F#%king pissed off !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 02:39 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
F#%king pissed off !!!!!

today i called the dealer i bought my car from to ask there pricing on a oem under rear spoiler and sideskirts. the parts manager offered me list price i was like whaaaa... so i tell him that list price is the price acura thinks they should sell for and that they get it for a lot less and he was like yeah. so then i let him know that delray acura sells each piece for 100 dollars less than them and he's like "we are not trying to compete with other dealers, they are giving them away, i'm not giving it away i'm here to make my boss money" with attitude and all. so i tell him "thats all you peaple care about" and he was like "no......." . he couldnt even say anything, (at this point i just wanted to tell him to go suck his bosses dick) the fucking prick. then i let him know that i bought my car there and i do all of my services there and that if they didnt want to give me a decent price i would discontinue to do so. so he tells me hell give me 10% off.

at miami acura they want 810. - 10% = 729. + 0.07%tax = 780.

at delray acura they want 647. + shipping 38. + 0.07% tax = 732.

at delray i asked if i could pick it up so i dont have to pay shipping but they said even if i picked it up i would still have to pay for shipping? wtf im gonna end up paying almost the same

i guess im gonna go with delray since they didnt give me attitude and im gonna have to switch dealers after this incident....
Old 02-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You sound like a very eloquent, soft-spoken, and reasonable person.

i can't imagine why they wouldn't want to do business with you.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:43 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by defjukie
You sound like a very eloquent, soft-spoken, and reasonable person.

i can't imagine why they wouldn't want to do business with you.
i was being nice until he tried to make me feel like an ass for asking a better price..
Old 02-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX420J
i was being nice until he tried to make me feel like an ass for asking a better price..
Two things

1. I give you props for not taking the price they handed you. Always better to ask and try to get a better price.
2. Just as you want a better price, the dealer wants more profit. Accessories are a big money maker for them with respect to the fact that they really don't carry inventory of that stuff unless a customer asks for it to be installed.

Classic business case. Either way, for the attempt.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

at delray i asked if i could pick it up so i dont have to pay shipping but they said even if i picked it up i would still have to pay for shipping? wtf im gonna end up paying almost the same
geesh no wonder people down there do this. Probly the blistering weather

What was Delray's explanation for that bullshit about "shipping charge for local pickup" ?
Old 02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just order the kit from the groupbuy we have on the board.

...So you only wanted the rear and side skirts?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:01 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by Tsx536
I would just order the kit from the groupbuy we have on the board.

...So you only wanted the rear and side skirts?
yeah, im gonna put on a mugen front lip.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by huckleberry
geesh no wonder people down there do this. Probly the blistering weather

What was Delray's explanation for that bullshit about "shipping charge for local pickup" ?
the guy didnt say actually get to the point. he sounded like he was in a hurry and wanted to get off the phone after 4 questions..
Old 02-24-2006, 06:37 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by moda_way
Two things

1. I give you props for not taking the price they handed you. Always better to ask and try to get a better price.
2. Just as you want a better price, the dealer wants more profit. Accessories are a big money maker for them with respect to the fact that they really don't carry inventory of that stuff unless a customer asks for it to be installed.

thanks

and i understand what you mean on #2 very good point
Old 02-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Got Phó?

man, i got quoted for 580 for rear and sides. But thats Hondaacuraworld tho.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:57 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
man, i got quoted for 580 for rear and sides. But thats Hondaacuraworld tho.
damn thats awesome.. how much for shipping and can you send me a link to that site?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn thats awesome.. how much for shipping and can you send me a link to that site?
They are a forum vendor here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/tsx-oem-body-kit-group-buy-anyone-332634/

Just send them a PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Advanced.

Originally Posted by moda_way
Two things

One of the reasons I lurk around here. Great perspective!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:11 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by Tsx536
They are a forum vendor here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332634

Just send them a PM.
thanks man

i just ordered the rear and front from the group buy today and got a sick deal..
$572.57 for parts and shipping. cant wait till the come in. and cant wait till next week to order the mugen front lip.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
today i called the dealer i bought my car from to ask there pricing on a oem under rear spoiler and sideskirts. the parts manager offered me list price i was like whaaaa... so i tell him that list price is the price acura thinks they should sell for and that they get it for a lot less and he was like yeah. so then i let him know that delray acura sells each piece for 100 dollars less than them and he's like "we are not trying to compete with other dealers, they are giving them away, i'm not giving it away i'm here to make my boss money" with attitude and all. so i tell him "thats all you peaple care about" and he was like "no......." . he couldnt even say anything, (at this point i just wanted to tell him to go suck his bosses dick) the fucking prick. then i let him know that i bought my car there and i do all of my services there and that if they didnt want to give me a decent price i would discontinue to do so. so he tells me hell give me 10% off.

at miami acura they want 810. - 10% = 729. + 0.07%tax = 780.

at delray acura they want 647. + shipping 38. + 0.07% tax = 732.

i guess im gonna go with delray since they didnt give me attitude and im gonna have to switch dealers after this incident....

When I worked at the dealer I really could give a shit about what everyone else sold the parts for. We marked up what we marked up, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. But it is not necessary to bash or flame the guy just because he was firm with his price. Because even though you know of a better price, 5 other people behind you either don't know or don't care and will pay whatever he says. Your better prices are on the net, where parts are whored all the time. You can't always expect a store to match a net price. They are there to make MONEY, not friends.

Kudos for you for getting a better deal. But blah on you for being a demanding pita.

Of couse, I have different pricing attitude since I am running my own parts business here. I give deals all the time, free shipping, and other discounts. But I still think it is a little forward, presumtuous, and straight up disrespectful to be talking like this. It makes you sound like a cheapskate with a $28,000 car. I really don't like it when people do that, you would not either if you were selling parts.

Marcus
Old 02-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Instructor

classic SoFla customer service case...your kinda wrong for bitching about the price they chose to sell it for...its kinda take it or leave it since its not the onnly place you can find the part...now the attitude and all that bullshit isn't and i agree with you 110%
Old 02-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by r33p04s
classic SoFla customer service case...your kinda wrong for bitching about the price they chose to sell it for...its kinda take it or leave it since its not the onnly place you can find the part...now the attitude and all that bullshit isn't and i agree with you 110%

Yeah, the attitude is straight up wrong, but that comes from working in the auto industry. If you ever spent time working at a dealer, you will know that the parts guys are generally the biggest jerks in the place.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:43 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
When I worked at the dealer I really could give a shit about what everyone else sold the parts for. We marked up what we marked up, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. But it is not necessary to bash or flame the guy just because he was firm with his price. Because even though you know of a better price, 5 other people behind you either don't know or don't care and will pay whatever he says. Your better prices are on the net, where parts are whored all the time. You can't always expect a store to match a net price. They are there to make MONEY, not friends.

Kudos for you for getting a better deal. But blah on you for being a demanding pita.

Of couse, I have different pricing attitude since I am running my own parts business here. I give deals all the time, free shipping, and other discounts. But I still think it is a little forward, presumtuous, and straight up disrespectful to be talking like this. It makes you sound like a cheapskate with a $28,000 car. I really don't like it when people do that, you would not either if you were selling parts.

Marcus

i guess your right.. i wasnt rude to the guy though. i never disrespected him and i even thanked him for giving me a 10% discount. i know bashing him is wrong but
if i would have been dumb, i would have gotten ripped off. now i have money left over to help pay for the mugen grille. i probably sound like a cheap skate but " i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to gieko" j/k.. but for real i hate when i find out someone got a way better deal then me b/c it makes me feel like a dumb ass..
Old 02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Racer

Yeah, the attitude is straight up wrong, but that comes from working in the auto industry. If you ever spent time working at a dealer, you will know that the parts guys are generally the biggest jerks in the place.
i'm the parts manager at a mitsubishi dealership and you pretty much have to be an asshole or people will try to take advantage of you. Also the sales and service depts don't make it easy on us to be nice.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by r33p04s
thanks .. yeah, i really didnt bitch i just let him know the other prices offered to me to see if he'll come close to those but he got offended by my jedi mind tricks and started to be an hard ass about it...
Old 02-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Cruisin'

South Fla Dealers are all over priced for everything..... You need to go in there nowing invoice pricing and the price your willing to pay. I got my TSX at RickCase... and I said out right give me your best price.. No B.S. then give me 1500 below that.. They try to markup everything.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:22 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by bigjosh44
South Fla Dealers are all over priced for everything..... You need to go in there nowing invoice pricing and the price your willing to pay. I got my TSX at RickCase... and I said out right give me your best price.. No B.S. then give me 1500 below that.. They try to markup everything.
yeah its like everywhere i go the try to bump the price up because i drive a acura
one time i went to get a patch in a tire that got a nail in it and the guy ask's "what kind of car do you drive?" and then he gives me a price...thats just the way it is in south fla. also a lot of people are like con artist out here...
Old 02-27-2006, 01:57 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
south fla dealers are a buncha pricks.... ed morse, rick case... all fucking cunt rags.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:58 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoeC1982
i'm the parts manager at a mitsubishi dealership and you pretty much have to be an asshole or people will try to take advantage of you. Also the sales and service depts don't make it easy on us to be nice.

no one buys mitsubishi's anyway.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
south fla dealers are a buncha pricks.... ed morse, rick case... all fucking cunt rags.
haha...

you think these dealerships collude with each other to jack up the prices?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
haha...

you think these dealerships collude with each other to jack up the prices?

No, the factory sets a retail price, which pretty much everyone follows. But based on A) Customer, B) Location, C) Vehicle type, etc, the dealers can raise the price as much as they want.

One of the places I used to work at, we marked up prices anywhere from 10-25% above the factory retail price. And people bought parts all day long. You have to do that to make money. That is the whole point.

It is all the people on the internet who lower prices left and right that messes up the car part economy. Sure, you guys think it is great when prices drop, but in the end, anyone who wants to offer decent service gets put out of business and all you have left are the parts whoring sharks. And then you come on the boards and complain about how some guy ripped you off.

I am not speaking to anyone in particular, or really anyone on these boards. I do see this all the time though. The point is, don't think that just because prices are higher here or there that those people are trying to jack you.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

No, the factory sets a retail price, which pretty much everyone follows. But based on A) Customer, B) Location, C) Vehicle type, etc, the dealers can raise the price as much as they want.

One of the places I used to work at, we marked up prices anywhere from 10-25% above the factory retail price. And people bought parts all day long. You have to do that to make money. That is the whole point.

It is all the people on the internet who lower prices left and right that messes up the car part economy. Sure, you guys think it is great when prices drop, but in the end, anyone who wants to offer decent service gets put out of business and all you have left are the parts whoring shraks. And then you come on the boards and complain about how some guy ripped you off.

I am not speaking to anyone in particular, or really anyone on these boards. I do see this all the time though. The point is, don't think that just because prices are higher here or there that those people are trying to jack you.

Oh, and don't even get me strated on how much group buys fuck everything up. Group Buys are the devil.