THE worst experience at a dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE worst experience at a dealership

So, I was going to be a TSX owner, then I had my experience at Pikes Peak Acura.
I talk to a salesman named Frank, who seemed nice at first. They only had two cars, with one out on a drive and the other which was on the showroom floor,which had way too many factory option (think 29,000 for final MSRP). So I asked him that I didn't want a test drive, but would be satisfied with a quote of some sort for both a lease and buying. So, before he even gives me a quote, he asks me if I want to put down a down payment. I asked him when they would get a gray/auto/no navi in, and he said he had no clue but could get me that car in decent time. So, I asked him again for a rough estimate, and he asks me if I would buy the car off the lot tonight if he could get it in. I asked him a third time what his price was, and he just kept asking if I would buy it today.
And... that's when I decided to walk out and left, when he calls me an "asshole".
So, Pikes Peak Acura, and possibly Acura, has lost one customer here. And the guy's name is Frank for those who need to go to Pikes Peak.

Junkster, who is now considering a Inifiti QX4...
Old 10-04-2003, 10:15 PM
More On

Sorry to hear about it -- unfortunate. Experiences like this seem to be a lot less common with Acura than with most other makes, but it happens.

And I thought everybody in Colorado was cool.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Man... People have been saying lots of bad things about this dealership lately. Maybe they should be avoided altogether.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:34 PM
spc
Instructor

sorry to hear about that.... that is not a pleasant experience! Maybe Pikes Peak Acura is the only dealer close by you, so they become less professional with the high demand vehicle like TSX. Hope you get a new car you like!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Registered AssHat

Damn...that experience sucks. I had two Acura dealer experiences, one good and one bad.

The bad:

I had met the Internet Dealer at the Portland Auto Show. I inquired about the TSX, etc. etc. Okay, relationship made.

FFWD to May. I call in asking to do a test drive, ask more questions etc. Unfortunately, the contact I made was not there. Instead I get double teamed by semi-slimy style guys. Right off the bat they say "$4,000 over MSRP". Yeah...right. They also say that EVERYONE is charging that. I shot back that I have a quote from their in-town competitor for MSRP. They tell me he lied. That's gall.

Then it's the same old runaround. Playing "oh well my manager did this and none of the salespeople agree with him...pity me" routine AND the "if I offer the car at MSRP will you take it tonight!" after I had just told them I would not be making snap decisions.

So I left.

The good:

I talked with the Internet/Fleet manager at Ron Tonkin Acura. A WHOLE different story. If not THAT personal, very professional, did not talk down to me or anything. Reasonable and straight to the point. I was astonished it was so easy. Overall great experiences there.

Although their service department leaves a bit to be desired.

My advice is...if you want the car, e-mail/call around. There will probably be a much better dealer around. There always seems to be the scummy one, then the good one.

Good luck.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:26 PM
such a dirty birdy

Junkster, you should definitely talk to the sales manager or dealer principal about being called "asshole". That is completely unprofessional and (unless you really provoked him...) totally uncalled for. I had a similar experience once, a salesman called me (or my wife, it was hard to tell) "asshole" and told us to "get the f**k out" of his office. So I did. I marched straight into the manager's office and explained what had happened. I got a sincere apology from the manager and the salesman got fired. As the saying goes, don't get mad - get even.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Re: THE worst experience at a dealership

Originally posted by Junkster
So, I was going to be a TSX owner, then I had my experience at Pikes Peak Acura.
I talk to a salesman named Frank, who seemed nice at first. They only had two cars, with one out on a drive and the other which was on the showroom floor,which had way too many factory option (think 29,000 for final MSRP). So I asked him that I didn't want a test drive, but would be satisfied with a quote of some sort for both a lease and buying. So, before he even gives me a quote, he asks me if I want to put down a down payment. I asked him when they would get a gray/auto/no navi in, and he said he had no clue but could get me that car in decent time. So, I asked him again for a rough estimate, and he asks me if I would buy the car off the lot tonight if he could get it in. I asked him a third time what his price was, and he just kept asking if I would buy it today.
And... that's when I decided to walk out and left, when he calls me an "asshole".
So, Pikes Peak Acura, and possibly Acura, has lost one customer here. And the guy's name is Frank for those who need to go to Pikes Peak.

Junkster, who is now considering a Inifiti QX4...

Man that really sucks. When he called u an asshole, you should have returned the favor with a pair of