Where would the TSX fall vs....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where would the TSX fall vs....

The american sports cars such as the mustang, camaro, etc.

I am not a car guy. Got the tsx because of the price and luxury.

In a straight away competition, what cars would the TSX smoke? What cars are they comparable to?

What about the accord v6 vs tsx?

forgive me for being new to the car world, i have driven trucks but because of the gas prices, i had to find something easier to fill.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm glad you bought the tsx for luxury and price and not for speed cause it is not a fast car. The strength of the TSX lie in its handling capabilities.

As far as the camaro and mustang, unless your in a manual tsx againt an auto V6 model of these cars, you really don't have much chance of smoking one. But you could tear one up in the twisties if you can drive it well enough.

The accord V6 will also smoke a TSX.

The upside is the tsx can hang with cars such as the Audi A4 2.0T and the BMW 325i, which are cars that the TSX directly compete against.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Cruisin'

Perfect

Thanks for the great reply. It was just what I was looking for. Great avatar by the way!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:47 PM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

Enjoy the TSX for what it is: a well-balanced car that provides a good helping of luxury, handling, fuel economy, reasonable speed, and a large helping of reliability, for a decent price. If you look at any one category, there are cars that do better than the TSX. If you begin to look at having to equalize across multiple categories, and actually have a budget of sorts ... then the TSX begins to look better and better.

As for "smoking" other cars, the TSX isn't the tool for that. While you can keep up with or even outperform many vehicles, there are simply too many cars that knock the TSX's d__k in the dirt. A quick perusal of R&T or C&D road test summaries would reveal that many cars that beat the TSX in 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. A few tenths of a second faster or slower? Differences in driver and other variables could negate such a disadvantage or advantage, as the case may be.

That being said, there are cars that you could play with without chance of being schooled. These might include certain Mercedes, BMWs, Audis, Lexuses, most "family cars", most SUVs, most trucks, etc. Problem is, you're not going to sneak up on anyone. If you were driving something more mundane, with considerable power or handling prowess lurking unseen, the surprise factor would be a lot higher. Seems to be a lot of people who equate paying high dollar for a car with the car (or SUV) being fast. They tend to believe TV ads. These are the people who get shocked when a "lesser" vehicle makes them look bad. Ubnfortunately, driving an Acura TSX, you join the class of "paid more, but not all that fast".

If you compare the natural competitors of the TSX ("near-luxury cars" such as lower end BMW 3-series, lower end Audis, Volvos, Saabs, Mercedes C230, Infiniti G35, Lexus IS300, perhaps some Subaru Legends), you either can match them, beat them, or have to be satisfied that the other guy paid a lot more to beat you (G35, for instance).

In short, if you wanted to smoke folks, you got the wrong car. But you already knew that. Good luck and have fun.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
great post nagidizy. I can't believe you left out the part about delivering cabbage to the village.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In Australia, the Aus spec TSX gets compared to the 2.3L Mazda6, 2.5L non-turbo Liberty and Holden (Opel) Vectra 2.2L. It's sad really when the TSX is actually a step or 2 above these cars.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronng
In Australia, the Aus spec TSX gets compared to the 2.3L Mazda6, 2.5L non-turbo Liberty and Holden (Opel) Vectra 2.2L. It's sad really when the TSX is actually a step or 2 above these cars.
Is that because the TSX is considered a Honda there too? Or is it actually badged an Acura? If it is, then that's strange.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:50 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
great post nagidizy. I can't believe you left out the part about delivering cabbage to the village.

most normal post i've ever seen from him
Old 08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Plenty of room in the trunk.........
Old 08-23-2005, 11:07 PM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

To the one known far and wide as jlukja (a fine sounding name which would have many villagers wearing their "Hranazki" in honor to such high person), I am saying thank you and telling you the cabbages fit in Camaro and Firebird but the floor rot out too soon to go to market daily.

To GIBSON6594 I am saying what is not normal in "You'll See" is the very normal in Korce and western Bulgaria. You are yet young and shall learn these things as your beard becomes gray like fox and your step becomes leaden, like ... lead.

To LoveMyTSX I am saying is good for you to have the room in trunk, for at my agedness there is too much of the junk in the trunk to carry many cabbages. For my trunk is to carry only insects dressed as small futball players and celebrate the fine victory over neighboring village of idiots. Ha, they smell of carp and vodka.

Oh wait, vodka is good thing. Perlova, I sing your praises.

To lonestarhog I am saying smoke 'em if you got 'em. And, boy howdy, pard.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ so nagidizy, what happened to ur buick still driving?