Two TSX Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two TSX Questions

First off, hello to everyone on here. I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now but just registered. It seems like a great place w/ a lot of good information. I'm about to get rid of my eight-year-old Civic and I'm 99.5% sure the TSX will be its replacement. A test drive this past weekend made me like the car that much more. Afterwards we went to Volvo (my g/f is getting the S40), and that solidified the TSX's position as well. Anyway, on to my questions.
1) I don't mind waiting a few months for the 05, and would like to (mainly b/c the rattles that I read about), but the dealer said they would be willing to knock off around 1600 to 1800 off of MSRP on a 6MT/Navi model. Is this good enough to go for it?
2) I was really set on Carbon Grey, thinking that it was more "anthracitey" than it turned out to be. It sort of had a bluish tint that I wasn't expecting. I saw a TL on the lot that was the perfect color, but it's not an option on the TSX. I think the car looks fantastic in black, so here is the question. I've never had a black car, but I always hear how hard they are to keep clean. For those of you w/ black TSXs, does it get dirty quickly? Is it still sharp looking? If I don't go black, then I think the "normal" silver will be the choice TSX.

Thanks for your help and input.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Instructor

1) I think paying under invoice is good deal. $1800 off the MSRP sounds good too. I paid $1500 off the MSRP.

2) Color choice was the hardest part. I really really love Premium White Pearl but didn't like the interior color. So, I chose Carbon Gray. I like the color. yea.... CG has a little bit of bluish color which I don't like.
So, you are thinking of Nighthawk Black Pearl? My old Civic Si was in Flamenco Black Pearl. Looking very sharp, but gets dirty easily and was toasting me in 100F summer in S.Cali.
If you don't like the bluish fade of CG I'd like to recommend you PWP(if ya don't mind parchment interior) or Satin Silver.
Good luck on your deal. BTW are you scared of rattles? It's not big thing. So I don't mind.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:14 AM
Stokeless

its all personal prefernce..i went for ABP cuz it stood out like no other in a crowd =)
Old 06-21-2004, 04:28 AM
Drifting

congrats on the right choice!

1) it is a pretty good deal since anything in the middle of msrp and invoice is a fairly good bargain.

2) cg is a really great color (i swear i'm not biased just because i have one), but so is the nhbp. however, my brother owns a black tl and it's a pain to keep clean. if you keep you car garaged or parked in covered areas most of the time, the nhbp may be easy to maintain. the ssm's pretty nice (was my 3rd choice), but is a little too plain for me. it's always good to look at a few different colors and then make your choice. personally, i love the blueish tint of the cg in the sun especially; it's better than plain dark grey.

btw, i've test driven several volvos and is it me or do volvo's not seem as luxurious as their prices would indicate?
Old 06-21-2004, 04:47 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
I had to get an 04 because my 03 CL-S was totaled and I needed another car fast. I am also about to buy a condo so I didn't want to spend house money on the TL, so I got the TSX. I was in a hurry so I didn't bother bargaining and got it for 28k which I think is a bit over 1k off MSRP. I have no doubt you can get it for 27-27.5k.

The CG color is the only one (with navi & ebony interior) I wanted and the dealer had one shipped on a flatbed from Richmond to Alexandria so I got it with 8 miles The CL Type-S I had was Anthracite. The CG is a very strange color - sometimes it looks bluish, sometimes it's pure grey, sometimes it even looks kind of olive. Here are pics of my Anthracite Metallic CL-S and my Carbon Grey Pearl TSX for comparison. Both in sunlight which changes CG more than Anthracite.

Hope that helps you compare!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Race Director

totally agree with you on the carbon gray color. i thought it would be more of a dark gray than this bluish tinted one.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Banned

>>I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now but just registered. .... and I'm 99.5% sure the TSX will be its replacement
Man hats off to ya.....champ of careful shopping ! All i did was read Car & Driver & some other reviews & test-drive the TSX & compare values and right away I knew I gotta take it.

can't say the same thing for your gf thou.

. Afterwards we went to Volvo (my g/f is getting the S40), and that solidified the TSX's p
Old 06-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

1) That's not bad at all considering there won't be any significant changes (if any) to the 05 TSX. There is rumor of an A-Spec package, but that is an add-on anyway that you can get later. Honda/Acura accessories are the same price regardless of whether you buy them initially or later. They still charge for installation labor. I got my TSX for $25,600 out the door with free fogs and cargo net. Mebbe you could get them to throw in a couple accessories for free too?

2) I would have to say Nighthawk Black Pearl is the most elegant color for the TSX. But then again, I'm biased because that's what I have. I've gotten countless comments from other drivers and friends about how sporty yet elegant my car looks in black, one of them being my neighbor with a '04 745i.

And yes, it is hard to keep clean. However if you have a car duster and quick detailing spray, it takes just a little more effort than a white or silver car.

Good luck on your purchase, hope you can join the TSX family!

Old 06-21-2004, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks everyone for the replies and pictures. I think I'lljust have to go back to the lot and look at the cars again in person, next to each other. Both the TSXs in the above pictures look great though, so luckily there won't be a "wrong" choice.

The Volvo definitely wasn't up to par with the TSX. The interior plastic material wasn't as nice as the TSX, and while the dash is unique, I think it has a gimicky element to it that will get old quick. The exterior is a big improvement over the old S40 though, which is good. The reason my g/f is getting the Volvo is that she is restricted to Ford & GM cars b/c her parents are getting it for her and they get deals on those cars through their work. She initially wanted the TSX, then found out about her limited options. Lucky for me though, because I wasn't even considering sedans until she started looking at the TSX.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx

totally agree with you on the carbon gray color. i thought it would be more of a dark gray than this bluish tinted one.
that's why i didn't buy a cg