Yet another Icelink Plus Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006 | 11:35 PM
Driven to Perfection

Angry Yet another Icelink Plus Question

OK, just to start, so I don't get for being a I did my research and haven't found my specific question answered.

I have an 04 Navi and just purchased the IceLink Plus and P.I.E. Navi Y harness. Install was very easy, just like everyone has said. I knew about the glitches with poor UI, slow response time, etc and I decided this wouldn't be an issue for me. However, I have two problems that I haven't seen much mention of and wasn't aware would happen and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and whether there is a fix, or if I should try another solution.

1. Volume from the get-go is about 50% compared to CD or Radio. I think this could be my ipod though, so I'll test a few other ipods just in case.

2. Display response is VERY slow on every function now that the Icelink is attached. Basically anything that is displayed on the screen is delayed similar to how changing tracks on the ipod is with steering controls. Any time I use a button on the touch screen, there is a delay before it responds

3. Voice command is non-functional. When I use the steering wheel button, it takes a second to mute the speakers, but I hear NO beep, and then the music comes back on.

These unexpeceted bugs are VERY disappointing. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix? or should I send it back to Enfig and buy another solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 03-24-2006 | 05:42 AM
Moderator Alumnus

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/