Eibach Pro Kit ... Be honest now!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004 | 05:29 AM
Cruisin'

Eibach Pro Kit ... Be honest now!!

Hey ya'll!!

I've had enough of looking at other people's lowered rides and I want one of my own!!

Mine is PWP, oem kit (no spoiler), 18X7.5 with 225/40/ZR18 rubber. I know the wheel offsets make a diff but can't recall off hand what mine are...

Really need to lower my ride but don't want to have slow down and go over bumps at an angle have to kick passengers out to go through a driveway and shit like that (been there, done that and NOT GOING BACK!!)

Anywayzz.... more to the point... can anyone with previous relevant experiences tell me how much of a headache I'm gonna have if I throw on that Eibach Pro Kit?? Especially if there are 2 or 3 people sitting in the back and i have to go over bumbs and up ramps and stuff like that?? How about the clearance up front? I notice that our front bumpers stick out quite far past the front wheels especially with that OEM lip on. Is that going to become an issue with the pro kit?? the lowered look is great but if i'm gonna end up damaging my car/rubber doing it i'm thinking it may not be worth it...

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I put my car before my pride know what i'm sayin' ???

What do you guys think??
Old 06-23-2004 | 06:46 AM
Race Director

Use the search button.
Welcome to the site.
If you're worried about clearance why would you even consider lowering the car?
Old 06-23-2004 | 07:39 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

oh goodness. i have 19 x 8 with eibach pro kit and even with 5 people in my car, i still have not even rubbed, muched less scraped the bottom. and i have the oem kit. and i used to have 18 x 7.5 and it didn't rub.

pro kit isn't that low dude. i think it's fine tho, i don't want to go any lower.

call racing zone in orlando and ask for brian, that's where i get my stuff from, tell him zee sent you
Old 06-23-2004 | 10:35 AM
Instructor

Pro Kits are only going to lower your car about an inch, maybe an 1.25" in the front. They're perfect for eliminating the fenderwell/wheel gap. Eibach Sportlines are quite a bit lower...not as good for the street.
Old 06-23-2004 | 10:53 AM
Drifting

with a prokit, i doubt you'll have to worry about that. the sportline will add a little more drop. in my opinion, if you know you'll be seeing some steep driveways, the prokit is probably the way to go. for any regular driving though, i don't think you have to worry as long as you're not going too fast over bumps or driveways. also, i'm not sure how many miles your car's got, but you may want to consider adding some slightly stiffer shocks as well if you're still worried.

here's one forum link for ya:
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5316

i'll be doing mine soon too so let us know how it turns out if you get it done.

good luck with the lowering.
Old 06-23-2004 | 05:07 PM
Advanced

if you don't have a front lip, you should be fine, my wife's TSX is stock ht., but it has a front lip and it already got scraped twice on a steep driveway
Old 06-23-2004 | 06:33 PM
Drifting

You might get some more answers in the Performance forum, so I'm moving this thread there. thanks!