Fog Light DIY Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwest1023
Sorry, 2003 accord. The 2004 is probably the same. The dealer can show you a picture of the switch.
Ok, that is what i thought you meant but i saw you post 94, then 2004 and then 94 again so i was just confused and thought you made a typo since the 9 and 0 are close together....lol

Anyway, i think a fog light switch from an 04 RSX looks like it would work. Seems to be relatively the same shape, but not 100% sure.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dwest1023
If you already have a switch harness, then it might just plug into the back of the new switch.I don't like the battery idea, cuz you can leave the ligjht on by mistake, and run the battery down. The way mine is connected, the fogs will cut off by themselves along with the parking lights if I leave them on. I never run the fogs without parking lights on. I prefer that look.
I actually tied them into the same wire that my amp is tied into so that when i turn off the car it will shut them off so it doesn't wear down the battery! Basically, i leave them so whenever i start the car the fog's will come on unless i turn them off by pushing the switch That part i have done fine i just the the switch is sooo fugly! I am going to try and see if the 04 RSX switch will fit otherwise i will try and go for the 2003 Accord switch. I would think the harness is plug and play....
Old 10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
rice, anyone?

Similar-But-Not-Quite-Same-Thread-Topic:

is it me, or does the fog lights seem really really yellow in contrast to the lovely HID's? are there whiter bulbs that could be swapped in? has anyone ever done that, or am i just being OCD about color?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by adrokshuclak
Similar-But-Not-Quite-Same-Thread-Topic:

is it me, or does the fog lights seem really really yellow in contrast to the lovely HID's? are there whiter bulbs that could be swapped in? has anyone ever done that, or am i just being OCD about color?
No, your not OCD, they are yellow (depending on which ones you get) and i am pretty sure that you can buy different colored bulbs for it. However, check the interior color of your housing because it may be the reflective housing that is a different color, not the bulb.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
rice, anyone?

Originally Posted by jwood_04TSX
No, your not OCD, they are yellow (depending on which ones you get) and i am pretty sure that you can buy different colored bulbs for it. However, check the interior color of your housing because it may be the reflective housing that is a different color, not the bulb.
i haven't changed anything yet, so its completely stock lights. any idea which bulbs i need to get?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

i haven't changed anything yet, so its completely stock lights. any idea which bulbs i need to get?
Without looking at it i'm not sure off hand but can look it up later when i'm not at work, unless some one else can. However, i think it depends on which fog light setup you bought. The JDM ones probably have a diff bulb then the apparent crap ones i bought and again different from the OEM ones. Best thing to do, take it out look at the base of the bulb!

Edit: Just looked really fast and the instructions on Handa Acc. says the buld is this: Rating: 12V 55W H11 Halogen Light Bulb

All i can get ya for right now....
Old 10-09-2006, 02:21 PM
rice, anyone?

Originally Posted by jwood_04TSX
Without looking at it i'm not sure off hand but can look it up later when i'm not at work, unless some one else can. However, i think it depends on which fog light setup you bought. The JDM ones probably have a diff bulb then the apparent crap ones i bought and again different from the OEM ones. Best thing to do, take it out look at the base of the bulb!
USDM OEM, i didn't have to buy any foglights. my 06' came with it, which is why i'm not sure what kind of bulb, cause i haven't gotten under there to take everything apart to look at the bulb... kinda figured that if someone knew the bulb, i could find a replacement, and then take everything apart when i get under there to swap out the bulbs.

Edit:

thank you so much! i'll look it up now... (even though i should really be working... heh)
Old 10-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

USDM OEM, i didn't have to buy any foglights. my 06' came with it, which is why i'm not sure what kind of bulb, cause i haven't gotten under there to take everything apart to look at the bulb... kinda figured that if someone knew the bulb, i could find a replacement, and then take everything apart when i get under there to swap out the bulbs.

Edit:

thank you so much! i'll look it up now... (even though i should really be working... heh)
Oh, i have no idea about the 06's. Just take it out since you are looking to replace it anyway.....

Just a note, i found it easiest to take out the bulbs if you take out the clips an remove the plastic cover and grille to get your hands down in there. If you can reach through the lower grille do that, but i could get my hands in that far.