Who thinks Crazytree enjoys bitching about his car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who thinks Crazytree enjoys bitching about his car?

All this nut does is complain about his "TSUX" or "Rattlebox"
Dude, we get the picture. Your car sucks.
And despite what YOU think, your opinion is not fact.

I'm sure this will start a small war, but oh well.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:08 AM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If it matters, I love my TSX
Old 03-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Internacene war...never fun.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I guess if you got problems there isn't much else to do except complain about it. Everyone else w/ perfect TSXs are out driving them.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Bound for Europe

UNITED
WE ARE STRONG

WE ARE NUTS

TSX
Old 03-05-2004, 06:26 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shouldn't this be a poll??
Old 03-05-2004, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MY TSX IS TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE
Old 03-05-2004, 08:00 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I really can't blame crazytree for bitching. If my car was as big of a lemon as his, I'd be bitching too.

I just don't like his sometimes insulting ways. If I met him in person I'd have to sick the devil dog on him.

Otherwise he's
Old 03-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Banned

...because we all know that dissent and disagreeing with the majority opinion is such an unhealthy and dangerous thing. fact of the matter is that there are major production and quality problems with the TSX that need to be addressed here and with Honda and brought into the common discussion. For example... how many of you know that there is a RUST PROBLEM that is becoming widespread with the TSX? There I go bitching about the rust on the TSX...

A VOTE AGAINST THE TSX IS A VOTE FOR AL QAEDA. OFF TO GUANTANAMO FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

NOTE: in case you're wondering... this thread is less about my observations that nearly 40% of all TSX's have been in for some type of repair and more about the fact that I've had to put yomama's stupid ass down like a crippled dog on several occasions. I am unable to find the other thread where I unilaterally declared him my prison bitch. Due to his recent behavioral problems I am considering putting him up for sale for the amount of: 3 cartons of Chesterfields, 2 rolls of quarters and a bag of Funions. Please contact me via PM. Serious offers only.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:40 AM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Originally posted by domn
I really can't blame crazytree for bitching. If my car was as big of a lemon as his, I'd be bitching too.

I just don't like his sometimes insulting ways. If I met him in person I'd have to sick the devil dog on him.
I agree with that. The constant complaining is one thing, but if he has a bum car its understandable. The insulting/superior attitude you get when your opinion doesn't match his "fact" is uncalled for. Must be part of the cirriculum.

-r
Old 03-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Banned

You sound like a 12yo girl. Seriously. If people on the internet make you sad then maybe you should install NETNANNY and only browse sites that contain puppies and unicorns.

I'm going to ignore this FANBOY thread because... well I despise FANYBOYS who experience psychological pain when someone tells them they're wrong. Continue the parade of personal attacks... which is fine because unlike the above posters... I can actually deal with people talking about me without having a big cry all over my keyboard.

Since there's no way to win on a "YOU'RE A BIG MEANIE AND YOU MADE ME CRY" thread... I'm out. Have fun... seriously.

yomama

IDX
Old 03-05-2004, 09:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Crazytree
...because we all know that dissent and disagreeing with the majority opinion is such an unhealthy and dangerous thing. fact of the matter is that there are major production and quality problems with the TSX that need to be addressed here and with Honda and brought into the common discussion. For example... how many of you know that there is a RUST PROBLEM that is becoming widespread with the TSX? There I go bitching about the rust on the TSX...

I agree here. I sometimes don't even read threads that are titled with TSX complaints. Its too damn depressing and worrisome thinking that your car could be next.

But, we all took the risk buying a first model year car, we all obviously accepted that risk. Most of us have learned from that mistake and I'm sure it will never happen again.

Having said all of that, what I consider to be serious problems with a car are mechanical failures, such as engine, tranny or some other severe case. Rattles and seat problems to me anyway are nothing and I'll chalk it up to first year production problems. crazytree and others electrical problem falls somewhere in the middle. But if replacing the radio or whatever they're doing permenantly solves that problem then it too can be chalked up to first year production.

If you look at CR, the 03 TL seems to be far more relaible than the 98. Its seems the car got better with age (which is normal) I expect the same of the TSX.

I will admit however, that hearing all these problems and experiencing first hand some of them, has somewhat dampened my HondaFanBoy enthusiam. Especially when my 98 GS-R had not one problem. I will seriously be looking at Toyota or Nissan for my next purchase.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:32 AM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

You sound like a 12yo girl. Seriously. If people on the internet make you sad then maybe you should install NETNANNY and only browse sites that contain puppies and unicorns.

I'm going to ignore this FANBOY thread because... well I despise FANYBOYS who experience psychological pain when someone tells them they're wrong. Continue the parade of personal attacks... which is fine because unlike the above posters... I can actually deal with people talking about me without having a big cry all over my keyboard.

Since there's no way to win on a "YOU'RE A BIG MEANIE AND YOU MADE ME CRY" thread... I'm out. Have fun... seriously.
Seriously dude, get a grip. No one takes anything to heart on this forum, especially your flames. Disucssing the vehicle we bought and its attributes (good or bad) is why we we're here (at least for me), period.

All of us have experienced some of the issues you have with your TSX and as domn mentioned, perhaps we just categorize them differently. Are they annoying? Yes, sometimes. Although for a first year model, its almost expected to have small problems. Anything engine/electrical is obviously a bigger issue that may fall outside the "rattles" and shifting seat, but those are the breaks. We're sorry to hear it, but it doesn't curb the enthusiasm for the one we have. (cry fanboy if you must)

Any disucussion is fine and I really couldn't care less if everyone views my contributions as right or wrong, but I don't expect to be berated everytime my post doesn't live up to `my tsx is a piece of shit too`.

If you think honda needs to seriously look at the build quality, then tell them.

-r
Old 03-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Going back to the rust issue....

I have the first signs of possible rust forming in my trunk but I'm not really getting worked up about it yet. The whole car is made from a galvanized steel that prevents corrosion. The rust that I'm seeing is probably due to thin paint over a spot weld. The material that bubbles up from the welding process may not be protected by the galvanic protection of the rest of the body. The rust can easily be wiped off and if a rust inhibitor is sprayed in the area it will prevent it from recurring. WD40 should work fine. It's not as if the trunk is going to rot out like a muscle car.

Sure nobody want's to see rust on their brand new car but this is yet another thing that is getting blown way out of proportion on this site.

Everyone just take a deep breath............. now exhale........... the TSX still kicks ass!

Oh and Crazytree is crazy.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:08 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I know moe than a few people who have taken their cars to Crown Rust or that type of company yearly and do not have a spec of rust on their cars, which in some cases are now quite old.

If your worried, spend the $100 a year and have it rust proofed. If you bought the dealer installed rust package, make certain you bring the car in every year to have it examined, which by the way is the only way they will honour that lifetime warranty.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:47 AM
You want me to break it?

[B

A VOTE AGAINST THE TSX IS A VOTE FOR AL QAEDA. OFF TO GUANTANAMO FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

I am unable to find the other thread where I unilaterally declared him my prison bitch. Due to his recent behavioral problems I am considering putting him up for sale for the amount of: 3 cartons of Chesterfields, 2 rolls of quarters and a bag of Funions. Please contact me via PM. Serious offers only. [/B]

Would you consider 2 cartons of basic, a 5 pack of swisher sweets, and a ten pack of Dolly Madison oatmeal cream pies?