First Steps

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Steps

Hi guys (and gals),

First, let me start out by saying I come from a bit of a different gearhead environment doing mostly work on older muscle cars (late 60's stangs for the most part) so I am a bit clueless when it comes to making an late model import fast. That being said, typically with any car there are low hanging fruit (intake/air filter, exhaust) that one can bolt on pretty quickly just to get a bit of a bump in HP and make the car run a bit faster. I was hoping that someone could give me a few suggestions on my newly purchased 2007 TSX MT.

Some brands and favorite resellers would be much appreciated. I figure Cold air intake woud be a good place to start at the least, what else should I look into?

Thanks in advance and if there is already a thread for this one, please just point me at it.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:20 AM
Advanced

Heeltoeauto.com is a good place to start checking up on parts available for the TSX. Everyone has different taste on brands of mods. Some will say this makes more power and some will disagree. Browse through the forums and you will get an idea on what people are running and their pros/cons on the product.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Shad034
Hi guys (and gals),

First, let me start out by saying I come from a bit of a different gearhead environment doing mostly work on older muscle cars (late 60's stangs for the most part) so I am a bit clueless when it comes to making an late model import fast. That being said, typically with any car there are low hanging fruit (intake/air filter, exhaust) that one can bolt on pretty quickly just to get a bit of a bump in HP and make the car run a bit faster. I was hoping that someone could give me a few suggestions on my newly purchased 2007 TSX MT.

Some brands and favorite resellers would be much appreciated. I figure Cold air intake woud be a good place to start at the least, what else should I look into?

Thanks in advance and if there is already a thread for this one, please just point me at it.
These mods should help get some more power.
1. Comptech Header
2. Random Technologies High Flow Catalytic Converter or a Test Pipe
3. Injen Cold Air intake... really any cold air intake will do i prefer the look and sound of the injen
4. p2R throttle body spacer.
5. Cat Back exhaust will give you a nice tone but dont expect any increase in power. the stock tsx exhaust gets the job done there are hundreds of forums on all these items.

You might want to check the black market for some used parts as well there is some good stuff there too. I actually have the Random Technologies high flow cat and injen cold air intake up for sale as well.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
-Nick-

I would recommend the Fastline Performance high flow cat. I have been using mine for 4 days now and it has been great. It pulls much harder now that the ECU has adjusted to it. It also has a lower cell count than the Random Technologies cat, so it performs better. Also, some NST pulleys help out with low end power
Old 12-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Unregistered User

There are not too many things to choose from when it comes to performance. I suggest header and intake as the very first upgrades. Altho intakes add only 5 WHP, while header adds almost 3 times as much power. Catalytic converter and ECU reflash will be the next things on the list. Then Unorthodox Racing (UR) pulleys. That set is the most complete. As it was mentioned above, exhaust system will barely give u any gain, and that gain is only at the red line
Old 12-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Resident Metal Head

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heeltoeauto is a great place to start as stated above, and Marcus is an awesome guy to deal with. Another vote for intake, header and highflow cat
Old 12-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 2007CGPTSX
These mods should help get some more power.
1. Comptech Header
2. Random Technologies High Flow Catalytic Converter or a Test Pipe
3. Injen Cold Air intake... really any cold air intake will do i prefer the look and sound of the injen
4. p2R throttle body spacer.
5. Cat Back exhaust will give you a nice tone but dont expect any increase in power. the stock tsx exhaust gets the job done there are hundreds of forums on all these items.

You might want to check the black market for some used parts as well there is some good stuff there too. I actually have the Random Technologies high flow cat and injen cold air intake up for sale as well.
Good list, don't forget the Hondata intake runner gasket to help reduce intake temp. It's cheap and little bit of a PITA to install but its worth it.