Will it ever happen? Speaking out to you my Russian -or rich- friends.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 465 Likes on 198 Posts
Will it ever happen? Speaking out to you my Russian -or rich- friends.

06-12 RDX SH-AWD COMPLETE drive train in 04-08 Acura TSX or 09-13 since it kinda needs it more?

I've been looking at it closely and despite the transmissions not being interchangeable on the K23a, the swap is still do able with a bit more work and automatic only.

The CL7 Accord across the pond came in a wagon variant under the chassis name of CM2 and CM3 offered with AWD which I believe was the VTM-4 system(?). Anyway, it proves that there is room for the AWD shaft and with the wheel bases to our 1G Acura TSX are similar and suspensions are similar as well makes this swap almost gold. There has been a 09+ TSX/ Accord Euro AWD swap but with a CR-V VTM-4 drive train paired to a K24Z3 turbo I believe. While that's AMAZING and great progress, it's still not SH-AWD...

So is there anyone out there with too much time and money? I would to be that person lol.

-'09+ TSX Sedan or '10+ wagon(to be cooler).
-'06-'12 RDX complete drive train and rear assembly encase need of part. (axles!)
-6speed AT or MT from TL. The K23a uses a V6 RL transmission anyway, right? Why not update to possible 6 MT (TL 6Speed) why your at it all? Or just go all-out custom!
-Hondata Reflash for K23a
-Re-mount inter cooler.
-Possible K24A2 cams swap for VTEC on Intake and Exhaust??? May need to hard wire for the second solenoid.
-Acquire necessary suspension and wheel upgrades.
-Cosmetics with OEM Lips, Spoilers, Wheels --Go for a factory-tuned look!
-Modern LED upgrades where commonly done.

Whats not to like?
It would be a long, time and money consuming build but it would be so worth it. It's like a smack in Honda's face for making it harder for us to do and for abandoning their enthusiasts with serious drivetrains.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:49 AM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Since you have so much money, can I have some? Like that pay it forward movie lol.
Sorry, can't answer your question though :P