Vsa/dbw

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:28 PM
a2k
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vsa/dbw

OK, I know there has been alot of discussion about these topics on this message board, I searched an read them all. The question I would like to pose does not seem to be (well) covered in any of them. If it has been, feel free to link me to the coverage.

It seems to me that shifting is COMPLETELY different with VSA disabled on my 08 6MT. With VSA engaged, it feels like a laggy, crappy DBW throttle that many people here on the boards have complained about. My old car was an Integra GSR, it seemed to be seriously twice as responsive, maybe more.

Well its winter here in Illinois, and the weather is crappy just about all the time, so I just recently got around to testing the car out with out VSA. When it is disabled it fells like a whole different car! It reminds me of my Integra, like it is just listening to what I ask instead of deciding what I want by inference. The throttle response is improved, revs don't hang when I drop the throttle, and the power doesn't get cut when I shift aggressively at high RPM (although thats probably telling me that I would be lighting up those rocks Acura calls tires).

Also, I may be crazy, but does VSA have its little feet on my clutch as well? I swear the clutch gets firmer & more linear with VSA disabled.

I bet just getting some real tires completely changes the tone of this car doesn't it, just because it keeps the front wheels from spinning & the computer from cutting my power. Can someone provide me with a bit of information on just how much benefit can be had with new tires? Especially with regard to VSA issues.

Does anyone here agree with me? Has anyone noticed this? I'm not ragging on the car, I LOVE it, but I am just looking to crowd source some wisdom on this vehicle, as mine has just over 1000Mi on it.

Thanks everyone, Im looking forward to hearing what others have to say about my experiences with this sweet (but slightly flawed???) car!

--Max
Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
heel/toe is my specialty

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The benefits of new (different) tires on the tsx have been documented by many drivers/owners of this car.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It makes a gigantic difference. I have not noticed any of the strange behavior you describe on my '04. Is your little VSA warning triangle constantly blinking?