TSX A-Spec?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 08:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX A-Spec?

Does such a thing exist? I did a search on google and all i turned up were a-spec "concept" articles from 03 with the same pictures of a blue tsx. The point is, I just bought a TSX sunday and the dealer said it was a-spec, and in fact raised the price 3k. The only two noticeable differences are fog lights and a rear spoiler. The car could be lowered an inch I'm not sure. The brochure the salesman gave me on a-spec only showed the TL and RSX. I think my steering wheel is stock, tires seem to be stock as well, how would I check to see if the suspension is different? I plan on asking the dealer about this (I don't even have the a-spec badges on the inside or outside) when i go to pick up my all-season mats (had to be back ordered). I appreciate any info anyone can give me on this.... it surprised me too when I went shopping for a tsx and the dealer told me this CGP TSX had a-spec enhancements....... for 3k more
Old 05-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy crap, please tell me you're joking right?

If not please post in pics of your car, but it looks like you dealer has been bullshitting you completely.

To my knowledge, there's no such thing as A-spec package for a TSX yet.

Sorry for you dude...

BTW, what dealership is this?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm allergic to bull

No A-spec.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:11 PM
10th Gear

McDaniel's Acura, Columbia, SC. My guess is......... they took some TL a-spec parts and put it on tsx? Oh well i'm going to go find out in a few days it's been bugging me. Here are some pics I took the day I bought it. Doesn't look different at all does it?

Old 05-27-2004, 09:13 PM
w00p!

Your dealer charged you 3k for the rear spoiler, fogs, and the wheels.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:16 PM
10th Gear

Sh** don't tell me that......... argh! Well seeing as how the agreement clearly has written "A-Spec: $3198" I think I can drop back in and negotiate a little ^^; Thanks for your help, just wanted someone else's opinion cuz I didn't wanna seem like a fool for arguing with dealer and no one else around here knows anything about A-Spec or whatnot.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Advanced

i would tear them a new ass hole. It am sorry to say but you got screwed over. I am not sure how much fogs, wheels, and spoiler cost, but i dont think they are worth 3 grand and i am damn sure that u didnt deserve for your dealer to try to screw u over.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

damn! i would go start hell in there man!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm allergic to bull

Before you go, be sure to check out the price for fogs, wheels and spoilers. Nonetheless, your sales gonna tell you the rest is labour cost. One more thing, I don't think the car is lowered = no suspension mods installed.

May I suggest u wait for more opinions? Maybe put up a new thread in rambling forum (where old members hang out most the time). U might need some helpful advice before going back to dealer.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:58 PM
10th Gear

Hmm good idea helicobacter although first I think I'll ask for a breakdown of the 3000. Just out of curiousity that day I asked about the rear spoiler and they told me $600. Aren't my wheels sunburst? If so, they're on the acura website as an option.... $1000, I doubt fog lights are $1400? Let him tell me labour costs, either way this is sposed to be A Spec, and that calls for a-spec badge, inside and outside. Might as well since i hafta go pick up my mats hehe.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Instructor

even if those things end up costing 3k, which i doubt anyway, he was still deceieved by the dealer in the whole "a-spec" talk. man, that's a very shady dealer you dealt with...my advice would be, never to go there again...or at least never talk to that specific salesman again.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:27 PM
10th Gear

I'll definitely go back to talk with the salesman again, he was an elderly figure, very polite and kind (I guess they're all like this when you have money to spend), and probably didn't know what had been done to the car either. As for going to another dealer, there are only 3 Acura dealers in SC, and 2 are owned by McDaniels and only 1 is in Columbia ^^; I'm sure it's a misunderstanding that can be cleared up in half an hour with either some money back or some "enhancements" to my car. Aside from that, though, I'm still extremely satisfied with this car. The only thing I missed out on was Navi since this "A-Spec" TSX was in the dealer showroom and I could negotiate the price a little.... maybe I could get some goodies out of this whole thing.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Dude, Hitokiri, if they won't take the car back or give you something to compensate you, you need to make a scene. That's blatant lying. There is no official TSX A-Spec and for them to do this is false advertising. I wonder if Acura corporate knows about these numb nuts?
Old 05-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Teh seX

i know there is officially no tsx A-Spec as of yet, however the acura of southcoast here in so cali had a tsx with the oem kit, oem spoiler, aftermarket oem rims, eibach pro-kit, fog lights, with the A-SPEC badge and HPP badge on the back...
Old 05-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
False advertising, get a refund.

Ask first next time.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Jewdacris!!

Yeah take a look around at that picture, i would bring that in there, and tell them to make your car look like the picture because thats a a spec, haha
Old 05-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
The A-Spec package also includes the body kit which is not evident in your pic. Also, I believe it includes the titanium trim package for the interior along with a different steering wheel. They just outright lied to you. Your car definitely is not lowered.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:07 AM
04 remembrance

Oh man, what a joke. Not you hitokiri, but the scam. Wow. Hope you can at least get a refund.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm allergic to bull

Ask for body kit or refund
Old 05-28-2004, 10:18 AM
10th Gear

Well guys, I think today regardless of whether they call me or not I'm gonna head over and complain about this, it's kinda been wearing at me more and more. Thanks for everyone's tips, let's see what I can get out of the dealer.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

If the dealership refuses to hear your complaints, don't hesitate to go higher and file complaints. This is pretty outrageous if you ask me.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
That's borderline fraud. A-Spec is an actual term used by Acura to differentiate their models. That's like going to a BMW dealer and buying an M3 but when you get the car they give you a 330Ci with a sport package and some M3 rims. That might be stretching it but I'd be really pissed if I were you.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:43 PM
10th Gear

Lol I called the dealer and talked to the sales manager. I tried to sound a little aggressive (I'm not a very intimidating person) and he kinda just stammered a bit, said the salesman wasn't here, and said "I have to look into that a little more" and hung up pretty hastily. I'm on for an appointment tomorrow >.<
Old 05-28-2004, 12:59 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would raise hell on this one....if they are not going to make this easier, just raise hell. Go there in the on a Saturday and tell them that if this isn't resolved then everyone in the showroom will know about this as well as post it online.

That is wrong in every way considering it is not even close to being an A-spec TSX!

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:17 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Hitokiri_Saitoh
Lol I called the dealer and talked to the sales manager. I tried to sound a little aggressive (I'm not a very intimidating person) and he kinda just stammered a bit, said the salesman wasn't here, and said "I have to look into that a little more" and hung up pretty hastily. I'm on for an appointment tomorrow >.<
You bent over and took it really good huh?

Im sorry to say that I dont feel the least bit sorry for you because you should have done some homework ESPECIALLY w/ a $3k option.

This is typical for a lot of sales guys and dealerships, not just Acuras. Whether its because the sales guy and the dealerships are actually shady or they just that f'n stupid, regardless you should have done some research.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:23 PM
10th Gear

Something like that. I knew all about A-Spec and even asked the salesman about it. I said something along the lines of "I didn't know A-Spec existed for the TSX" and he just gave me an explanation of what a-spec was so I assumed they were telling the truth. Plus, I didn't have much time to shop for a car, went there that day, test drove, purchased. I'm not really worried about what will happen now, there's not really much they can say, but still a bit underhanded (I'm sure SOMEONE knew) and could have walked away 3k richer from someone who cared less.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:08 AM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Something like that. I knew all about A-Spec and even asked the salesman about it. I said something along the lines of "I didn't know A-Spec existed for the TSX" and he just gave me an explanation of what a-spec was so I assumed they were telling the truth. Plus, I didn't have much time to shop for a car, went there that day, test drove, purchased.
If you knew "all about A-Spec" why did u buy his BS? Seeing you believed his answer and paid 3k meant u didnt know jack shit about the A-Spec.

I'm not really worried about what will happen now, there's not really much they can say, but still a bit underhanded (I'm sure SOMEONE knew) and could have walked away 3k richer from someone who cared less. [/B]
What?? What did you mean here? Your English is all f'd. Youre saying youre some spolied rich kid and dont care you got ripped off cause you would have got ripped off anyways.

Its your money, but I can think of much better ways to spend 3K.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Teh seX

here's the pics i took from south coast acura...sorry for the bad quality, didnt take time taking the pictures.

heres the front with the front lip & fog light

i guess this dealership's version of "A-Spec" also comes with the DVD entertainment system..i didnt take a pic of the fold down monitor in the middle..

here's the rear shots with the badges..

here's a shot to see the drop..it has an eibach sticker on the side window so i assume its the eibach pro-kit...

another shot of the front for kicks

ohhh yea this isnt directed at anyone..just felt like putting it out there

Old 05-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Moderator Alumnus

C'mon STC, get off his back, it can happen to anyone to get scammed. Plus, it's not everyone who's talented at buying a car and negociating it from the dealer.

It doesn't mean the dealer can take advantage of this and use fraudulent methods to increase the invoice. If I was Hitokiri, I would already be very ashamed that I got laid that way, so to come out askand tell about this deal probably means he needs help, not bashing.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Stokeless

there is no A spec at this time so that dealer is full of shiet....tell him to go do his reasearch before he tries to lie to a potential customer. Dont get an Aspec you can do all those mods and better for less price even when it does come out
Old 05-29-2004, 09:10 AM
10th Gear

Well guys, that's that. I returned the car. The sales manager was a complete ass. I got the whole door-slammed-in-my-face experience. He was like "Ok i'll get you your check back by monday or whenever, just give me the car now." So finally I just chewed his ass out, demanded an apology, and dude said "I apologize" in the most sarcastic manner ever. I told him I was going to complain to Acura and get this, he says: "I'll just say it was a McDaniel's A-Spec package, I never specified it was an Acura A-Spec, so do whatever you want." That was the last straw.... so I guess I'm through with my TSX and off to look at BMW and infiniti or whatnot ::sigh::.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Stokeless

dont give up on the TSX go get you a new one somewhere else or talk to acura cooperate...shoot you might get one at cost =)
Old 05-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Drifting

Well guys, that's that. I returned the car. The sales manager was a complete ass. I got the whole door-slammed-in-my-face experience. He was like "Ok i'll get you your check back by monday or whenever, just give me the car now." So finally I just chewed his ass out, demanded an apology, and dude said "I apologize" in the most sarcastic manner ever. I told him I was going to complain to Acura and get this, he says: "I'll just say it was a McDaniel's A-Spec package, I never specified it was an Acura A-Spec, so do whatever you want." That was the last straw.... so I guess I'm through with my TSX and off to look at BMW and infiniti or whatnot ::sigh::.
Whoa whoa whoa! You had the right idea in the first place in buying an Acura, just go to a different dealer. And you should absolutely call Acura Customer Service/Corporate. Find out how important you are to them as a customer. Explain you are ready to shop BMW and Infiniti and you want them to make it up to you. What's the worst they can say? Don't hurt yourself by passing on the TSX. It's a great car, you'll be pleased with it.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hitokiri, the guys are right. Don't sacrifice an opportunity to own an excellent car because one dealer decided to be a dick. Try a different dealer. You might like the experience a whole lot more.

Makes me wonder, you guys think we could put together a petition to get Acura to forcibly tell their dealers that placing A-Spec badges on non A-Spec cars would be a big ? I think that doing it is dishonest, especially to potential buyers and experiences like the one Hitokiri had could be trouble for Acura's reputation.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Advanced

oh man that dealership is total bs. dont give up on the tsx man, its a awesome car, dont let the dealership represent what the car is. i really feel sorry for those of you who live in smaller cities where there arent that many car dealerships. here in so. cali los angeles, there are so many acura dealerships within decent distance that the competition kinda forces them to keep themselves in check when it comes to stuff like this. rip off your customers and you wont be in business for long here since theres another acura dealer 20 miles away.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:30 PM
10th Gear

That's what I was thinking. I loved that car while I drove it for the week, but there are only 3 freaking dealers in the state. Either way, I'm putting off buying a car for a while, but first....... time to file a complaint. The dealer shredded all the paperwork and even wants the window sticker back (it says A-Spec on it) but luckily I made copies of everything.... bastards. Thanks for all the help guys, I may have to drive a few hours to look at another Acura, but I'm definitely not giving up on owning a TSX.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Drifting

That's what I was thinking. I loved that car while I drove it for the week, but there are only 3 freaking dealers in the state. Either way, I'm putting off buying a car for a while, but first....... time to file a complaint. The dealer shredded all the paperwork and even wants the window sticker back (it says A-Spec on it) but luckily I made copies of everything.... bastards. Thanks for all the help guys, I may have to drive a few hours to look at another Acura, but I'm definitely not giving up on owning a TSX.
Now that I see that, you probably want to tell Acura that unless they take care of you (because you're so upset), you're going to go to the Attorney General of the State and contact a lawyer who specializes in fraud. But if they can find a way to take care of you (with a different dealer of course), you can find a way to forget about the whole incident. And I'm dead serious.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Teh seX

Originally posted by Jason
Now that I see that, you probably want to tell Acura that unless they take care of you (because you're so upset), you're going to go to the Attorney General of the State and contact a lawyer who specializes in fraud. But if they can find a way to take care of you (with a different dealer of course), you can find a way to forget about the whole incident. And I'm dead serious.