Enthusiast VS. Wife

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Enthusiast VS. Wife

Hey eveyone, this is my first forum, so go easy on me. I just bought an 05 TSX 6MT w/ navi in Carbon grey for my wife and now I can't wait to dive in, but I'm getting alot of resistance from my other half. I've customized alot of chevy's but this my first go at an import. I want more performance than sound, so I'm trying to find an exhaust that has a nice low tone. I also can't decide whether to do lowering springs or coil-overs. Can you run a rear sway with aftermarket exhaust? Does a front strut bar really make a difference? I also saw the Skunk2 TSX in SCC and it stated that for 'Body Mods', it was sporting a "knock off Kenstyle kit, does anyone know where to get that as I'm sure everybody knows how expensive the real deal is. Last question: Where do you buy the darker headlight assembly with H.I.D's and when are they coming out with Taillight replacements? I know that was alot of stuff, and I'll check around the forum here to answer some of my own questions, but I would really appreciate any responses. Thanks guys!
Old 06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are a few answers: I just installed a Greddy EVO2 cat-back and it sounds

beautiful! I love the look and sound, I would suggest an OEM Body Kit (unless you

want the side of the canisters to show). To answer your suspension question: I

would go with coilovers and wouldn't bother with the spring & shock combo, the drop

will greatly reduce the wheel gap on your ride... also the rear sway bar has been put

on many cars on this forum and Dan Martin swears by it (99% understeer reduction).

That should help, but for more info use the "search" feature on the forum>>>

WELCOME!
Old 06-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I were to get an exhaust, it would be Comptech's
Old 06-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CostamesaTSX
I also saw the Skunk2 TSX in SCC and it stated that for 'Body Mods', it was sporting a "knock off Kenstyle kit, does anyone know where to get that as I'm sure everybody knows how expensive the real deal is. Last question: Where do you buy the darker headlight assembly with H.I.D's and when are they coming out with Taillight replacements? I know that was alot of stuff, and I'll check around the forum here to answer some of my own questions, but I would really appreciate any responses. Thanks guys!
you can buy the knockoff on ebay or some disruptable sites. I wouldn't suggest buying that though, as even SCC said it themselves they weren't happy w/ the quality of the fake kit and it had to be worked on to make it fit.

there is no darker headlight assembly and no ricer/replacement tails are available.