Cl9 needs help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006 | 11:54 AM
10th Gear

Cl9 needs help...

Hi my name is omer and i am new to this thread....i have a 2004 honda accord Cl9 2.4 litre automatic which is equivalent to the acura TSX K24 which u guys drive in north america region....as my car is japanese so i think it holds up to 196bhp stock....now pls i seriously need help from u guys....i have been surfing on this board for about 1 month now....and finally got the time and chance to post my own thread and querry....pls pls pls pls pls guys i need more power, more response on the pedal......Now there is only one problem....i cant put things like turbo or nos to my car...cuz i would wana sell it after a while...just want some minor changes which might gimme a good feeling and a bit of increase in the HP....i hope u guys understand what i mean....
Well this is what i was thinking pls if u could just take a look and give me ur honest opinions i would really appreciate it.....
1) Mugen High Performance Air Intake System-carbon fiber
OR
Cold air intake.....now im confuseddd in CAI aswell (AEM, K&N or INJEN)...mind u we have bad weather usually and i might need somethin with a drycharger or what ever its called....and i heard u have to drill thru the bumper?? to install the CAI...n e wyas pls help me out here and yesssssss money is not an issue....just need ur guidance...pls
2) Spark plugs iridium...now guys does they really make any change or differnece in the HP....if yes than which brand DENSO or HKS or ???????
3) CAT-BACK EXHAUST.....now im confused in CBE's...do they really make any difference to the car or just the bloddy noise....if yes than pls which one....i heard greddy's are good but they are very noisy....u c i want something which is super quite...LOL i know im demanding too much ....its just that we have regulations against noisy cars....how about comptech exhausts....i heard they arnt noisy....pls guys help me out in this department aswell....cheers.
4) Headers....lol im really blank in this department...what exactly do they do....how many type and which brands are good....got no freakin idea LOL....some 1 told me if u change ur cat-back u should change this aswell and there are diff grades aswell...pls help me out.....is it necessary...or just .....
5) Fly wheels again got no clue....i think it helps rev up faster than originals...as they are lighter.....now the thing is i do need somethin which responds to me kwick from 0-60 mph and from 3000 rpm till 8000rpm.....cuz thats where my car lacks power at times....in shorter gear ....sometimes it takes time to rev up the rpm fast.....and in heavy traffic we need that kinda power....do u think it will help....??
6) Hondata Heatshield Intake Manifold Gaskets ???? LOL i heard its a cheap upgrade and it realy helps when ur car lacks HP....
7) Engine oil ....now i use a mobil1...full synthetic and its not bad....sounds really good aswell....but some one told me AMSOIL is much better or if u guys know anythin better....even if its expensive pls leme know....cheers
8) Strut Bars and Sway bars....now as far as i know LOL...hhehe its for ur suspensions....is it important cuz i have seen alot of souped cars with them....if yes than which brands pls....cheers
9) Now some one told me that i can also have a euroR cat converter.... i think dat would really help in increase of HP .....NO ??
10) Spoon 4 Pot Mono-Block Caliber lol i just ordered these will be arriving soon....so need to waste ur energy on this one....i know they are goood....

PLs dudes i know i would taking alot of ur time....but pls help me out here....i would really appreciate ur efforts....cheers.
Old 02-09-2006 | 11:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

jliukja, try not to lock this one.

And moved to P&P.
Old 02-09-2006 | 12:13 PM
Banned

wow didn't even imagine Accord and all those mod options were available in your country.
Not trying to imply anything, just my ignorance.
Old 02-09-2006 | 12:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by huckleberry
wow didn't even imagine Accord and all those mod options were available in your country.
Not trying to imply anything, just my ignorance.

Well i can undersatnd....and no most of them arnt available in our country...we import them direct from japan, USA or U.A.E....as i have family both in japan and in U.A.E....so it would be easier for me to get it...and besides we have certified companies here which soup up ur car....and they have Import Permits for every single brands....we do go by the book u know....and just for the info mate....im not the only one with accord...we have all sorts of european and japanese cars here....from accord to porsche's u name it we have it...slow transformation.....u should visit some day.....
Old 02-09-2006 | 02:38 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dom

And moved to P&P.

I only lock CL7 threads.
Old 02-09-2006 | 02:39 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by dom

And moved to P&P.
Old 02-09-2006 | 02:56 PM
Team Owner

1. A cold air intake will help HP a bit and will give you better throttle response. I have the Comptech Icebox. You do not need to "drill through the bumper". You do need to remove the resonator but its possible to access that through the wheel well.

2. I believe our TSX comes with iridium plugs. Your Accord doesn't? Don't know much about which brand would be better.

3. Don't know much about which exhaust is better/quieter. Aftermarket exhaust allows for a better breathing engine (lower back pressure) which will give you some added performance.

4. A header channels the exhaust gasses to the exhaust. Aftermarket headers are designed for the gasses to have smoother flow away from the engine. The less the engine has to work to push the exhaust gasses out, the better it performs. DC and Comptech are your choices here (AFAIK). DC is less expensive but has had reliability issues that may, or may not, have been fixed. Comptech is stainless steel, more expensive, but have heard of no problems with these. They both give you about the same performace increase.

5. Don't know much about this.

6. Search for JTso's posts on this (our local expert)

7. I'm using Mobil1 and I'm happy with it. Search for posts by Michael Wann (our oil guy). I know it has been discussed in the past.

8. I have the Comptech sway bar. I've read that only the Comptech exhaust will fit with the Comptech sway bar. If you plan on using another exhaust upgrade then go with Progress.

9. Don't know much about this.
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:03 PM
10th Gear

Thanx alot jlukja u were a great help...and yes i will look in to all those threads as u mentioned above....i really appreciate ur concern....thankx alot once again
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:07 PM
10th Gear

So lets say i dun change my exhaust...but still i can go for a aftermarket header....lets say a TODA or Comptech as u say....which has no issues....would dat go with my OEM exhaust...?? And yes i could also change my CAT CONVERTER....would dat be of any help?? As im really tryin to avoid an after market exhaust....LOL
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:13 PM
Team Owner

Either Comptech or DC header will fit right in with the OEM exhaust. I would assume that TODA would as well but I don't know for sure.
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:30 PM
10th Gear

Mmm lets assume i go with a comptech header and OEM exhaust, Denso iriduim spark plugs, Mugen air intake system and Hondata Heatshield Intake Manifold Gasket....how much HP gain are we talkin about here....LOL i know i m askin stupid questions and buggin all of u....thanx for puttin up with me.....
Old 02-09-2006 | 04:33 PM
10th Gear

http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nterior7xq.jpg

Interior with full navigation system....unfortunatly everythin is in japanese :@ LOL i hope i could crack this one day...so i can get some use out of it....LOL

http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=engine10pm.png

My engine standard 2.4 litre VTEC....i dun think its any diff than acura K24...haan guy??

http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=front8gw.jpg

Dats the front of my car....original fog lamps installed....and EURO R body kit, EURO R 17" rims on the way with Euro R or mugen front grill....
Old 02-09-2006 | 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

the mods you have decided on are good choices. with the today header it is designed for the cl7 so you need a jdm sized cat. i have a lightweight flywheel and it defintiely made more of a difference then even the mugen exhaust. so if you skip exhaust get a lightweight flywheel instead (should run you the same ammount)
Old 02-09-2006 | 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omicl9
http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nterior7xq.jpg
Interior with full navigation system....
so this is a 100% true JDM CL9 right ?
so the nav system is pretty much 100% useless right ?
cause I guess the software is 100% Japan-only.

Why did you get it then ? just curious.
Old 02-10-2006 | 12:42 AM
10th Gear

LOL cuz where i live we can only drive right hand cars....and japan, Uk are 2 countries from where we can import them.....Euro R comes from UK.....but is a really hard to find these days.....i got a good price on this CL9 from japan....as this was the fully loaded and luxery version....thats why i went for it.....hope it soothes u down....
Old 02-10-2006 | 12:53 PM
10th Gear

Hey mates tell me somethin....whats the difference between this comptech cold box and cai....does it work along the cai or sepratley and just like a CAI....is it better to have a comptech cold box....will it give me the same power as a cai....or would it be too noisy...pls gimme some pros and cons...cheers.
Old 02-10-2006 | 01:18 PM
Team Owner

CAI replaces all the stock intake tubing and filter box with aftermarket tubing. The Comptech Icebox replaces only the tubing under the filter box and replaces the filter box lid with a higher capacity lid. The Icebox looks closer to stock and is quieter. The CAI (Injen) comes in different polished metal colors and looks more bling bling and is louder. Opinions differ on which one gives you more power and where in the rev range but I think consensus is that the Injen provides you more power than the Icebox (by a couple of HP).
Old 02-10-2006 | 03:27 PM
10th Gear

Mmmm my final verdict would be Comptech header with comptech icebox and a metal HIGH FLOW cat converter....btw how much is the stock?? i reckon 2.5" may be....n e ways with cusco strut bars lower and front and swift sway bar or comptech sway bar.....NGK PLUGS ....i guess dat would be fine for me...as im not lookin for any major massive changes in HP....if im not satisfied i might get a comptech CAT BAC aswll if its not to noisy.....cheers for ur help fellas....safe.
Old 02-10-2006 | 03:47 PM
10th Gear

One last question though....can the light weight FLYWHEEL be used in automatic cars....like mine its a trip.....5 speed automatic 2.4 litre......pls fellas...?
Old 02-11-2006 | 12:13 AM
10th Gear

Old 02-11-2006 | 12:17 AM
Team Owner

Old 02-11-2006 | 12:55 AM
My Garage

Old 02-11-2006 | 02:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by omicl9
Well i can undersatnd....and no most of them arnt available in our country...we import them direct from japan, USA or U.A.E....as i have family both in japan and in U.A.E....so it would be easier for me to get it...and besides we have certified companies here which soup up ur car....and they have Import Permits for every single brands....we do go by the book u know....and just for the info mate....im not the only one with accord...we have all sorts of european and japanese cars here....from accord to porsche's u name it we have it...slow transformation.....u should visit some day.....
Dayum! I'm desi (brown) and I didn't know that! Nice being a CBCD here I guess lol . Anyways, at least I have an excuse to go to Pak/India if those economies outpace US/Canada haha. I mean Western toys (fancy cars, etc), just need safe to drink water and an EPA type enivromental protection system and I can move there.
Old 02-11-2006 | 08:12 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 05v6solara
Dayum! I'm desi (brown) and I didn't know that! Nice being a CBCD here I guess lol . Anyways, at least I have an excuse to go to Pak/India if those economies outpace US/Canada haha. I mean Western toys (fancy cars, etc), just need safe to drink water and an EPA type enivromental protection system and I can move there.
u wont c these cars in india for sure...