Aftermarket JDM OEM Foglights... any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket JDM OEM Foglights... any good?

I've been looking for get some fogs for awhile, but the OEM price is just ridiculous (about $350 without labor). On eBay I found quite a few sets for sale, and this particular auction looked interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

After searching the forums extensively, the most recent posts are from over six months ago, and they describe a fitting problems where only the OEM lights fit correctly. Apparently other sets require the wires to be extended to make everything fit correctly.

The auction listed above is from K2motor, who I saw was mentioned before it several posts, where some people seemed to have success with him. I'm just looking for any advice on this particular auction and on aftermarket fogs in general. I want to do the install myself, but I'm not sure how difficult it is or how it would look in the end (how do I control the fogs after the install)?

K2motor has told me that this set is all plug and play, but I'm skeptical.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
nub
Intermediate

I got my Fogs from K2motor about 2 months ago. If he has the same product, then the switch fits where your moonroof and VSA buttons are, and are linked to the parking lights.

I wouldn't go so far to say it's "plug n play", theres some soldering you have to do, but it's not terribly difficult. The hardest part was feeding the wire through the firewall. I couldn't seem to find another entrance other than the one right behind the Nav. That was a pain and left some scratches on my hand. Other than that, my fogs work fine.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Got Phó?

I was about to order the JDM fogs on ebay, but i just went ahead and bought it somewhere else where i have a little more trust in. Sure i will be paying a little more, but i heard some scary stories on ebay.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nub
I got my Fogs from K2motor about 2 months ago. If he has the same product, then the switch fits where your moonroof and VSA buttons are, and are linked to the parking lights.

I wouldn't go so far to say it's "plug n play", theres some soldering you have to do, but it's not terribly difficult. The hardest part was feeding the wire through the firewall. I couldn't seem to find another entrance other than the one right behind the Nav. That was a pain and left some scratches on my hand. Other than that, my fogs work fine.
Did you get instructions from K2motor? Were they any good?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:17 AM
BDI aka Booty Man

I was thinkin' of getting the "knockoff" ones with the ION glass from ebay. Does anyone know if it will fit. I don't care for the wiring because I already have all the installed. I just want to replace my damaged housings.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
nub
Intermediate

I think the instructions from K2motor are copies of the OEM installation.