TSX vs TL vs Accord V6 vs IS250 vs A3

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd biggest?

I think the big 3, Toyota, Nissan and VW are bigger than Honda.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Got-Busa?
I currently don't have a BMW. We looked at the TSX for my wife but she has decided that she likes the 325i a lot better. We are holding off for now to see what the 07 model brings (and never buy a first year car regardless of make). Fingers crossed for the rumored 328i which should have increased HP to around 235 and maybe more color options. With everything I would like on it, it should be around $36k.
wow you talk a lot but know so little. 328? there is no 328, the 330 replaced it and already has 255hp.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaklee
I think the big 3, Toyota, Nissan and VW are bigger than Honda.
biggest car manufacturer is GM, followed by Toyota and then Honda.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think GM gets the first spot because they count the child-companies under it. What about GM as a brand on its own? I don't think they'd be the largest.

And Got-Busa, even here in Australia where our 325i has an actual 2.5L and we are obsessed with both small and large engine capacities, we don't have a 328i. There is no more 328i for the E91. Not in the US, not in Australia. The 330i has taken over its spot.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:12 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by h1coupe
biggest car manufacturer is GM, followed by Toyota and then Honda.

GM is still the world's largest auotmaker yes and Toyota is I believe now second recently overtaking Ford but I'm pretty certain Honda is not third. Ford, Daimler-Chrysler, and Nissan (but not by much) sell more units per year worldwide. Huyandai is also set to surpass Honda in total sales in the next 3-5 years.

As for profits, last I heard Honda was the second most profitable automaker behind only Toyota.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:13 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by aaronng

And Got-Busa, even here in Australia where our 325i has an actual 2.5L and we are obsessed with both small and large engine capacities, we don't have a 328i. There is no more 328i for the E91. Not in the US, not in Australia. The 330i has taken over its spot.

I think he's hoping the 325 becomes the 328 and adds some power. Not likely to happen for a few years at least, if at all.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dom
GM is still the world's largest auotmaker yes and Toyota is I believe now second recently overtaking Ford but I'm pretty certain Honda is not third. Ford, Daimler-Chrysler, and Nissan (but not by much) sell more units per year worldwide. Huyandai is also set to surpass Honda in total sales in the next 3-5 years.

As for profits, last I heard Honda was the second most profitable automaker behind only Toyota.
I could be mistaking where they are in the line. but I do know they are the largest engine manufacturer. and then maybe as you say the second most profitable, that´s not bad for bragging rights

I am still sure I read it somewhere that they are the 3rd largest, but can´t remember where I saw it, I could have mistaken it for one particular market share was the 3rd largest?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:43 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I believe they are 3rd largest in Japan behind Toyota and Nissan. And yes, definently the world's largest engine manufactuer.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Pro

I like the new IS and and had it been out, I probably would've cross-shopped the 250 with the TSX and TL (and still gone with the TSX). However, I think it's rear pillars look like a Nissan Maxima - and I think new Maximas are hideous. So the IS is not ugly to me like the GS (another Nissan wannabe albeit with a little more class), but it sure is from from the right angle. I think the TSX is a better looking car overall than the IS.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Speed Freak!

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92
wow you talk a lot but know so little. 328? there is no 328, the 330 replaced it and already has 255hp.
If you would have read my post they are rumoring a HP bump for 07. I know the current 325/330 are BOTH 3.0L motors (in the US). They are talking about "calling it" a 328 and bumping the HP even though it will still be a 3.0L.

Is it clear for you now since the 325 isn't really a 2.5 in the US!?!?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Speed Freak!

They are also talking about a 335i which is again "rumored" 306HP but it isn't know if that is N/A or twin-turbo yet. Still lots of rumors just waiting for 07 release date...

Most of it is for the coupe but normally the sedan follows the change.

So it should be going from 325/330 to 328/335 as the badging...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

They are also talking about a 335i which is again "rumored" 306HP but it isn't know if that is N/A or twin-turbo yet. Still lots of rumors just waiting for 07 release date...
Its officially a Turbo.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332318

So it should be going from 325/330 to 328/335 as the badging...

There will be a 325 with the existing 215HP 3L. The 330 with the existing 255HP 3L and the 335 with the Turbo 3L rated at 306HP. Bumping up the 325 isn't going to happen until the 330 gets a bump from its current 255. Considering they've been on the market less than a year and the just announced 306HP from the Turbo, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:07 AM
VSA Rocks

I haven't had any problems with a BMW tranny, I HAVE however had problems with my ACURA TL tranny. As previously mention I'm on my 2nd and coworker is on his 3rd...

I haven't had any of the other problems you have mentioned. Maybe you got a LEMON...

All the M3 owners agree huh.....show me an M3 owner that agrees that a Honda has a smoother MT than BMW. Now you are just typing crap....
OK, I'll bite.

Although the M3 is still my favorite non-exotic (but still puts up exotic-like numbers ), it's no where near being as perfect as you wish. I'm sure you've heard of the "M clunk" and quality issues that nag the E46fanatics.com and bimmerforums.com owners.

In regards to a better Honda tranny, take it from an M3 owner himself:
The S2000 is a fun car. It doesn't have the 0-60 like the M3, nor the torque. But there's nothing like going through a windy turn in it or beating this crap out of a boxster or m roadster. I had the pleasure many times. You need a little more experience for this car as well. The ass is a little loose, but the 06's have the VSC to help that out and it now has a little more torque. I thought the shift was a pain in the ass since it had to be warmed up before really shifting smoothly into 2nd. But after comparing it to the M3, the s2000's shifts like a hot knife through butter. The seating position feels better in the s2k as well, but I'm not a tall guy. The s2k's interior looks cleaner too.
Here's the thread:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ighlight=s2000

Sorry to break it to you, but even M3 owners will admit that Hondas do have their strong points.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Speed Freak!

Originally Posted by dom
Its officially a Turbo.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332318

There will be a 325 with the existing 215HP 3L. The 330 with the existing 255HP 3L and the 335 with the Turbo 3L rated at 306HP. Bumping up the 325 isn't going to happen until the 330 gets a bump from its current 255. Considering they've been on the market less than a year and the just announced 306HP from the Turbo, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Dom,

That is the rumor I have been reading about but it still hasn't been proven if it is making it to BMW(NA). Still waiting for the news.

Like I said, it's just rumors at this point so we'll just have to wait....
Old 04-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Speed Freak!

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
OK, I'll bite.

Although the M3 is still my favorite non-exotic (but still puts up exotic-like numbers ), it's no where near being as perfect as you wish. I'm sure you've heard of the "M clunk" and quality issues that nag the E46fanatics.com and bimmerforums.com owners.

In regards to a better Honda tranny, take it from an M3 owner himself:

Here's the thread:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ighlight=s2000

Sorry to break it to you, but even M3 owners will admit that Hondas do have their strong points.
Okay, so you found one owner.... j/k

I don't ever keep a OEM shifter in any car I've owned. That is usually the first mod I make on a manual car. Every car I have driven just feels to rubbery (IMO) in stock form.

What I was getting at is I have never had a problem with a BMW tranny. Manual or Auto but I have with my Acura. Maybe it's a one time thing but it happened with me. No car is perfect and every auto has problems depending how it is driven. If you abuse it or not, anything can and will happen...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

I haven't had any problems with a BMW tranny, I HAVE however had problems with my ACURA TL tranny. As previously mention I'm on my 2nd and coworker is on his 3rd...

I haven't had any of the other problems you have mentioned. Maybe you got a LEMON...

All the M3 owners agree huh.....show me an M3 owner that agrees that a Honda has a smoother MT than BMW. Now you are just typing crap....
I currently don't have a BMW. We looked at the TSX for my wife but she has decided that she likes the 325i a lot better. We are holding off for now to see what the 07 model brings (and never buy a first year car regardless of make). Fingers crossed for the rumored 328i which should have increased HP to around 235 and maybe more color options. With everything I would like on it, it should be around $36k.
You said you dun have problem on your BMW and then you said you dun have a BMW! And then give comment to a current BMW owner that dunno nething about BMW! As I said if someone said BMW is as reliable as Honda and BMW has smooth tranny as Honda, he probably not owning a BMW or he only drive BMW for his whole life

Even the most BMW cheer leader gioblo & savio(forgot their screen name but sure you guys know who I am talking about) will only aurge with us that RWD is better than FWD and BMW engine has more torque bah, bah, bah... and will never denied that Honda is more reliable than BMW and Honda MT tranny is way way better than BMW.

Ok, you want to see a M3 owner complaint about his tranny, here you go, he is not someone from internet, he is from our local bimmer board and we meet couple times a year.http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=10
Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Speed Freak!

What are you saying? Dun...what?

I said I haven't HAD, as in the past... (previous cars)

Dunnon nething....what?

I never experienced any of those problems with a E46 and another family member "currently has" a 325 and hasn't had any of those problems. They have had a few other minor ones but NONE of those.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Okay, so you found one owner.... j/k

I don't ever keep a OEM shifter in any car I've owned. That is usually the first mod I make on a manual car. Every car I have driven just feels to rubbery (IMO) in stock form.

What I was getting at is I have never had a problem with a BMW tranny. Manual or Auto but I have with my Acura. Maybe it's a one time thing but it happened with me. No car is perfect and every auto has problems depending how it is driven. If you abuse it or not, anything can and will happen...
What you going to do? replace the tranny? it is the original design that caus the problem not just replace with a SSK, mounting bushing or whatever will solve it. And it is a well known issue as well as all other common issues that BMW has and those are all essential components of a car not the extra options. And you dun need to abuse a BMW to make it break down.

BTW, I also know about the 328i rumor too but there is also a rumor that the US version of 335i will come in a 3.5L NA engine instead of 3L TT too.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Speed Freak!

Common issues for some, not for others...okay! We have established NO brand is 100% problem free so don't make one out to be soooooo much better than the other. Honda, BMW, Toyota, everyone has issues. Cross your fingers that you don't get one of them. I guess I have just been lucky with the BMW brand....
Old 04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
From Consumer Reports Web Site
April 2006
Manufacturers as they age

Using data from the 2001-2005 surveys, we compared how the vehicle lines from the major manufacturers fared as their vehicles age. We combined manufacturers' problem rates for one-year-old vehicles from each of the five surveys and did the same for two year old vehicles, and so on.

Some key findings:
The Asian manufacturers are more reliable on average, and continue to age more gracefully.
American manufacturers still have not closed the gap between them and the Asians. Ford has been, and continues to be the most reliable among the domestic manufacturers for older vehicles.
The European manufacturers continue to lag behind. Mercedes-Benz has fallen off in recent years.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...s-they-age.htm
Old 04-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Common issues for some, not for others...okay! We have established NO brand is 100% problem free so don't make one out to be soooooo much better than the other. Honda, BMW, Toyota, everyone has issues. Cross your fingers that you don't get one of them. I guess I have just been lucky with the BMW brand....
Everyone has issues, but its the magnitude and the issue count relative to other makes that count. Back in school, its called grading on a curve.

I admire both BMW and Acura/Honda, have had the pleasure of owning or living with both makes, and BMWs just don't have longevity on their side. Its a fact of life that won't be ignored on this forum like you want it to be. Sure I'd still buy a BMW, but after my experiences with BMW, I wouldn't ignore the issues.

Page 5
Old 04-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Speed Freak!

It's kind of odd how things seem to always go to the reliability speach regardless of what the topic is....

The fact still remains that BMW, Lexus, etc... still offer things HONDA hasn't regardless. I guess I have just fallen in love with BMW after cruising on the autobahn for hours at a time with the cruise set on 135+mph and ZERO (major) problems. I guess I am just one of the lucky ones.

Unfor, my TL can't handle the same abuse....
Old 04-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
From Consumer Reports Web Site
April 2006
Manufacturers as they age

Using data from the 2001-2005 surveys, we compared how the vehicle lines from the major manufacturers fared as their vehicles age. We combined manufacturers' problem rates for one-year-old vehicles from each of the five surveys and did the same for two year old vehicles, and so on.

Some key findings:
The Asian manufacturers are more reliable on average, and continue to age more gracefully.
American manufacturers still have not closed the gap between them and the Asians. Ford has been, and continues to be the most reliable among the domestic manufacturers for older vehicles.
The European manufacturers continue to lag behind. Mercedes-Benz has fallen off in recent years.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...s-they-age.htm
That's some great info. So, if I were interested in buying and keeping a car for 7-10 yrs, Japanese would definitely be the way to go. What I find interesting is that BMW is the most reliable European brand. But, even so, BMW's reliability according to that chart is still not as good as the worst Japanese brand (Mazda). And we all know Mazda makes some pretty damn unreliable and problematic cars.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Safety Car

It's kind of odd how things seem to always go to the reliability speach regardless of what the topic is....

Hmmmm, great comeback . This isnt the first time you've had to argue this now, is it? You think you'd get it after being told so many times, by well meaning people that have owned and driven both BMWs and Acuras, that maybe you'd believe some of it. My family only owned either Benz or BMW cars for the past 26 years, and the BMW's didn't hold a candle to the Benzes. We still own a 86 190E, and it runs BEAUTIFULLY. A 1993 560SEL, is holding up better than the interior of the E46 325i my cousin owns. Longevity? Not synomous with my families 85 528e or the 1995 E36 325is both of which we were happy to get rid of after 70k It was all downhill for electronics and interior on those cars. What has convinced you that things have changed? Like I said, you can't ignore this fact, hence it comes back up, time and again.

But go ahead genius, ignore all the reasonable evidence, consumer driven surveys, TSBs, and advice people keep telling you over and over and over about BMW's shorter serviceable lives. Go ahead, keep your hands over your ears, shut your eyes as tight as you can, face the corner, and keep saying "I'm not listening, I'm not listening, I'm not listening...." If it helps even more, make lists of obvious standard equipment (only impressive to the unsophisticated), or create options lists with ever rare items such as "digital compass" (ooohh) or "sunshade" (ahhh) :gheylaugh:. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Speed Freak!

70k miles....

You guys are right, BMW's are such crap. I guess the 230k miles we got out of a 190E and 310k we got out of a 325is is crap also. Or the current one with 100k on it that has had ZERO issues that you guys keep bringing up.....hmmm......odd!?!?!

You guys are right. I am totally seeing the light now and will ONLY buy HONDA from this day forward which still can't take the highspeed abuse (IMO)...
Old 04-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Speed Freak!

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
If it helps even more, make lists of obvious standard equipment (only impressive to the unsophisticated), or create options lists with ever rare items such as "digital compass" (ooohh) or "sunshade" (ahhh) :gheylaugh:. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
So you are still on dial-up then? I guess highspeed is for the unsophisticated...
Old 04-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Safety Car

So you are still on dial-up then? I guess highspeed is for the unsophisticated...
haha, silly troll, you're so easy to tweak for a GREAT comeback:ghey:. I guess you really have nothing to say about reliabilty or standard equipment, but when your argument has nowhere to go, you turn petty snipes. Here I was trying to reason with you, being a former Bimmer owner, but it turns out, you happen to fit the typical prick BMW owner. Better you than I...

High speed, lets just say, 135 is no where near as fun in a Bimmer as it is in a Modena. Let's be frank, at 135, Grandpa Dieter will be passing you on the right. How about an s500 wafting to Las Vegas....135 is nothing but routine. Oh but you keep defending BMW, big guy, more power to you. If you want come here and brag, you better have bigger balls than that.

Oh but I left out Acura/Honda, you say. Evidence about the TL's durability at high speed? http://www.hondanews.com/CatID1000?m...24999&mime=asc
Its not important that it won it class, its important that the engine and drivetrain remained stock. 25 hours of racing, which is more stressful and a pedestrian 135 cruise.

So after 5 pages, here we are with a consumer reports page on reliability, proof of the TLs durability, even evidence from fellow Bimmer owners, and the only thing you have brought is a standard equipment list which highlights, among other things, dynamic stabilty control (something that a hyundai sonata has standard ). Oh and you brought your prickly little attitude to even fellow Bimmer owners (if you truly are a Bimmer owner). Yup, you're the lucky one.

This apparently is going to go nowhere now that we presented all this, and you come back "well garsh, you're on dial-up". Thats real sophisicated. Have fun replying, you've proven nothing.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Pro

Honda did have a stretch of bad transmissions there in the accord and tl, and I can only assume this is to what you refer. The CR data and others back up that overall reliability of the Honda cars is still better (this despite the transmission issues for those years). The data would seem to support your claim of "can't handle speed" or whatnot for those cars with those transmissions of those years, but that's about it. ?

topic change: can I be petty? :-) I can't wait for the 1-series to come out in the us so that I can mock owners of new 3's and m3's about driving a "tarted up" 1 series (much as they mock platform sharing... guess what, the holy BMW is also platform sharing now)
Old 04-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Driver/Detailer

Which BMWs have you previously or currently own(ed)?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by evo_to_tsx
If that is the case (whats underneathe the hood that counts) I'd say go for a Pontiac GTO... 400hp, $33,000
If you pay $33k for a GTO you are a sucker
Old 04-09-2006, 12:16 PM
無限 本田 CL9

Originally Posted by GodMachine
If you pay $33k for a GTO you are a sucker
geez do people not know what does the tomato smiley mean?
Old 04-09-2006, 05:23 PM
TSX4LIFE

I driven or owned most of the cars in question. Here's my ranking:

#1 TL/TSX - everything you want and more for all include price. Good looks, great luxury performance, strong reliability, smooth ride, and low maintenance.

#2 IS250 - good looks, strong low-end torque, awesome reliablity. But it lacks the performance of Honda vehicles.

#3 Infiniti G35 - looks great, nice suspesion, decent reliability, and low maintenance. Interior not as luxuries as Acura, too many option packages.

#4 BMW 3-series - stunning looks, great suspension. Interior is too outdated/European for US customer demands (not user friendly), too many option packages, high maintenance, and of course high price

#5 Audi - wouldn't buy them. Overpriced and high maintenance. Also unrelaible from owners that I have known.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Speed Freak!

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
haha, silly troll, you're so easy to tweak for a GREAT comeback:ghey:. I guess you really have nothing to say about reliabilty or standard equipment, but when your argument has nowhere to go, you turn petty snipes. Here I was trying to reason with you, being a former Bimmer owner, but it turns out, you happen to fit the typical prick BMW owner. Better you than I...

High speed, lets just say, 135 is no where near as fun in a Bimmer as it is in a Modena. Let's be frank, at 135, Grandpa Dieter will be passing you on the right. How about an s500 wafting to Las Vegas....135 is nothing but routine. Oh but you keep defending BMW, big guy, more power to you. If you want come here and brag, you better have bigger balls than that.

Oh but I left out Acura/Honda, you say. Evidence about the TL's durability at high speed? http://www.hondanews.com/CatID1000?m...24999&mime=asc
Its not important that it won it class, its important that the engine and drivetrain remained stock. 25 hours of racing, which is more stressful and a pedestrian 135 cruise.

So after 5 pages, here we are with a consumer reports page on reliability, proof of the TLs durability, even evidence from fellow Bimmer owners, and the only thing you have brought is a standard equipment list which highlights, among other things, dynamic stabilty control (something that a hyundai sonata has standard ). Oh and you brought your prickly little attitude to even fellow Bimmer owners (if you truly are a Bimmer owner). Yup, you're the lucky one.

This apparently is going to go nowhere now that we presented all this, and you come back "well garsh, you're on dial-up". Thats real sophisicated. Have fun replying, you've proven nothing.
How have I been a prick?

135, was not bragging at all. I was simply stating the obvious because if you have been on the autobahn "AT ALL," you would know that there are only a few places that you can even stretch the legs of any of those cars. It has been over crowded for years and the days dreaming of 200+ all day are over. Otherwise you will just be wasting gas as you blast to 180 and back over and over for a slower car (passing a semi, etc..).

Then you post a TL link.... The parts on that car however may be OEM but if you think they weren't massaged for the race, you are clueless. Everything on those cars is balanced, blueprinted, etc....etc....for maximum performance. Don't make it sound as if they just grabbed a motor/tranny off the assembly line and bolted it in....

It will all be okay because I seem to have cast well, as you have stayed for a few replys... Don't forget EVERYTHING you read/see on the internet is true.

Who is next....
Old 04-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03cls5a
#3 Infiniti G35 - looks great, nice suspesion, decent reliability, and low maintenance. Interior not as luxuries as Acura, too many option packages.
I was on the G35 forum & read about A LOT of problems w/those cars. *shrug*
Old 04-10-2006, 01:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GodMachine
I was on the G35 forum & read about A LOT of problems w/those cars. *shrug*
LOL. I frequent the G35, IS300, GS300/430, and TSX forums. Honestly, people complain about A LOT of problems in every single forum. Even the vaunted rock solid Lexus forums have people complaining about all sorts of issues.

I wouldn't gauge reliability and frequency of problems based on internet forums. I think the information posted by LoveMyTSX is pretty good. It shows Honda to be better than Nissan and Toyota to be better than Honda over the long term.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 03cls5a
I driven or owned most of the cars in question. Here's my ranking:

#1 TL/TSX - everything you want and more for all include price. Good looks, great luxury performance, strong reliability, smooth ride, and low maintenance.

#2 IS250 - good looks, strong low-end torque, awesome reliablity. But it lacks the performance of Honda vehicles.

#4 BMW 3-series - stunning looks, great suspension. Interior is too outdated/European for US customer demands (not user friendly), too many option packages, high maintenance, and of course high price

#5 Audi - wouldn't buy them. Overpriced and high maintenance. Also unrelaible from owners that I have known.
An Audi A4 just creamed all of these cars ecept for the Acura's in a test of all wheel drives. Too many people here read consumer reports. reliability is not an issue. I am on my second Audi, an A4, for three years now. No problems at all and everything except for the tires is covered for free. The only thing that I had to bring it in for was the window buttons were starting to wear and they were white underneath. They replaced them with new ones that are now solid black. You get what you pay for. Sure the TSX is a great car for the price, but all things being equal, it is not as good as any of the above mentioned. That is why it costs less. For under 30k and what it comes with though, you can't beat it. You will spend 32-33k on an A3 equipped the same. After sitting in one at my last service I test drove one. I regret buying the TSX and would have settled for a lesser equipped A3 as long as it had sport suspension.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JTC05
Too many people here read consumer reports.
Yeah - silly to get unbiased reliability statistics. It's great that you haven't had trouble with your Audis, but I'd trust Consumer Reports' data over anyone's individual experience, including my own.

Originally Posted by JTC05
You get what you pay for.
It's possible for a car manufacturer to give you more if you pay more, but there's no guarantee that they will.

Did the A4 'cream' the Legacy GT? Maybe if Subaru raises the price, it will be a better purchase for you because 'you get what you pay for'?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Safety Car

It will all be okay because I seem to have cast well, as you have stayed for a few replys... Don't forget EVERYTHING you read/see on the internet is true.

Who is next....

^^So you're a last word freak. Well, be my guest. With startling rebuttals like, "that's not true" or "its from a reputable website, why, you're a liar!" I can't help but enjoy you trip all over yourself coming up with those revelations. And now you've revealed the real, beautiful you, Busa, "casting" your trolling net. Which was my whole point, anyways. So you're right, no point in talking to you anymore.

Oh and don't ask who's next. I'm finished using you, you can go move on now.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenzo
Yeah - silly to get unbiased reliability statistics. It's great that you haven't had trouble with your Audis, but I'd trust Consumer Reports' data over anyone's individual experience, including my own.
Has anyone on this forum ever been asked by consumer reports for there opinion. I haven't. Who are they asking. I will take a reputable car magazines opinion first. they long term test various makes and models all the time. Which brings up the amount their TL spent in the shop over 40,000 miles.

It's possible for a car manufacturer to give you more if you pay more, but there's no guarantee that they will.
Audi has double door seals and laminated glass, better body structure than even the TL and don't forget the free maintenence. They no longer build any model that would be comparable to a TSX. I suppose you would have to go back to a 90's A4.

Did the A4 'cream' the Legacy GT? Maybe if Subaru raises the price, it will be a better purchase for you because 'you get what you pay for'?
Yes, it did. Other than acceleration the Audi was better all around. Only one Editor picked the Subie because he said he could deal with it's cheapness. The Subie finished 3rd behind the BMW's second. For $599. an A4 will cream it in acceleration also. An easy reflash will give it 250hp and 292tq. Let's not go into the big turbo kit. If you want I can show you a video of a street driven FWD GTI running 12.4 in the quarter. That was with the 1.8. Can you imagine what they will be able to do with thw 2.0 with direct injection? Subies are cheap and plasticky. I test drove one to compare against the TSX. No contest the TSX was better and I would take the Audi For a few $ more.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenzo

Have you ever been polled by consumer reports? Has anyone on this site? It is pretty safe to say that someone who buys a cheap car will overlook small problems. They then go unnoticed. Someone who spends more on a luxury brand automatically expects more. As a result every little problem gets reported. You should hear the stuff at the Audi service Dept people will complain about. I would trust a reputable car magazine much more than consumer reports. These guys are auto enthusiasts and will tell it like it is. They also long term test many models and have been doing so for many years. A Legacy GT stickers at $29,400 with no options. You can only get navi with the Auto. Then you are up to $32,620. How much more can you raise the price, and still sell junk. $27,000 for a TSX sounds damn good. You can get an Audi A3 equipped the same with DSG for around $33,000. and an A4 for $35-36k. All are much better quality for the money. Don't forget to throw in Audis free service. How much does Subaru nail you.

Quick Reply: TSX vs TL vs Accord V6 vs IS250 vs A3