TSX Overrated?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The AT retains it's value much better, at least in the states. This is true for virtually any sedan on the road. The optimal TSX resale value is actually for the AT WITHOUT NAV. I can't recall where I read that, but I think that is the model that retains value best.

Personally, I see that as a non-issue though. If I didn't live in Los Angeles, I'd be driving the manual. you should get what you want to drive, and worry about resale later. Its only going to be a few hundred dollars either direction anyway. Just like with the NAV - I bought it knowing I'd never get my money back for it and I couldn't care less.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
rb1 clear out your inbox, its full

That is all.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dnd2984
YES:

The TSX indeed is overrated.

Pros.
On par luxury interior with all the bells and whistles anyone would ever want
Great handling
Looks fucking awesome.

Cons.
Need more power
to much road noise
to much engine noise in cabin.

We got a TL, TSX, and RSX.

I compared the our 01TL vs the 06 TSX. My 01 TL is still quicker and quiter... The RSX is also quicker...

Again the TSX does have the best features. Bang for the buck TSX hands down.
get rid of most of the road noise with better tires. as for engine noise, i don't hear whatever you're hearing, so i don't know what you're talking about there.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that the TSX is underpower for its class but it still holds its own and the styling in my opinion is far better than most of the competition.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
7th Gear

Recently got my new 06 with Nav for a little more than an Accord V6 would have been. It's not as strong, but for my daily commute it really doesn't make a difference, and the better sound, bluetooth, split rear seats, ipod jack, slightly nicer interior, and better handling made it worth it. True, it's no 3-series, and not even a TL, but for 29k (damn NY taxes) out the door I can't imagine anything that would have beat it.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
VSA Rocks

I think the better question is:

Are the TSX's competitors overrated?

- BMW 325i
- Lexus is250
- Mercedes Benz C230
- Audi 2.0T

ALL of those are just about identical in acceleration at around 10k more. And yeah -- I know we could split hairs over something being .000021 seconds faster, but the bottom line is NONE of them blow the doors off.

Although I know this 'underpowered' complaint gets hashed often, I think many folks forget that Honda/Acura ALWAYS lags behind in that department and they have gone on record saying they don't care.

Remember when the NSX came out? It was 'underpowered' compared to the other Japanese flagships such as the Nissan 300Z, Mitsubishi 3000GT, and Toyota Supra all pushing 300HP+.

10 years after the dust had settled, the NSX sits timeless while the other unbalanced "supercars" went out of style quicker than a mullet with aqua net.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Have camera, will travel

Good post man
Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Race Director

YES:

The TSX indeed is overrated.

Pros.
On par luxury interior with all the bells and whistles anyone would ever want
Great handling
Looks fucking awesome.

Cons.
Need more power
to much road noise
to much engine noise in cabin.

We got a TL, TSX, and RSX.

I compared the our 01TL vs the 06 TSX. My 01 TL is still quicker and quiter... The RSX is also quicker...

Again the TSX does have the best features. Bang for the buck TSX hands down.
Wow, you're a real Acura/Honda enthusist!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
I think the better question is:

Are the TSX's competitors overrated?

- BMW 325i
- Lexus is250
- Mercedes Benz C230
- Audi 2.0T

ALL of those are just about identical in acceleration at around 10k more. And yeah -- I know we could split hairs over something being .000021 seconds faster, but the bottom line is NONE of them blow the doors off.

Although I know this 'underpowered' complaint gets hashed often, I think many folks forget that Honda/Acura ALWAYS lags behind in that department and they have gone on record saying they don't care.

Remember when the NSX came out? It was 'underpowered' compared to the other Japanese flagships such as the Nissan 300Z, Mitsubishi 3000GT, and Toyota Supra all pushing 300HP+.

10 years after the dust had settled, the NSX sits timeless while the other unbalanced "supercars" went out of style quicker than a mullet with aqua net.
i dunno about the supra and the 3000gt, i think a lot of people still love those. i wouldnt call them out of style.

but i agree with your overall point.

i don't think it's over rated in any way. people know what it is. a nice value choice in a sector that doesnt have any. yeah, lexus leather is nicer. yeah, bmw is more of a driving machine. you can spit out all the plusses of the other cars (including the mercedes and the audi), but the bottom line is, thhe acura TSX does each category reasonably well. i don't know if i would say the TSX has the best anything when compared to those cars (except maybe navi and a few other things i'm sure people could point out), but the bottom line is, it has a pretty darn good EVERYTHING, all for 5-10k less. so how is it even possible it's over rated?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bradykp
but the bottom line is, it has a pretty darn good EVERYTHING, all for 5-10k less...
Yup, this is what put me over the edge when I was mulling my purchase. I liked the car despite its few quirks (large turning radius was my main pet peeve), and there weren't many comparably equipped cars anywhere near the price. (The closest was a Jetta GLI... )
Old 03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp

i don't think it's over rated in any way. people know what it is. a nice value choice in a sector that doesnt have any. yeah, lexus leather is nicer. yeah, bmw is more of a driving machine. you can spit out all the plusses of the other cars (including the mercedes and the audi), but the bottom line is, thhe acura TSX does each category reasonably well. i don't know if i would say the TSX has the best anything when compared to those cars (except maybe navi and a few other things i'm sure people could point out), but the bottom line is, it has a pretty darn good EVERYTHING, all for 5-10k less. so how is it even possible it's over rated?

Amen.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
VSA Rocks

Once and for all...

Is the 2nd gen TL-P really quicker (acceleration) than the 6MT TSX? Also, I see tons of stock 2nd-gen TL's in the other forum claiming the TSX is too slow.

I drove my ex-bosses' TL and it felt like a dog -- even in SS mode. My TSX feels like it will take it pretty easy.