What did they do to get 15 more hp for the 06

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did they do to get 15 more hp for the 06

What changes did they make to the 06 modles to get 15 more hp. I know it is only stated at 5hp, but with the SAE standards changing,it is more like 15hp. Is it just a computer remap or something more.

I used the search, but didnt find much.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Basically, they increased the airflow into and out of the engine. Larger diameter intake, larger diameter throttle body, larger diameter exhaust, freer flowing cat.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
from Jeff Palmer's review at TOV

Originally Posted by Jeff Palmer
For 2006, modifications to the TSX 2.4 liter DOHC i-VTEC™ engine boost horsepower to 205 hp SAE net (Rev 8/04)*, a five horsepower increase compared to last year, and torque to 164 lb-ft SAE net (Rev 8/04) at 4500 rpm giving the TSX engine overall performance comparable to several competitors with 6-cylinder powerplants. The i-VTEC "intelligent" valve-control system delivers enhanced performance across a broad power band, superior fuel economy and reduced exhaust emissions.

On the intake side of the TSX engine, the diameter of both the throttle body and the intake duct were enlarged to increase induction flow rate from 95 liters per second to 110 liters per second. In addition the diameter and shape of the intake valve were enhanced to help increase intake flow by 16 percent and the high RPM cam profile for the intake cam was modified to provide increased intake valve lift and duration. In addition, a ventilation passage was machined into the engine block to reduce pumping friction by increasing air flow between cylinders.

Exhaust modifications include a larger diameter exhaust pipe and a reduction in silencer and catalyst resistance to increase the exhaust flow rate by nine percent from 115 liters per second to 125 liters per second.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Basically, they increased the airflow into and out of the engine. Larger diameter intake, larger diameter throttle body, larger diameter exhaust, freer flowing cat.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping it would be something simple that changed. Definatly not worth changing things over. I will just have to save for a Hondata flash.