Very angry tsx owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:01 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
Buy a 5 year old Civic Si for cash and save all of the car payments school/house or other investment.

But his cousin may not like the Civic.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Niner Faithful

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Get this Echo Sedan! Even if you give the keys to your cousin she won't put a mile on it!!
Old 12-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
I'd get a Buick Lacrosse.
the Lacrosse is actually pretty nice looking
Old 12-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't you ever hear not to do business with family
Old 12-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by khannie112

Get this Echo Sedan! Even if you give the keys to your cousin she won't put a mile on it!!
I second that.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by I10O0I1
my cuzzin isnt a red neck.. we're vietnamese..
Being a redneck doens't mean that you have to be causasian, the same as being ghetto doesn't mean you have to be black, hispanic, etc. It's all in your state of mind.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Race Director

Get 350z.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:33 AM
UK Accord Type-S

hi all I'm from the UK and guess there is a bit of culture shock here...seems like there are some very young people 17-21 on this board who are driving an expensive car/ fairly high performance? don't know if it is expensive in USA...in this post I see here the guy is 17?

I am 27 and had to work and am still working to pay for my UK accord Type-S, but i see in US that many young ones get their parents/ their parents have paid for their car.

Now I don't know what it is like in US but in UK that would be considered spoilt? I guess maybe i just come from a different background.....in my mind, if you are practically given something you should be happy with whatever it is........not to mention something as good as an Acura TSX!

As for asking for opionions i think this would be the wrong place to ask...ofcourse everyone would say either buy an Acura or another TSX........if it was me I'd buy something that I could afford be it second hand or less performance and cut your parents purse strings and work for what you want..........it is much much more satisfying.

(pls note the post above is not suppose to read as an attack on any individual just my ...read it with a light hearted approach )
Old 12-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by alnug
hi all I'm from the UK and guess there is a bit of culture shock here...seems like there are some very young people 17-21 on this board who are driving an expensive car? don't know if it is expensive in USA...in this post I see here the guy is 17?

I am 27 and had to work and am still working to pay for my UK accord Type-S, but i see in US that many young ones get their parents/ their parents have paid for their car.

Now I don't know what it is like in US but in UK that would be considered spoilt? I guess maybe i just come from a different background.....in my mind, if you are practically given something you should be happy with whatever it is........not to mention something as good as an Acura TSX!

As for asking for opionions i think this would be the wrong place to ask...ofcourse everyone would say either buy an Acura or another TSX........if it was me I'd buy something that I could afford be it second hand or less performance and cut your parents purse strings and work for what you want..........it is much much more satisfying.

(pls note the post above is not suppose to read as an attack on any individual just my ...read it with a light hearted approach )
No worries.

And even here, we consider it spoiled, but because we have had that discussion about a million times here, it's a moot point. The only car I didn't pay for myself was a gift from my grandfather (and that thing was an old beater) but since then, every car that has been my primary driver, I have paid for. For some, that's the philosophy, for others, who are more privileged, getting a car from their parents doesn't seem out of place.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by TheGspot
Didn't you ever hear not to do business with family
Works on the Sopranos
Old 12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Just dial 1911

Quote:
my cuzzin isnt a red neck.. we're vietnamese..

Originally Posted by goose25
Being a redneck doens't mean that you have to be causasian, the same as being ghetto doesn't mean you have to be black, hispanic, etc. It's all in your state of mind.
Ok, I10O0I1, here's the litmus test. If you ever heard your cousin say "HEY! WATCH THIS", that would be your first clue
Old 12-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
No worries.

And even here, we consider it spoiled, but because we have had that discussion about a million times here, it's a moot point. The only car I didn't pay for myself was a gift from my grandfather (and that thing was an old beater) but since then, every car that has been my primary driver, I have paid for. For some, that's the philosophy, for others, who are more privileged, getting a car from their parents doesn't seem out of place.
Same. The TSX is my first car, and I saved up for 19 months so I could pay cash and walk out the door.

Best feeling ever when I got handed the keys, knowing that the car was allllll mine.

As for my response to the actual topic of this thread...

If you want 4 doors, I'd say the TL. Not because it's an Acura, but because of you probably won't find another car with the price/performance/luxury balance in the same price range.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
CG is the place to be...

Yes, in the US, this is considered spoiled. I am currently paying for my TSX, however it is the first car that I have ever had to pay for. I was given my first car (a 1983 subaru GL wagon) for my 16th birthday. I then had an 89 Honda Accord for a while until i got a 95 Jetta. My parents paid for the Accord and my Godfather gave me the Subaru and an loan for the Jetta that I was told I didn't have to pay back. I consider myself to be very spoiled. My parents have always given me pretty much everything I need and a lot of what I want even though they don't really have a lot of money.

it is much much more satisfying.
Now that I am making payments on the TSX, I realize there is much more satisfaction in paying for the car yourself (except for the one day that I am writing the check).

I realize that I was spoiled and have seen plenty of people in the US get spoiled. So, yeah, i am sure that it is a culture thing.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
hi all I'm from the UK and guess there is a bit of culture shock here...seems like there are some very young people 17-21 on this board who are driving an expensive car/ fairly high performance? don't know if it is expensive in USA...in this post I see here the guy is 17?

We can't afford houses, so we need to buy expensive cars to live in.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wsklar
We can't afford houses, so we need to buy expensive cars to live in.
Exactly. And it's worse for the people like me who are in high cost-of-living area such as SoCal where condos are going for $500k. Live in the back seat of my nice TSX first...RV park next...then apt...and finally a house.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:18 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so i spoke to my mom and she was like thats fine. obviously i dont want a 2 month old car with 7k miles and a accident on it.. what should i do ?
Just get your mommy to buy you another new car.

that was my baby
Really? Then why did you let someone drive it for a week?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
UK Accord Type-S

yer tell me about it! the cost of houses in UK is also out the roof!!
Old 12-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Geez, this thread has turned a bit. I think that, yes, your parents are spoiling you if they buy you a nice car like the TSX at 17. But spoiling your kids is not necessarily bad. I wish my parents had the means to spoil me like that. People need to appreciate what you have and not take it for granted. And, by this thread, I think he does. If his cousin put 2K miles on your car in a week and he just said, " ho hum, no biggie, mommy will just get me a new one" then thats one thing but he seem to be really upset about it, rightfully so. IMHO how he got the car is one thing but he does respect the car and appreciates it. Thats OK in my book.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by STL
Just get your mommy to buy you another new car.

hes going to. Thats not a problem is it. ?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:36 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jlukja
he does respect the car and appreciates it.
If he really did then he wouldn't have let someone else drive it for a week AND he wouldn't be wanting something better now. What it boils down to is that he took it for granted (probably because it was just given to him) and precisely because of that something happened to it so now he wants to upgrade.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:49 PM
such a dirty birdy

Geez, this thread has turned a bit. I think that, yes, your parents are spoiling you if they buy you a nice car like the TSX at 17. But spoiling your kids is not necessarily bad. I wish my parents had the means to spoil me like that. People need to appreciate what you have and not take it for granted. And, by this thread, I think he does. If his cousin put 2K miles on your car in a week and he just said, " ho hum, no biggie, mommy will just get me a new one" then thats one thing but he seem to be really upset about it, rightfully so. IMHO how he got the car is one thing but he does respect the car and appreciates it. Thats OK in my book.
I don't understand the original complaint at all. So the car has an extra 2K miles on it, so what? That's less than 1% of the useful life of the car. As for the damage, the cousin that dented it should pay for the repair (it can be repaired and life will go on). It's just a freakin' car, it's meant to be driven and used. Now if the cousin won't pay for the repair that's another issue and might be an indication that she doesn't understand the value of money if she thinks she can go through life damaging other people's stuff and not being responsible for it. But wanting to bail on a perfectly good car because of a measly 2K miles and a dented fender? Totally .
Old 12-21-2004, 05:56 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by majormojo
But wanting to bail on a perfectly good car because of a measly 2K miles and a dented fender? Totally .
Especially when it's supposedly his "baby". LOL
Old 12-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Go Giants

I don't understand the original complaint at all. So the car has an extra 2K miles on it, so what? That's less than 1% of the useful life of the car. As for the damage, the cousin that dented it should pay for the repair (it can be repaired and life will go on). It's just a freakin' car, it's meant to be driven and used. Now if the cousin won't pay for the repair that's another issue and might be an indication that she doesn't understand the value of money if she thinks she can go through life damaging other people's stuff and not being responsible for it. But wanting to bail on a perfectly good car because of a measly 2K miles and a dented fender? Totally .
cough, cough, excuse for a new car, cough, cough....
Old 12-22-2004, 03:17 AM
6 speed yo!

id use the same excuse if i was able to...but i dont need a new TSX for the 3rd time
Old 12-22-2004, 05:09 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
id use the same excuse if i was able to...but i dont need a new TSX for the 3rd time
That would be some kind of record - 3 TSXes of the same MY.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

After 2 months owning my TSX, I had 12,000 miles on mine. So what? It was built to be driven, and drive I did!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:08 PM
such a dirty birdy

Originally Posted by wsklar
cough, cough, excuse for a new car, cough, cough....
But it IS a new car!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

....... my cuzzin isnt a red neck.. we're vietnamese..
omg ! the irony
Old 12-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Go Giants

But it IS a new car!
Newer!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Just dial 1911

Damn, I put 1K miles on my car this month...Time to get a newer one....
Old 12-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
, how the hell does someone drirve 1k miles in a week!? Giving the car keys to a cousin, espeically a FEMALE cousin= big mistake
...and Asian on top of that
how old is the chick ?
Old 12-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by danslvpt
thats alot of noodle soup to cook...so eat it up people...
werd I love that stuff !
Old 12-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Team Owner

Geez, this thread has turned a bit. I think that, yes, your parents are spoiling you if they buy you a nice car like the TSX at 17. But spoiling your kids is not necessarily bad. I wish my parents had the means to spoil me like that. People need to appreciate what you have and not take it for granted.
It's one thing to spoil ones children with attention, it's a whole other issue when you spoil your kids with nice things to compensate for not being able to be there for them as a parent. Those kids who get spoiled for the latter reason usually end up being the pricks of the world. (and don't anyone dare take this thread as being directed at anyone...it's just a general musing about society in general).
Old 12-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by STL
If he really did then he wouldn't have let someone else drive it for a week AND he wouldn't be wanting something better now. What it boils down to is that he took it for granted (probably because it was just given to him) and precisely because of that something happened to it so now he wants to upgrade.

Bingo.
I have expressed this opinion before (& got burned) : I'm not jelous nor envious...when one is GIVEN a spanking new nice car like the TSX at such young age not of his own efforts and not having the FULL subsequent financial responsibilities,in general, it is less likely that he will take the ownership responsibility as seriously as a more mature person who has to take shit at work, deal with stress to earn that focking after-tax $ to pay for the car....and on top of that pay for a roof to sleep under.
I don't know about those of you who bought the car with your own $ but no way in focking hell I will lend my new car to anyone. (except parents)
Old 12-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

update... im not spoiled i was making payments for the tsx while i had it.. only thing my mother did was put the car under her name cause im too young... and now the car is out of my possession. my cousin took it now its in the shop and she taking car of the payments. and im going to buy a new car soon.. and its not me that doesnt want the tsx back my mom said she doesnt want it no more.. ill update with what i get next hehe
Old 12-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Advanced

How come nobody's mentioned the new Audi A4? That's in the 35K range...
Old 12-23-2004, 12:17 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

update... im not spoiled i was making payments for the tsx while i had it..
Just because you are writing the check doesn't mean you are ultimately making the payment. If really and truly are, you must have a really nice job compared to most 17 year olds to be able to afford a TSX payment and the insurance cost -- for a 17 year old no less -- that goes with it. Why not get another TSX since is was supposedly your "baby"? LOL And honestly I could care less what car you get next. I'm sure you'll get tired of it soon enough and be looking for excuses to get something new again.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Luke 1:37

First off, we shouldn't stereotype every kid who gets spoiled by their parents because their parents were able to. Second, who the F cares how he got the car. This is a site for ALL TSX owners (And non owners like me). I don't remember reading in the regulations for this site saying, "Must of purchased this car on their own and not given to them by their parents". Soooooo, stick with the original post topic and leave this dude alone.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:56 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

If anyone if off-topic it is YOU virtualbong. I asked why he isn't going to get another TSX since he was supposedly so fond of the TSX he had. I have no problem with a parent buying a new car for their kid (as my parents did for me right before I turned 16 many, many moons ago)! What I do have a problem with is when kids that don't appreciate them come where whining and crying when something happens to their car -- when what happened was directly due to the fact they didn't appreciate their car. As for regulations (virtualbong), I don't recall reading one that I said I couldn't speak my mind!
Old 12-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Luke 1:37

STL, did you read your post? Here, let me refresh your memory:

"...honestly I could care less what car you get next"

Now, lets read his original post and what he was requesting:

"...i dont want another tsx cause theres one on the driveway already but i would like something similar to it and close to price range... i was thinking 05 tl navi.. throw some ideas at me"

He said, "THROW SOME IDEAS AT ME" and do you really think that your post was helpful? This is why threads get so large and people have to browse EVERY page just to find a page worth of useful information.

I don't like to get in these arguments, but its sometimes warranted.

Oh, one more thing, did you read your previous posts as well? I believe you said something like, "Why don't you get your mommy to buy you another one". Very helpful, very helpful...

Forum Regulation:

*Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.

I'm not moderating though, just stating the fact...

Quick Reply: Very angry tsx owner!!