Very angry tsx owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 01:18 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well there shouldn't be one in his driveway anymore now that he's rid of his TSX. So I wonder what is really stopping him from getting another one now -- after all he only had that car a few months and he said, " that was my baby". So I am indeed offering him a valid idea! The problem most likely is that he wanted something different (after that car was OLD and had SO many miles on it) so he was just looking for an excuse to get his mom to buy him something new. And yes, I could honestly care less what he get his mommy to buy him next, but that does NOT mean I cannot offer a suggestion.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STL
Just because you are writing the check doesn't mean you are ultimately making the payment. If really and truly are, you must have a really nice job compared to most 17 year olds to be able to afford a TSX payment and the insurance cost -- for a 17 year old no less...
well he lives at home & works (maybe at the expense of schooling )
Old 12-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wsklar
We can't afford houses, so we need to buy expensive cars to live in.
hahaa haa you got that right....my car is my house....we cant afford
housing here in the bay area...
Old 12-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by danslvpt
hahaa haa you got that right....my car is my house....we cant afford
housing here in the bay area...
My sister lives in the San Jose area with her husband and they had to drive ole school Hondas for many, many years before the finally had enough saved up to get a townhouse (newly constructed ) and then finally upgrade one of their Hondas to a nice BMW 5 series. Now they're looking into getting a SUV. Keep in mind, they have a combined income of over 100Gs...that tells you a little something about living in the Bay area.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STL
Well there shouldn't be one in his driveway anymore now that he's rid of his TSX. So I wonder what is really stopping him from getting another one now -- after all he only had that car a few months and he said, " that was my baby". So I am indeed offering him a valid idea! The problem most likely is that he wanted something different (after that car was OLD and had SO many miles on it) so he was just looking for an excuse to get his mom to buy him something new. And yes, I could honestly care less what he get his mommy to buy him next, but that does NOT mean I cannot offer a suggestion.
wow, sounds like you know every detail of this guys story
Old 12-24-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
Is the cousin getting HER parents to pay for it? Seems like the only people getting screwed out of this is the parents.

If it's all in the family I'd get the cousin to pay for the damage, it seems like you're getting a really sweet deal for getting rid of the car just because it's been on a road trip and has a small dent on it. Doesn't seem like you talked much to your cousin about this either, did you negotiate this whole trade through your mom?

What kind of job do you have, if you don't mind me asking? I always wondered how kids who still go to school can afford cars that normally only professionals can afford.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
Is the cousin getting HER parents to pay for it? Seems like the only people getting screwed out of this is the parents.

If it's all in the family I'd get the cousin to pay for the damage, it seems like you're getting a really sweet deal for getting rid of the car just because it's been on a road trip and has a small dent on it. Doesn't seem like you talked much to your cousin about this either, did you negotiate this whole trade through your mom?

What kind of job do you have, if you don't mind me asking? I always wondered how kids who still go to school can afford cars that normally only professionals can afford.
it was originally my moms idea to get a new car.. i didnt plan to get a another one.. what i do is very personal.. if i say anything wrong i can get in big trouble..
Old 12-24-2004, 11:48 AM
VV "Precision Crafted" VV

I think this thread has gone as far as it can go. Your life story is now worth 6 pages of thread on this site. Just get the car you want or fix this one and keep it. Get a new TSX or otherwise. Hey man, if your mom says its okay, then go for it and get a new car. But be responsible with it and no excuses. I can understand some of the responses to your thread because most (and I do mean the vast majority) of us take years to save up for a purchase like a new car and don't take it for granite that we can simply replace at a whim.

Just move on from this, make a decision, and be done with it!!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by I10O0I1
it was originally my moms idea to get a new car.. i didnt plan to get a another one.. what i do is very personal.. if i say anything wrong i can get in big trouble..
I guess that could mean anything then. I will guess...Male Prostitute.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by domn
Why the hell would you let your cousin borrow the car
I will never let anyone else drive my car...that's just crazy!!
There are Two most important things that a Man should not do!
Rule #1: Don't let anyone borrow your car!!
Rule #2: Don't let anyone borrow your wife!!
Old 12-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Creaminz
I will never let anyone else drive my car...that's just crazy!!
There are Two most important things that a Man should not do!
Rule #1: Don't let anyone borrow your car!!
Rule #2: Don't let anyone borrow your wife!!
if a gun is put to ya head and you had to break one of the rules which one is it ?