Help with fog light install for jdm front lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:31 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with fog light install for jdm front lip

Sorry if this has been covered before but I'm kinda confused...

I am going to get the euro-r kit and am trying to figure out the whole fog light situation. I really don't want to have those big elliptical holes just sitting there so I'm planning to install the foglights. Several ppl have posted that the usdm fog lights will not fit the jdm front lip. The prob is no one has said why. The only thing I can think is that there may be protrusions on the jdm lip which go into the cutouts where the fog lights would go on the factory lip or the depth of the installed foglights are different. If someone can explain it in detail that would be great; pics are even better.

I e-mailed BPT and they said I couldn't use the euro-r foglight covers they sell (the ones with the slots cut into them) to fit the usdm foglights in the jdm lip and that ONLY the jdm foglights would fit. Again, I don't understand why b/c from the pics they look exactly the same so there must be something I can't see. So, now I'm all confused

Can someone who has done this install before please make up a diy guide with a list of all necessary parts we need to order? As of now the only thing I can figure out is that I will need the jdm foglight assemblies (just the housings themselves)and jdm foglight covers. I like the idea of having the integrated switch in the turn signal stalk so I will get that from the dealer. Anything else I need?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Noobie 6MT driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by buckeyesi
Sorry if this has been covered before but I'm kinda confused...

I am going to get the euro-r kit and am trying to figure out the whole fog light situation. I really don't want to have those big elliptical holes just sitting there so I'm planning to install the foglights. Several ppl have posted that the usdm fog lights will not fit the jdm front lip. The prob is no one has said why. The only thing I can think is that there may be protrusions on the jdm lip which go into the cutouts where the fog lights would go on the factory lip or the depth of the installed foglights are different. If someone can explain it in detail that would be great; pics are even better.

I e-mailed BPT and they said I couldn't use the euro-r foglight covers they sell (the ones with the slots cut into them) to fit the usdm foglights in the jdm lip and that ONLY the jdm foglights would fit. Again, I don't understand why b/c from the pics they look exactly the same so there must be something I can't see. So, now I'm all confused

Can someone who has done this install before please make up a diy guide with a list of all necessary parts we need to order? As of now the only thing I can figure out is that I will need the jdm foglight assemblies (just the housings themselves)and jdm foglight covers. I like the idea of having the integrated switch in the turn signal stalk so I will get that from the dealer. Anything else I need?

Thanks.
You are correct, the JDM lip has protrusions that goes throught the cutout part of the foglight cover, which allows the said cover to bolt on the the protruded part of the lip assembly. The OEM foglights' cover have no cutout for the lip to protrude into. I believe that is the main reason why USDM foggies won't work for jdm lip. The shape of the fog light itself may be different, or may be the same...i'm not sure.

For the wiring, i believe is the same as the USDM foglight kit, so you can probably download it somewhere off the net. I believe there are a few places with a PDF install guide.

I don't know if i helped at all, but the install is pretty straight forward.