
No matter the dealer, the same thing has to be done:
1. you pay a dealer (ANY dealer, in ANY country).
2. you ship the ECU to Hondata in California, at your cost.
3. Hondata reflashes the ECU and ships back to you.

No matter what dealer you choose, all they 'really' do is forward the paperwork to Hondata.

NOW... THAT BEING SAID... I HIGHLY recommend going through HeelToe Automotive (a sponsored, paying vendor here, and a stand up guy!). Marcus really ensured my questions were responded to, my worries about international shipping sorted out, and overall my experience for the Hondata process through him was exceptional!
Sure, its a few bucks more than other places, but his customer service IS WORTH IT.

Check my signature for a link to his site. Also, make sure you use "tsxrocks" as the promo/coupon code for a discount.

If you want it back FAST, the best thing to do is pay for FedEx Priority through Heeltoe -- its a big more expensive, but I guarantee it's quicker than the $50-ish in shipping that Advance is charging you (which is very very likely GROUND shipping, meaning slow, and you will have to pay extra for brokerage fees whereas brokerage fees are included in the FedEx International Priority price through Heeltoe!).

Any other questions, PM or ask here and I'll do my best!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 PM

BTW... I sent my ECU out on a Monday, got it back on a Friday. The only reason it wasn't back sooner was because Hondata just missed the 3pm shipping deadline to have it back on Thursday. So if you pay upfront and ship it there and back "overnight", you should only be without the car for 4 days.

(Also, I recommend driving the ECU to Buffalo with a friends' car and shipping it out from there, overnight, using USPS's fastest method. Its DAMN cheap (under $40 I guarantee) and is FAST. I did this by driving to Ogdensburg, NY, which is about 30 minutes from my place in Ottawa. Gas up the car while there and its worth the price of driving there alone, not to mention you'll save probably $120 in overnight shipping fees by not having to overnight it from Canada!!)
Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Cruisin'

Hey thanks for the info curls that works out great. My mom is actually going to buffalo on thursday. So Do i contact Hondata before hand or something? If i plan on mailing it myself?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 PM

No - you contact Marcus @ Heeltoe and he'll let you know the rest. Basically, you buy the reflash through him, print off the invoice, the Hondata Reflash form (avail at Hondata.com), package up the ECU, immobilizer, and ANY key that starts the car (valet key is fine). Slap that in a box with the paperwork mentioned above, have your mom mail it USPS EXPRESS (Overnight) to Hondata (NOT Heeltoe). Hondata will probably get it on Friday (assuming your mom mails it before 3pm-ish). They will probably flash it Friday or Monday, and you should probably see it back at your house on Tuesday.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Cruisin'

Oh okay I understand. So really all your buying is the service, correct? They're just reflashing your current ECU? or is it a new one entirely? Also will it work correctly with stock headers + a K&N CAI? Or should i wait to replace both then get it. Sorry for the n00b questions..
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by santos88
Oh okay I understand. So really all your buying is the service, correct? They're just reflashing your current ECU? or is it a new one entirely? Also will it work correctly with stock headers + a K&N CAI? Or should i wait to replace both then get it. Sorry for the n00b questions..
Yeah, you are paying Hondata to reflash certain aspects of your own ECU. However, they also need the immobilizer and a key to ensure things work smoothly. The same ECU/immo/key you send, is what you'll get back a few days later.

It works well with stock everything, but adding the CAI surely helps get more from it!

Cheers,
Eric
Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the help. I'm def going to check into that asap!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM
M3 Track Record

Hey guys,

I just recently signed up to your forums. I've been using the site for the past month or so to absorb some base knowledge and to learn some easy do-it-yourself mods (thanks). Currently I only have a K&N Typhoon Air intake on the way to be installed, other than that I was thinking maybe a set of the UR Pulleys and the Hondata Reflash. Anyways my point being I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dealer for the Hondata reflash up here in Canada. I know someone mentioned a member might be selling them on here? I was just curious of the process and if this would be a good route to go for my stock Tsx (5AT).

Thanks

My TSX is an '05 AT and I only had a K&N intake installed when I got my reflash. I went to Oakville Ontario. Now if you are in Ontario you can go to Oakville or Ottawa. It took 2 business days for me to get my ECU back. Phenomenal difference!!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Impulse05
My TSX is an '05 AT and I only had a K&N intake installed when I got my reflash. I went to Oakville Ontario. Now if you are in Ontario you can go to Oakville or Ottawa. It took 2 business days for me to get my ECU back. Phenomenal difference!!
Hey thanks for the information, I am def going to get this mod, just have to find time to get to the states, was kinda rushed before. I checked out all the dyno's though and the results are dramatic.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by curls
(Also, I recommend driving the ECU to Buffalo with a friends' car and shipping it out from there, overnight, using USPS's fastest method. Its DAMN cheap (under $40 I guarantee) and is FAST. I did this by driving to Ogdensburg, NY, which is about 30 minutes from my place in Ottawa. Gas up the car while there and its worth the price of driving there alone, not to mention you'll save probably $120 in overnight shipping fees by not having to overnight it from Canada!!)

Hey I was talking to Marcus about the whole overnight shipping. I'm just curious as to what return address you put on the package while in NY? Don't you need to have an American address to ship something there? Also, is it going to be Hondata shipping it back to you or do they give it to Marcus to foward on?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 AM

If there's a UPS store in your nearest NY town, call the store (www.ups.com) and ask if they hold parcels for pickup. The one in Ogdensburg does for $5/package.

The return address would be:
Your Name
c/o The UPS Store
123 Any Street
Anytown, USA 12345

As for the Hondata vs Marcus shipping, you'd have to ask him but I believe Hondata normally sends it themselves.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Cruisin'

Talking Group Buy In Toronto

Hey guys I'm looking to get a group buy started in the GTA for the hondata Reflash. I called a shop in Oakville called Neetronics and spoke to one of the guys who works there. The price for the Reflash is 300 CDN + Tax, on top of this the shipping for our units 'there AND back' will be 120$ through FedEx and this would include the brokers fee. He told me that he can ship a total of 3 units, and each additional unit is 10$. So we would be looking at a rough estimate of about 370$ max depending on the value of the CDN . Anyways it would work out like this.. unit (302.99) x tax (1.05) + shipping (140/3) = 365$ roughly.. Anyways let me know if anyone is interested, the sooner the better!! Btw any club meets this month?

Cheers~
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking to get a group buy started in the GTA for the hondata Reflash. I called a shop in Oakville called Neetronics and spoke to one of the guys who works there. The price for the Reflash is 300 CDN + Tax, on top of this the shipping for our units 'there AND back' will be 120$ through FedEx and this would include the brokers fee. He told me that he can ship a total of 3 units, and each additional unit is 10$. So we would be looking at a rough estimate of about 370$ max depending on the value of the CDN . Anyways it would work out like this.. unit (302.99) x tax (1.05) + shipping (140/3) = 365$ roughly.. Anyways let me know if anyone is interested, the sooner the better!! Btw any club meets this month?

Cheers~

C$365 for 4-5 business day turnaround is a great price.
The local Hondata dealer here in Calgary wants C$440 total (4-5 business day turnaround.)
I posted asking for more Calgary folks to join me in shipping but no response.

I go to T.O. for work many times a year but no trips planned for the near future or else I would be interested.

Good luck with the group shipping!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by StealthTSX
C$365 for 4-5 business day turnaround is a great price.
The local Hondata dealer here in Calgary wants C$440 total (4-5 business day turnaround.)
I posted asking for more Calgary folks to join me in shipping but no response.

I go to T.O. for work many times a year but no trips planned for the near future or else I would be interested.

Good luck with the group shipping!
Yeah def, I can't wait to get it done, I think we just formed our group so I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
6th Gear

i live in Winnipeg but i can get me unit to you guys in GTA to share the shipping fees
Old 05-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I live in winnipeg as well, and have been waiting for an opportunity do get this done. Maybe winnipegger can work together to get this done? Also, Hondata does a reflash, I know someone here in winnipeg that does an e-flash. How is that different?