Wanting to buy a 2006 TSX, Looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to buy a 2006 TSX, Looking for advice

as a poor college graduate, i went out looking for a new car in the last few recent weeks. originally planning on a simple $14-17K MT civic, i just can't pass up the 6 speed MT royal blue pearl tsx. the 2005 civics are gone and the 2006 civics just aren't in my tastes. a evenly matched accord seems like it would be just as much as a tsx if not more. so i have definitely decided to go with the acura.

so, i'm getting ready to start negotiations for a 2006 model 6speed non-navi tsx soon so that the dealer may do an electronic trade for a rgp color that i can't live without.

does anyone know an invoice price for this model? what price should i aim for? what about a few added accessories, which ones and what sort of pricing should i expect and aim for?

much thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Advanced

All of your questions have been answered on this site already, search, I did and now I have a deposit on an 06

I hate to sound like a search nazi... But I am.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Pro

i do not know what the invoice prices are, but i know they are on the site...
But if i would to recomend anything, is get the navi.
Sure its an extra 2, but everyone who has it loves it and thinks its worth it.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Intermediate

I couldn't agree more the navi is crucial dude. Really completes the car, not to mention its just pimp to whip around with navigation. By far the best option on the TSX. As for driving down the price good luck, I was unable to really get anything out of the dealer except they through in floormats since it is so new. If you really want a deal go for the 05s, you can really get that price down. Guy was trying to sell me an 05 TL with navi for a lil over 30, but it was an auto so who wants that. Good luck with your purchase man
Old 12-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Daphne, welcome to the board.

The information you're looking for can be found in the thread regarding what people are paying for the 2006 TSX. You can look in there and find everything you ever wanted to know about pricing on the 2006 TSX.

Also, there is the TSX owner sign-in where new owners can report the configuration they bought and the price they paid.

And finally, I will have to disagree with these guys and say that while the navi is a nice toy, the one must have on the TSX is the 6 speed manual transmission. Shy of the Honda S2000, the TSX 6MT is one of the best on the market and really is a joy to shift. In fact, it's one of those MTs that if you don't know how to drive stick, you should learn just so you can get it.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

GET THE NAV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:22 AM
PWP Wh0r3

poor graduate can't afford TSX so your not poor and you have a big jump there, from civic to TSX haha, nice choice though. Nav isn't a must like some of these people said, it all comes down to do you need it, if not you can save yourself a few K and put that to something else, 2k can get you the body kits or at least most of the kit?

also read some car reviews on TSX to get yourself more familiar with the car, that's what i've been doing for the past months.

well at least your getting the car now, i still have to wait til march
Old 12-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Banned

LOL he's already looking at something that's at least $10K over his target budget and you guys are pushing the Nav. system.

I'd love to get an RL but...
Hate to tell you this but cars are money sink holes.
Buy within your means or it's quite likely you'll be looking to downgrade like some people already done on this forum.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Get the '05 to save money or downgrade to the RSX, Scion tC, Mazda3, Altima, G6, or Civic Si...

Do you have a job lined up?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you don't seem too poor of a college student, given your decision to grab a tsx vs a civic.

ya... the 6mt is key, but it's also offered on the si, which i think looks nice.

can't go wrong with either car though...
Old 12-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

Haha, I suppose that poor is a bit strong of a word. I'm working a few odd jobs here and there but my parents are helping me out a bit on the car. Which gives all the reason for getting a TSX over any car that I have seen (which includes the IS250, '06 Civic, 6sp MT Accord, Corolla, etc etc.). There have been tens of people who have told me to get the Civic but I just can't get past the design of it. I suppose I'm a bit more old-school.

I will browse around the threads a bit more before heading out to the battlefield.

Thanks all!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by DaphneLCC
Haha, I suppose that poor is a bit strong of a word. I'm working a few odd jobs here and there but my parents are helping me out a bit on the car. Which gives all the reason for getting a TSX over any car that I have seen (which includes the IS250, '06 Civic, 6sp MT Accord, Corolla, etc etc.). There have been tens of people who have told me to get the Civic but I just can't get past the design of it. I suppose I'm a bit more old-school.

I will browse around the threads a bit more before heading out to the battlefield.

Thanks all!
i think if it is even a little stretch to afford this car you are making a poor decision. get a used 2004 or a 2005. you can keep justifying spending a few grand more, but honestly, can you afford it. if you can, then do it. but understand that you're stuck with the car for at least 3 years to get anything close to "your money's worth"

also, the Navi is great, but it's something that if you've never seen or used, you won't miss not having it.

i on the other have seen and used it, and thus, had to get it in my RBP/parchment

only wish i coulda got a manual, but the lady refuses to drive a manual transmission car. too bad.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Instructor

My friend is sellimg his tsx in the black market check it out may you can work out a deal.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bradykp
i think if it is even a little stretch to afford this car you are making a poor decision. get a used 2004 or a 2005. you can keep justifying spending a few grand more, but honestly, can you afford it. if you can, then do it. but understand that you're stuck with the car for at least 3 years to get anything close to "your money's worth"

also, the Navi is great, but it's something that if you've never seen or used, you won't miss not having it.

i on the other have seen and used it, and thus, had to get it in my RBP/parchment

only wish i coulda got a manual, but the lady refuses to drive a manual transmission car. too bad.

With all due respect Brady....I'd trade "the lady" in for the 6MT.....too sweet to pass up on this car! Ha Ha!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Go with your first instinct - poor college student NOT= TSX. Get a nice used 04 Civic for now. You can get your TSX infatuation satisfied with a test drive now and then.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Intermediate

So, I've browsed around quite a bit before making the final decision to buy a TSX. Looking around for about a month or two, I have compared every car that I would consider buying with the TSX. And I just think that the TSX is the overall best choice. It has better value and everything that I am looking for in a car.

But first, maybe I should rephrase my opening statement I think I may have misled everyone in saying that I was a "poor" college graduate. Although I'm not raking in the dough, I have managed to save enough to pay off the car, even at 28K. So I suppose the money isn't quite an object in this matter. Although I did begin my search for a much cheaper car, my friend (he owns a MDX and a RSX) led me into the Acura dealer and I just couldn't leave. I saw the TSX and I just can't go back anymore! Sorry for the mislead folks!

My final decision is leaning towards the 6sp non-navi, most likely the 2006 as the Acura dealers here don't have any of the older models in a color that I like (and I rationalized that if I am paying at least 25K on a car, I should spend that extra bit of money for the exact car that I want--color and the extra features I really enjoy, since I plan on keeping it for a while).

Many thanks for the advice all I appreciate it.

Oh, and P.S.: Just thought I would clarify: I am a girl
Old 12-23-2005, 11:37 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

Oh, and P.S.: Just thought I would clarify: I am a girl

Well, in that case

Seems like a waste IMO to spend all 28K (presuming that you don't have more) on a car. No trying to convince you otherwise but consider investing some of it. Cars are nothing but a bad investment.

Good luck with your decesion.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dom
Well, in that case

Seems like a waste IMO to spend all 28K (presuming that you don't have more) on a car. No trying to convince you otherwise but consider investing some of it. Cars are nothing but a bad investment.

Good luck with your decesion.

Because I am a girl it would be a waste?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Because I am a girl it would be a waste?

Where did you get that from my post? Regardless of wheather you are male or female it would be a good idea to invest some of the money. The again you seem pretty good at saving so having a car paid off while you start saving all over again wouldn't be a bad thing eiher.

My "well, in that case" comment was aimed at the fact that girls who post around here seem to get alot more attenion and attract alot of internet forum leg humpers.
ie, jlukja, Tinky and CGTSX2004.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

Ah, it looked like because just that last part of the post was highlighted that you were referring to just my comment about being a girl.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have a stable job?
Have you checked out insurance rates?
Do you have money saved up for a rainy day?

If you do, by all means...

Also, most of you missed where she said college graduate.
Big difference from college student.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Racer

Dude.........

I don't know if there are any where you're at but the Acura dealer in town has some 05's still. Maybe you can get a good price on an overstock 05????

Just some food for thought.

As far as the poor college student getting the TSX vs. the Civic. I say do what feels good man....if you want the TSX go for it. Hell, if you wake up tomorrow and decide that you want to sell an organ and buy an NSX...go for it!!!

You're the one that has to own, maintain and drive the car. You might as well love it!!

Best of luck!

Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by agenteye
With all due respect Brady....I'd trade "the lady" in for the 6MT.....too sweet to pass up on this car! Ha Ha!
That's too funny! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read his post!

Bradykp, who's wearin' the pants buddy?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
My final decision is leaning towards the 6sp non-navi, most likely the 2006 as the Acura dealers here don't have any of the older models in a color that I like (and I rationalized that if I am paying at least 25K on a car, I should spend that extra bit of money for the exact car that I want--color and the extra features I really enjoy, since I plan on keeping it for a while).
I figured you were a girl from the handle, I don't know too many guys named "Daphne" though the "LLC" concerns me..... are you really a Limited Liability Corp?

Dom was just trying to point out that since cars are guaranteed to depreciate, you're better off putting money into something that will appreciate in value. However, having said that, I agree that if you're that close, why not get something that you really love and will keep a while. The flip side to Dom's argument, is if you buy the Civic now and don't like it and end up selling it in a year or two, you're going to lose more than if you just got the TSX in the first place.

Anyway, since you're a girl....Ummm "what are you wearing?"
Old 12-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colin
Anyway, since you're a girl....Ummm "what are you wearing?"
Old 12-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
My "well, in that case" comment was aimed at the fact that girls who post around here seem to get alot more attenion and attract alot of internet forum leg humpers.
ie, jlukja, Tinky and CGTSX2004.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:51 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jlukja

Are you denying that your a leg humper?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dom
Are you denying that your a leg humper?

I ask for pics one time, ONE TIME, and I get an upset member PMing me. And this was in the member pics thread.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:57 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I ask for pics one time, ONE TIME, and I get an upset member PMing me. And this was in the member pics thread.

ONE TIME my ass

And what upset member PM'ed you? I'd love to hear this.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Team Owner

ExplicitBarbi3 basically called me a dirty old man and made fun of my TSX.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Well the nerve! I seriously doubt you're that old...
Old 12-23-2005, 01:01 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

You know whats even funnier about that. I got a PM from her thanking me for helping her out in that thread
Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Team Owner

I bet her postcount pales in comparison to her PM count.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Suzuka Master

.......and now Daphne is gone..........good job guys
Old 12-23-2005, 01:10 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

.......and now Daphne is gone..........good job guys

Noone asked for pics
Old 12-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimstsx
Dude.........

I don't know if there are any where you're at but the Acura dealer in town has some 05's still. Maybe you can get a good price on an overstock 05????
maybe because she doesn't like being called "dude"
Old 12-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by waTSX
That's too funny! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read his post!

Bradykp, who's wearin' the pants buddy?

she's buying the car, how can i pick out the transmission? if it were my car i was buying, i'd get it in manua. no doubt.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bradykp
she's buying the car, how can i pick out the transmission? if it were my car i was buying, i'd get it in manua. no doubt.
I guess that answers that question.... On the bright side, yoiu'll probably get to choose the drapes and wallpaper.

j/k buddy!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I guess that answers that question.... On the bright side, yoiu'll probably get to choose the drapes and wallpaper.

j/k buddy!

hahahaha.

i consider it a victory that the car shopping started out with her wanting to look at a subaru legacy and ended up with us looking at the mazda 6 and the acura tsx, with me pushing towards the tsx.

it's her car, i don't drive anywhere. but i know that when we go anywhere, she makes me drive, so i wanted it to be a fun car.

someday, i'll teach her how to drive the manual, and hopefully she'll enjoy it!
Old 12-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by huckleberry
maybe because she doesn't like being called "dude"

I apologize..I didn't see that she wasn't a dude until just now.

With that said....I would go for whatever car makes you happy Miss.

Just trying to give my opinion and stay PC.

Quick Reply: Wanting to buy a 2006 TSX, Looking for advice