Euro-R Headlight Set INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro-R Headlight Set INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

i have a 2004 tsx that i want to put these lights in
http://www.polepositionproducts.com/...-headlight.jpg
i have the lights in my hand but now that i look at it i am not sure how the old ones come out to put these new ones in. Has anyone done this before? Does the bumper have to be removed to gain access to remove what ever holds the lights in? What holds these lights in and how many things are there? what i am looking for is some instructions and pics if some one can.
any help will be much appreciated and i will take step by step pics to put up when i am through if i can ever figure out how to do it
thanks matt
Old 09-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Euro-R Headlight Set INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Originally posted by mlazzaro
i have a 2004 tsx that i want to put these lights in
http://www.polepositionproducts.com/...-headlight.jpg
i have the lights in my hand but now that i look at it i am not sure how the old ones come out to put these new ones in. Has anyone done this before? Does the bumper have to be removed to gain access to remove what ever holds the lights in? What holds these lights in and how many things are there? what i am looking for is some instructions and pics if some one can.
any help will be much appreciated and i will take step by step pics to put up when i am through if i can ever figure out how to do it
thanks matt
I can help as soon as I get home from work @ 5pm EST. What was your final cost to get the lights.

Also, I can say, with pretty good estimation, that you will need to remove the bumper. Click on my sig link and see for yourself.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Banned

thanks moda_way,
any help you could throw my way would make me very happy
the lights came from http://www.polepositionproducts.com/jdmhonda/cl7.htm and the total cost with shipping came to 600.
also if it turns out you tell me that i do have to take the bumper off should i remove the resonator or change anything else while i am down there because i never want to have to take it off again. also how much of a difference does it make when u remove the resonator. is it much louder and more hp?
thanks matt
Old 09-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Instructor

600 isn't bad. now i'm tempted to order them now the only price i ever saw was from boom plus and i think they wanted over 400$ per unit...., 600 is still a lot but i think they will look really good on the tsx. could you post some pic's when you're done? i'd love to see them installed
Old 09-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Blueberry

I think this site should help you change them out (even though it's not specifically for it, I think it should give you an idea):
http://www.newtiburon.com/DIY/clearc...earCorners.htm
Old 09-04-2003, 05:55 AM
Suzuka Master

mlazzaro.. haven't forgetten about you... just been very busy with work this week. How detailed do you want the instructions to remove the headlights? I can tell you step by step (yes, removing the bumper) or just give you the summary.

As to taking off the resonator, that's completely up to you. I like it still. If you have any worries about getting moisture in there, fear not. Southern Ohio just got hit with a bunch of rain over the last few days. I had to drive through what could only be described as a mini-lake. NO PROBLEMS with the intake, so there's a test for ya. Seriously, I had to drive through water up to the frame.

Let me know what you want from me on the directions as for details.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:30 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

FWIW, hondacuraworld.com has instructions for installing various components. They don't have a document for the headlights, but the one for fog lights might be helpful.

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...tructions/tsx/
Old 09-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Banned

I do not know if anyone has done this before but I planed to do the job right in front of a wall. I was going to draw with chalk on the wall the pattern of the light. Then put in the new ones. After they are in align the light to fall in the area of the chalk pattern. Do not know if this will work but it is the best idea I could come up with.

thanks for all the help everyone the foglight pdf gave me all the info to take the bumper off and i think i will be able to figure out the rest.

i will reward all of you with lots of picks in the next week or so
Old 09-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Banned

the lighs are in and look sick here are lots of pics

http://web.njit.edu/~mxl4729/other/tsx/index.htm

let me know what u people think
Old 09-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey, did you forget to mention you painted the calipers???

Also, did you go ahead and remove your resonator too?

Love the pics.. reminds me of when I did the foglight install myself. Great job and great looks. Can you also post some pics with the lights turned on?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Blueberry

That looks good, it's just to bad you can't get them w/out the amber circle that is still in the light between the low and high beams
If I were to get them, I would want no amber left at all