AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX Performance Parts & Modifications (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-126/)
-   -   Exhaust Tips (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-126/exhaust-tips-663629/)

acura_integra 01-13-2006 09:00 AM

Exhaust Tips

Anyone replace the tips?

GIBSON6594 01-13-2006 09:02 AM

With what? different tips? new stock ones?

moda_way 01-13-2006 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by acura_integra
Anyone replace the tips?

I tried taking mine off for someone and broke the bolts on both. PITA

I've had the Comptech for a while and those tips obviously don't come off.

acura_integra 01-13-2006 09:26 AM

Aftermarket tips

dzuy 01-13-2006 09:28 AM

i doubt it, the majority of the people on this forum just change their whole catback exhuast system

but if you want to be mildly cool, you should ask for tips off someone who bought the oem body kit, the tips are bigger and shinier, no joke

i didn't know that until i installed my oem kit and it came with new tips.

:troutslap

Beoshingus 01-13-2006 10:31 AM

I'll give an exhaust tip: don't mess with the tips.

leftride 01-13-2006 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Beoshingus

yeah taking them off is a PITA, broke a bolt too.

gsclifton 01-13-2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dzuy
until i installed my oem kit and it came with new tips

Man I could not give my tips away from the OEM kit. I already had the Comptech exhuast.

Someone bought them on eBay for $1.00 plus whatever I charged for shipping. After eBay and PayPal fees, I think I made less than $1.00 on the sale.

:tomato:

Originally Posted by acura_integra
Anyone replace the tips?

If you do not go aftermarket exhaust, I would just keep the stock tips. The OEM exhaust does not look bad at all IMO.

moda_way 01-13-2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Beoshingus

Good one!!! :thumbsup:

xizor 01-15-2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by gsclifton
Man I could not give my tips away from the OEM kit. I already had the Comptech exhuast.

Someone bought them on eBay for $1.00 plus whatever I charged for shipping. After eBay and PayPal fees, I think I made less than $1.00 on the sale.

wow, poor salesmenship, I sold my original stock tips to an accord owner for $20, I'm selling my OEM kit tips for $40 and expect to make that, 7th gen accord owners love the TSX tips.

I'm selling mine because I replaced mine with MY04 S2000 (AP2) tips. Ricer I know, but one of the Japanese members posted a pic w/ his Euro-R and it looked fantastic so I had to try it. Found a set for cheap (they're $60/each new) and put them on.

They look very pronounced, and fit the OEM kit very well. They're huge compared to the OEM kit ones, but fit the look of my car. I couldn't justify getting an exhaust for the $$, so tips were good enough for now. Until the Tanabe is available maybe, my wife veto'd the Greddy saying the tips were too huge.

I'll post pics whenever I can get my hands on a camera... my wife lost ours on our christmas vacation :ugh: Right now the left muffler fits perfectly, but the right is slightly off center, when it gets over 50F here I'm going to try and adjust the hanger to straighten it out

gavinn58 01-16-2006 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by xizor
wow, poor salesmenship, I sold my original stock tips to an accord owner for $20, I'm selling my OEM kit tips for $40 and expect to make that, 7th gen accord owners love the TSX tips.

I'm selling mine because I replaced mine with MY04 S2000 (AP2) tips. Ricer I know, but one of the Japanese members posted a pic w/ his Euro-R and it looked fantastic so I had to try it. Found a set for cheap (they're $60/each new) and put them on.

They look very pronounced, and fit the OEM kit very well. They're huge compared to the OEM kit ones, but fit the look of my car. I couldn't justify getting an exhaust for the $$, so tips were good enough for now. Until the Tanabe is available maybe, my wife veto'd the Greddy saying the tips were too huge.

I'll post pics whenever I can get my hands on a camera... my wife lost ours on our christmas vacation :ugh: Right now the left muffler fits perfectly, but the right is slightly off center, when it gets over 50F here I'm going to try and adjust the hanger to straighten it out

I was planning on doing the same, but the cheapest I can find it is $50/tip! Honestly though the s2k tips look fantastic.

Benz_05_TSX 01-17-2006 04:59 PM

i know a guy who replaced his tips with titanium look-a-like.....

one of it got stolen and when he went to a big car meet..... EVERYONE was just laughing at him...so what's the lesson?? DOn't replace it with cheap look-a-like aftermarket tips and act like a ricer~

MTLer 05-07-2006 08:21 PM

I know this thread is old, but I am having a freaking hard time taking those freaking bolts off the orginal tips (installed the oem kit) so i can install the new exhaust tips. Now the bolts are kinda stripped, what do you guys recommend? when i think i have some sort of torque, boom it slips and i ge no where... UGH!