Will this be my Last Acura

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will this be my Last Acura

Got my TSX for 5 Months.
Generally I am happy with the Navi and the HID that comes with it. But recently, I have notice something that people do not even aware of, and even for me when buying a car.

1) Paint Job http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...d=1#post207555

I got like 5 Paint chips on my TSX in the front, and some brown dirt dot (looks like rust spot) all over the front on the daily route to work( I took the route to work for 4 years, not a new route or new construction area). I am comparing it with my 7 years old CL that I traded in for TSX (also has 5 paint chips, and no hard to clean off dirt spot after 7 years).

2) Ratttle.
Center Console rattle (Fixed after I printed the solution from this formun to the dealership.)
Front Doors rattle (it is getting annoying now, will go to dealership in my 5000 miles service)
I have no rattle on my 7 years old Acura CL

I know that Acura is cheaper compared to similar model with Lexus or Infiniti, but I am start to wondering that Honda is cutting corner to reach the price point.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Quattro in.....

I know it is distressing to have paint chipping in a new car. But I don't think it is only Honda/Acura related.

Here are a couple of links

Infinity thread complaining about paint chips

Lexus thread compaining about paint chips
Old 07-15-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
honda paint has never had a good reputation, the front of my old lude looked like it was pelted with a zillion rocks, that's why i put on a clear bra within a month of getting my ride... www.xpel.com
Old 07-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

get rid of the car then if you hate it so much
Old 07-15-2004, 11:33 AM
TSX JIGALO

Originally Posted by Viking
I know it is distressing to have paint chipping in a new car. But I don't think it is only Honda/Acura related.

Here are a couple of links

Infinity thread complaining about paint chips

Lexus thread compaining about paint chips

Rocks are part of the road...deal with it. I dont care if you drive a Ford Festiva or a pimped up Maybach or Bently. They'll get chipped no matter what. Clear bra or xpels are an expensive solution which most of us cant cash out.

Just learn to keep your distance from them esp. those god damn trucks ARRRRGHHHH
Old 07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just fix the chips with touchup paint and put a clear bra on if you're that worried about it.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Sigh...some people just expect too much nowadays. I understand this, but swearing off brand "X" because of a minor issue seems so dramatic. I remember that every car I've owned or my family had owned since 90 had rattles and paint chips (approx 14 cars in that time frame). The conclusion that I've drawn is that Japanese, European, and American cars all would have rattles and paint chips down the road. Some vehicles experience these issues sooner than others.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JOZMAN
Just learn to keep your distance from them esp. those god damn trucks ARRRRGHHHH

Or drive a truck yourself....
Old 07-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

I'd rather have a chipped up car that runs and handles like a dream than a perfect paint job with a bad ride. But then again, running like a dream with a perfect paint job is ideal, but we can't have everything.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

if you drive on the highway, you're bound to get rock chips unless you clearbra.

so many complaints here, one person complains about dirty wheels too? sheesh - it's just a CAR!

what car wouldn't get a rock chip when you're going 60 mph and a rock hits it?
what wheel won't get dirty from - DRIVING. omg.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dzuy
if you drive on the highway, you're bound to get rock chips unless you clearbra.

so many complaints here, one person complains about dirty wheels too? sheesh - it's just a CAR!

AH... some1 complain wheel get dirty on tsx????? then he should never own an German! German car have crazy amount of brake dust compare to ne other honda! Everytime I get my wheels clean, it will look dirty again after 1 day. And the only way to solve it, is to get a set of japan made brake pad or keep use a worn out brake pad!

I always think you get paint chip or not are by chance and also some how realeted to the aerodynamic. No matter how good your paint, it still got chips. And no doubt, MB & Lexus have very good paint job.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by ianS
AH... some1 complain wheel get dirty on tsx????? then he should never own an German! German car have crazy amount of brake dust compare to ne other honda! Everytime I get my wheels clean, it will look dirty again after 1 day. And the only way to solve it, is to get a set of japan made brake pad or keep use a worn out brake pad!

I always think you get paint chip or not are by chance and also some how realeted to the aerodynamic. No matter how good your paint, it still got chips. And no doubt, MB & Lexus have very good paint job.
thank you! there are intelligent people in this forum!!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ianS

German manufacturers use very soft brake pads...hence the additional brake dust. My old vw gti often made my clean rims appear to have a gun metal finish after a couple days of driving. But one thing for sure is that the ol' GTi's brakes had way more bite than any acuras or hondas that I've driven.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

until the "star trek"-style shield is invented....I wish I could drive around in
the car bubble like this:

Potential tailgaters will probably freak out & stay the hell away
Old 07-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Just dial 1911

I can only guess that the paint bonds differently to the plastic on the bumper then it does on the metal, leaving it susceptible to paint chips. Did the old CL have plastic up front like the TSX?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:42 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
People, if you want to completely prevent paint chips, you should leave your car at home. Don't drive it. If you drive it, expect some paint chips, so live with it. God...can we stop this whinning now???

Old 07-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vwong
People, if you want to completely prevent paint chips, you should leave your car at home. Don't drive it. If you drive it, expect some paint chips, so live with it. God...can we stop this whinning now???
a roommate I had actually was like that....he bought this sexy black Bimmer 3....didn't drive it M-F & only a tiny bit on weekends locally...
kept driving his 10+ yr old ugly crappy Toyota Corolla. Idiot.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robert_tsxgeek
a roommate I had actually was like that....he bought this sexy black Bimmer 3....didn't drive it M-F & only a tiny bit on weekends locally...
kept driving his 10+ yr old ugly crappy Toyota Corolla. Idiot.
That's ironic isn't it? He buys a BMW...the self proclaimed ultimate driving machine...and he rarely drives it.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TSXforme
That's ironic isn't it? He buys a BMW...the self proclaimed ultimate driving machine...and he rarely drives it.
he was scared of electrical failures :o
Old 07-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

agreed. there's nothing worse than guys who whine
Old 07-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by helloha
Got my TSX for 5 Months.
Generally I am happy with the Navi and the HID that comes with it. But recently, I have notice something that people do not even aware of, and even for me when buying a car.

1) Paint Job http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...d=1#post207555

I got like 5 Paint chips on my TSX in the front, and some brown dirt dot (looks like rust spot) all over the front on the daily route to work( I took the route to work for 4 years, not a new route or new construction area). I am comparing it with my 7 years old CL that I traded in for TSX (also has 5 paint chips, and no hard to clean off dirt spot after 7 years).

2) Ratttle.
Center Console rattle (Fixed after I printed the solution from this formun to the dealership.)
Front Doors rattle (it is getting annoying now, will go to dealership in my 5000 miles service)
I have no rattle on my 7 years old Acura CL

I know that Acura is cheaper compared to similar model with Lexus or Infiniti, but I am start to wondering that Honda is cutting corner to reach the price point.

Agree with your problem. I am going to fix the chips with the touch up paint and put the clear bra / film.

I did think about the sell the TSX, but losing about 5K to 8K, I rather live with it.

For rattle, my car have rattle on the door, steeling wheel and sun roof. So.. to solve this problem, get good speakers and turn up the music to cover the it.
My friend brought the car to the dealer to fix the rattle, the result was more rattle after that.

I used to drive Acura legend couple, I have much more fun with that car than the TSX.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:14 PM
10th Gear

I just had a rock hit the windshield of my Dakota and crack it. I guess I will never buy another Dodge again and I plan on starting a thread on the Dakota site about how crummy they make their windows. Wait, does that sound ridiculous or what?
Maybe there's a message there for some people?
You're Welcome!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

i'm really pissed b/c my all white shirt got dirty when i dropped pizza sauce all over myself. i guess all white shirts suck and i'm never buying them again.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

sigh, alas, a anonymous neg rep for this post.

no comment, no sn, just a nice gray box.

what is wrong with this post? sniff sniff, it's just the TRUTH. moron.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
i'm getting the clear bra installed on my tsx today by my acura dealer $400 installed...it has a 3 year warranty on it.is that a good price? i think it's worth it especially on the NHBP. they told me that my paint won't fade underneath the bra even after a few years.
by the way...they gave me a white tsx for a loaner while they do my car...loving that one as well.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by drigo
i'm getting the clear bra installed on my tsx today by my acura dealer $400 installed...it has a 3 year warranty on it.is that a good price? i think it's worth it especially on the NHBP. they told me that my paint won't fade underneath the bra even after a few years.
by the way...they gave me a white tsx for a loaner while they do my car...loving that one as well.
ask dabuda2004 he had it done.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Um..I dunno if you got the memo or not, but grey boxes are neutral = points from Noobs
If it was negative, it'd be a red box...a nice red box..
Old 07-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Banned

i'm really pissed b/c my all white shirt got dirty when i dropped pizza sauce all over myself. i guess all white shirts suck and i'm never buying them again.
I dare you say you'll never have pizza again
Old 07-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
Um..I dunno if you got the memo or not, but grey boxes are neutral = points from Noobs
If it was negative, it'd be a red box...a nice red box..
o. damn noobs! j/k
Old 07-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by robert_tsxgeek
I dare you say you'll never have pizza again
i'm never eating pizza again! so there!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Just dial 1911

Well, I just got one too in this thread for no reason. Why did the showing who was giving you rep go away?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by drigo
the price is ok, i had mine done for $289. it included Bumper, Hood, Fender, and Mirror kit. included a 4 year warranty.

bumper

hood, fender, and mirror

after putting the oem kit on i had a custom bra for the front lip installed with the headlamp/fog kit for additional $250+.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by joerockt
Well, I just got one too in this thread for no reason. Why did the showing who was giving you rep go away?
they took it away so people can give honest neg rep without worryin about getting complained about.

Originally Posted by joerockt
because ppl receiving neg rep threatened the ppl giving them the neg rep
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by dabuda2004
because ppl receiving neg rep threatened the ppl giving them the neg rep
was it really that bad?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

i threaten dabuda ll the time that
Old 07-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

the price is ok, i had mine done for $289. it included Bumper, Hood, Fender, and Mirror kit. included a 4 year warranty.

bumper

hood, fender, and mirror

after putting the oem kit on i had a custom bra for the front lip installed with the headlamp/fog kit for additional $250+.
nice drawing there.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:21 PM

we should sticky this
Old 07-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

we should sticky this
no it's too stupid
Old 07-15-2004, 04:24 PM

dayum, you pig! i'm gonna get a bib for you so u can wear white shirts again

Quick Reply: Will this be my Last Acura