Acura won't install the Comptech SC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura won't install the Comptech SC?

Say it ain't so... the Acura dealership near me in Cincinnati said that they will not install the Comptech Supercharger. Looks like I'm going to have to do it myself or find a authorized comptech installer.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:40 PM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
Say it ain't so... the Acura dealership near me in Cincinnati said that they will not install the Comptech Supercharger. Looks like I'm going to have to do it myself or find a authorized comptech installer.
Good luck. Your best bet is to look on the Comptech website to find a dealer as they will also do the install.

Fortunately in Washington there were two to choose from and I had both bidding down the labor prices to do it. In the end it costed $831 + tax + coolant for the install.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you check Superior in Fairfield?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

to what extent does SC invalidate warranty, if any ?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Instructor

And how about the comptech rear sway bar and the warranty? My dealer said that they will be able to install this when i pick up my 06 in a week or 2. And I haven't heard back from them yet on the warranty for this. I was planning on self installing, but if the price is right, and it can be covered by warranty for an install, may as well have them do it! Anyone else go through this also? I purchased the bar already, I havent heard back from him yet on wether or not the bar I let them use for the install could be considered coverable by their warranty, or might I have to buy 1 of their crappy bars to do this.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huckleberry
to what extent does SC invalidate warranty, if any ?
None of the warranty is "invalidated". Acura and its dealers cannot blanketly invalidate your warranty simply because you've installed an aftermarket part on your car.

However, if you blow up your engine or transmission, and the damage was caused by the installation of the supercharger, they can deny your warranty claim.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:55 PM
JBW

Superior Acura in Cincinnati will install - they are Comptech dealer - Columbia Acura will not
Old 03-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by moda_way
Did you check Superior in Fairfield?
They are my second choice, however honestly.. even though I got my car from there for a great price I had a bad experience servicing my car there.

I got my wiring harness damaged by a "rodent" they said it'll caost $1300 and they'll fix it in two weeks max and offered a loaner. I was gone in NY for two weeks so thought I didn't need one and when I got back home I can pick my car up. As soon as I get back my car is still in the shop and they said it'll be another week. I ask for a loaner and they said "no way, this isn't a warranty fix so no loaner" I mentioned how they offered it before and they said "whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about." One week later my car was STILL in the shop, Finally two weeks later I get a call saying my car is fixed. One top of being fixed it had 30 miles added to the milage which they said they needed for testing and contradictory to me specifically telling them NOT to wash my car for me. My car was washed. I won't do business there again.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
None of the warranty is "invalidated". Acura and its dealers cannot blanketly invalidate your warranty simply because you've installed an aftermarket part on your car.

However, if you blow up your engine or transmission, and the damage was caused by the installation of the supercharger, they can deny your warranty claim.
So regardless of whoever installs it the car is still under warranty? But if a Comptech authorized dealer installs it comptech will cover the SC?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So regardless of whoever installs it the car is still under warranty? But if a Comptech authorized dealer installs it comptech will cover the SC?
I don't know about Comptech's warranty, but with respect to the warranty on your car, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act applies and the dealer cannot simply void your warranty because you have a supercharger installed.

Of course, if the supercharger installation is done improperly and you run your car too lean causing the engine to detonate and malfunction, then they can refuse to cover the engine damage under warranty.

Here's a link that gives an explanation to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act in connection with aftermarket parts/mods:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-2669.html
Old 03-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Advanced

yeah neither of the two dealerships near me will install my SC, so i am doing it myself.