What color did you pick & why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts
What color did you pick & why?

I know this is highly subjective and probably has been hashed around on these boards more than anyone cares to count....BUT, I am new to these boards and was intrested in what colors everyone has picked and why as I am trying to make a color decision.

Personally, I think Black looks the best on the TSX, but I vowed I would NEVER own another black vehicle again, I can feel myself being pulled to the dark side though.

I am really starting to like the PWP, even though I have had several white vehicles. No Offense to anyone, but green, red, glacier & artic blue are out, beautiful colors, just not for me.

So, I guess that leaves me with:
PWP
NBP
CGP
ASM
RBP

We are definetly going with the Ebony interior, so based upon that - HELP!!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I have silver....because I bought certified used and couldn't find a black one in my price range. I love NBP, but I have also grown to love my SSM (now ASM for 2006). As you will find out shortly, there is sort of a "following" for each TSX color.

Let the color wars begin.

Oh, and if I were trading in my '04 for an '06, I'd go RBP all the way. I love that color!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:16 PM
TSX: Boeing Dreamliner!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PWP on black.
I thought the same thing. I would never buy black but I at the end of the day I made black my second choice. Now this is just my opinion, but black with the OEM skirt package looks good but white with the same skirt package looks the best. Since I got the skirts and I always wanted the pearl, I chose the PWP. If you live where there's road salt and crap from winter....be prepared to wash the car often or buy a heck of a good paint sealant which helps keeps the finish cleaner.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Burning Brakes

i have nbp/ebony... the only reason i chose this color was because at that time (05 models) they didnt offer pwp/ebony in the US.

damn i wish i had a pwp/ebony
Old 03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got the CG. Basically... i loved the black. It just looked so smooth, but the dirt showed up so easily. So i figured gray wouldn't show as badly even though it would still show. Plus i think CG looks the best out of all of the TSX colors.

Although... i think the PWP, and even the blue color looks awesome fot the 05 year.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Instructor

RBP ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Thing is though, its almost impossible to find it. Might have to special order it and that could take a few months.

I coulda bought an RBP and had it within a week or 2 from a dealer in a nearby state but it woulda been an AT :ghey:
Old 03-12-2006, 02:42 PM
GlacierBlue4Life

I initially went in dead-set on getting NBP or CG, but as soon as I saw Glacier Blue, I HAD to have it.

I love how it's a light color, easy to maintain, but not overly popular and very SLICK.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Advanced

PWP / Ebony.....

I feel like certain maufacturers have their own colors.
Ferrari, Alfa = Red
Jaguar, Aston, Lotus = British Racing Green
Mercedes = Black etc.

I feel that Honda's color is white. The Type-Rs for the most part are white (and if they arent they should be). Honda F1 cars are white....etc. So I think white with ebony is a no brainer.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
no0bIe

======>I initially went in for a CG and ended up leaving with my ABP.... I absoluetly love her now.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
No-navi, yo

I have CG. At first, I was going to get the Meteor Silver (now Glacier Blue), but the dealers were unable to find one in the combination I want (6MT, no-Navi).

I got CG because I prefer a car of darker color, yet NBP is too much work to maintain -- I live in an apartment and don't have my own garage.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Instructor

ASM.

I am anal-retentive/obsessive-compulsive about appearance and silver is one of the easiest colors to keep clean and looking great. I did look at CGP, but combined with Ebony interior (I knew I wanted the Ebony interior), I felt it was too dark. I live in SoCal and at work I park outside, so summer heat was another factor.

When picking out colors, I saw the GBM with Quartz. Of all the colors, I thought it looked the best (if only because I didn't recall seeing it before). I stayed with ASM because I thought GBM was a little on the feminine side and as mentioned earlier I was sold on the Ebony interior.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I had an 04 in the CGP and that was easily my favorite color. It made the car look stunning under direct sunlight and was just a great color in general. I knew I had to have it when I saw it.

I currently have a NBP which was my second choice of color. It's hard to keep clean, but the shine is really impressive when it is clean. Plus, the car looks very stealthy.

Admittedly, while I find silver cars generally pretty boring, the new ASM is quite impressive and really has a nice sheen to it. I would advocate that one as an option as well.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

I also chose ASM for my 06 TSX. Like was mentioned previously I also felt the CGP with ebony interior made for an all-around too dark car, especially with tinted windows. My previous car was a silver CL and I really wanted to go with another color but in the end the ASM won out. Easy to keep clean and maintain (Zaino). I also had clear 3m bra put on the front before the rocks of SoCal freeways had a chance to attack.
If I had gone with the CGP I would have put on chrome wheels, this combination looks great IMO. However, I didn't like the look of the chrome wheels on the ASM so opted for the regular stock wheels which I think look fine. Just my two cents.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
CGP was my choice, love it. It was my first choice because, well, I liked it, but I had no preference between NBP, ASM, and CGP when it came to getting a deal. If they didn't have CGP, I would have taken NBP or ASM if they it had an ebony interior.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Instructor

ABP/Quartz: Why? Because we really liked the color combo and it was the only 6MT in the region at the time (the only other one a RM, sold earlier in the day). If we actually had a choice of color with 6MT (not counting ordering and waiting for months) we would have picked the ABP/Quartz combination anyway, so we were extemely lucky. To us, the cabin feels a bit more open in Quartz than in the black leather. Don't get me wrong, the black interior looks awesome as well and we wouldn't have minded if we had wound up with black.

If not ABP, we would have gone with GBM with Quartz; the exterior RBP looks great too but no Quartz option.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Everyday Joe

My choice was dicated by the year that I got my TSX ('04) and the fact that I had to have the Ebony interior. It came down to Carbon Grey and SSM. I was about to get the CG but did not like the blueish hue to it. If it had been the Anthracite like on the TL, I would have jumped on it. SSM was the winner by default- my previous car was silver so I was not too keen on getting another but I had to have the Ebony interior.
If I was buying now- I'd look hard at the RWP and the White (since it comes in Ebony now). In fact, I'd probably even consider the Milano Red now....
Old 03-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Instructor

I went CG becuase I liked the dark sleek look. I tinted the windows which completed the look (5% in the back and 50% front).
Old 03-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would have gotten NBP but black is too difficult to keep clean. Next was CGP but everyone has that. Next was SSM (silver) and Im thrilled that I got it.

Only other color I should have considered was PWP but I still love my SSM.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got SSM (now ASM) mainly because it looked the hottest IMO, easiest to keep clean, goes best with the chrome trim, and most of all, matches my 2004 SSM Honda Pilot.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Instructor

If you choose black you'll develope a very good relationship with your wash bucket,wash mitten and hose. Even lint will bug the hell out of you. I'm with you boscenter.....I'm waiting on a Glacier Blue.....6 sp. Dealer says only 3 GBP 6speeds in Ca. Mines on order!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:59 PM
10th Gear

i didn't have a choice! i had to get NBP because it was the only one available, and i didn't want to wait. plus, the NBP was only hours off the delivery truck with one mile on it. everyone is right - it requires so much damn maintenance, but is so beautiful when clean.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

CGP! I had 3 color options in my mind. When I visited the dealer they only had the CGP in 6MT and No Nav. So I got it cause it fit exactly what I was looking for!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Have camera, will travel

SSM because I love it. I've loved silver cars since first seeing it on vintage Porsches years ago. Acuras silver has a nice, bright luster to it.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
NBP because is looks better than any other colour,...period IMO. I dont care if it takes a lot to keep it looking clean. Its all worth it when I look out the window or open the garage door and see the beaut sitting there.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Cruisin'

Well, here's something to ponder...you will spend much more time inside your car than admiring it from the outside. Choose the interior color that you like best and then work on the exterior. My choice was Carbon Gray/Quartz.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed that the interior is most important. I had to have the ebony. From there it was process of elimination. Too many silver/gray cars in my opinion; I personally don't like white cars for any model; I've driven black cars since I was 21 and want something different; that leaves the blues and milano red. For awhile I was loving the RBP (arctic is too blue), but I saw the red and something just clicked. I had to order because it is a 6MT with navi. When it is built and arrives here in the States, it may be the rarest combo on the road.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Senior Moderator

The thread starter already indicated what interior colour they wanted, so why bother mentioning starting with the interior and then worrying about the exterior?????? The whole point of this thread is to pick an EXTERIOR colour.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was planning to get CG or SSM/Ebony but no chance at all for getting ebony at dealership. SSM is nice color but I like the color of CG over SSM. I just got CG with Quartz and love it.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by West6MT
The thread starter already indicated what interior colour they wanted, so why bother mentioning starting with the interior and then worrying about the exterior?????? The whole point of this thread is to pick an EXTERIOR colour.
The thread says "what color did you pick and why". I addressed both of these issues while you addressed zero, finding the need to falsely nitpick someone's comments at 3 am.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

RBP because it's BEAUTIFUL. I like a dark colored car because, despite the fact that it's hard to keep clean, when it IS clean, the depth is amazing. Second choice would have been PWP, then NHB then CG.

There are SOOOOOO many CG and I wanted something a little different. And I didn't want silver because every 3rd car in on the road is silver.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:14 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

i really wanted the nbp at first but fell in love with the cgp when i saw one on the road.

i really like the blueish hue to it. i just wish there weren't so many on the road...
Old 03-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by IlliNorge
The thread says "what color did you pick and why". I addressed both of these issues while you addressed zero, finding the need to falsely nitpick someone's comments at 3 am.
My post was directed at the person that posted before you since it is quite clear the thread starter already has selected an interior colour. Suggesting that the thread started ponder what interior colour they wanted first, then exterior colour after, was pretty much pointless. You just happen to agree with the poster before, and I dont have a problem with that. I was pointing out that it's really useless to suggest interior/exterior selection since interior is already picked. It might have sounded a bit jackass'ish, but I was in a cranky mood and decided to respond anyway. My appologies to Mdrlausd.

As for me addressing none of the issues, try reading two posts above yours. I explained why I chose the colour I did, and seeing as the interior colour is a moot point in this thread I did not bother to talk about why I chose ebony, as I dont think that is an "issue" as you have so described it, at all. In fact, it didnt even cross my mind because it is a non issue. I fail to see how posting at 3am has to do with anything. I may be guilty of nitpicking someone elses (not yours) comments (justifiably in my mind), but you have missed the mark on everything else. I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Stock NBP TSX Driver

nbp
Old 03-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Instructor

1) CGP - I just think it's the best looking color for this car, and most popular For some reason the 06 wheels look better with darker colors. I actually like them now.
2) NBP - Black always looks good; do you wanna wash it every other day though?
3) RBP - Nice color and I haven't seen any others around yet

Can't really go wrong with any color on this car though. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Intermediate

Interesting... 33 replies and no DGP's! That's what I've got coming ANY DAY NOW!!!

(build date was 2/14... and I've got the VIN)

I'm one of "those" who started by picking the interior and then moved to the outside... after all, inside's where I spend most of my time. Love the look of the tan & plood. Wife doesn't like red or blue. I'm not a fan of monochrome (black, white, gray, or silver) cars. That left the green.

At least I know it'll be unique
Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Cruisin'

I have a nbp/ebony. I think the black on black, with tinted windows looks amazing. Takes a little more maintenance, but it's worth it.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaleC
Interesting... 33 replies and no DGP's! That's what I've got coming ANY DAY NOW!!!
When I ordered mine, there were no color samples for the new green and new shade of plood. I saw that exact combo last weekend at the auto show and was impressed. Pictures really don't do it justice.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BulldogHockey
When I ordered mine, there were no color samples for the new green and new shade of plood. I saw that exact combo last weekend at the auto show and was impressed. Pictures really don't do it justice.
Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person myself... and will post some pics once it arrives.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Racer

Had a black '04 6MT with Navi.

Now have an Premium White Pearl '06 6MT with Navi.
This was the color I really wanted back in 2003 but I could only get a black one when it was time to get rid of my older car. This year, the dealership ordered one for me.

Reason why I prefer white? I've had white cars before and I thought they were easy to clean and keep clean. It's not as aggresive looking as my black TSX but keeping the black car clean was hard to do.

Here she is...

Old 03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey Bulldog and Dale, make sure you take some pics of your DGP's and post them up for us to see in the pic section.

Quick Reply: What color did you pick & why?