TSX obsession..Why??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX obsession..Why??

This isnt right:'(

I figured i took care of my "itch" a year and a half ago by buying an RSX-S. The new car i had before that (89 CRX Si) i loved and kept for over 12 years. So you see, I am not one of those people that buys every 2-3 years if i'm happy. Any other Ex RSX owners out there that are now in a TSX? If so, are you totally happy with your decision or do you miss your RSX??

Why am i so obsessed with this little four door? I cant get it outta my mind!!. Does it make sense ($$$) to trade up so soon?
What are my possible options??

Help
Old 09-19-2003, 10:52 PM
More On

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Didn't have an RSX, but, was a chronic Acura guy -- had an '03 TL-S, which I got in Feb. 2002, and before that, an '88 Legend for 14 years (count 'em). I sort of looked at the RSX before I got the TL-S, also looked at just about everything else at that time.

But nothing did it like the TSX. I couldn't wait to get rid of my TL-S for the TSX, and, no regrets. And even though the new TL seems like it's sweet, it'll have a hard time tearing me away from the TSX.

So, you've got company. But, that doesn't mean you're being reasonable. After all, maybe we're not either.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Banned

Spent about a year looking at cars... but couldn't find one that fit all my needs. I liked the G35 but for the price... I didn't feel it was a good value. I was going to end up getting a 2yo GS300. Then one day I was looking at kbb.com and I saw the TSX and I not only liked the styling... I realized I could get one LOADED for about $25K. Bought one the next day.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Racer

As for me.... I like TSX before it was released. In april when I need a new car, I couldn't afford TSX (got a lot of bills to pay :p). I went with Mazda6 I4 instead. 4 months later, my wife totaled my M6 on hwy(lucky she came out fine). I was thinking about getting another M6 but my wife was psychologically scared with M6. I then told her, if no more M6, only the more expensive TSX will satisfy me.

Here I am. A new TSX owner.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:52 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by ecsw
As for me.... I like TSX before it was released. In april when I need a new car, I couldn't afford TSX (got a lot of bills to pay :p). I went with Mazda6 I4 instead. 4 months later, my wife totaled my M6 on hwy(lucky she came out fine). I was thinking about getting another M6 but my wife was psychologically scared with M6. I then told her, if no more M6, only the more expensive TSX will satisfy me.

Here I am. A new TSX owner.
Same story here, my 2000 accord lease was up in Jan, so I need a new car. As much as I love Honda, the new accord turns me off. So, I went with "the next best sedan", fully loaded Mazda 6i. 3 months later, TSX was out, and I was like . I talked to the dealer, they gave a good deal on trade in, and now I'm a TSX owner.

THE END
Old 09-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Advanced

I owe 4 grand on my Harley still, i guess i will wait until it is paid off and then look out, TSX here i come!!!!! This should only take me around 6 months. By then, hopefully i wont have to wait for what i want either. (5AT, Nav, Red) I am a loyal honda acura guy too and wont bother 'shopping around'; all other car brands are big pieces of shit if you ask me....LOL
Old 09-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: TSX obsession..Why??

Originally posted by Champ
Why am i so obsessed with this little four door? I cant get it outta my mind!!. Does it make sense ($$$) to trade up so soon?
What are my possible options??

Help
I know the feeling. My 13-year-old Accord has only 108,000 miles, and if I were to be rational [ ], I would keep that car because I'm know it will run fine for another--gasp!--13 years.

Being rational isn't always fun, however.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:13 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

I hear ya. I'm not a previous RSX owner, but I just bought a volvo in May'02. It is a good car, minus some small front end issues, but I just had to have the TSX once I saw it.

Its quite an extra chunk of out my wallet each month (vs $0), but I'm ok with that.

-r
Old 09-20-2003, 11:48 PM
More On

Originally posted by idx
"Senior Grasshopper"
I can understand nobody having questions about my "More On," but I don't get nobody wondering about Senior Grasshopper.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:30 AM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Originally posted by larchmont
I can understand nobody having questions about my "More On," but I don't get nobody wondering about Senior Grasshopper.
Hahah, I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. From http://linuxnewbie.org before they were bought by justlinux.com ... The original admin `Sensei` came up with these grasshopper-related rankings.

I don't visit there much anymore.. I need that time to keep up with a-tsx.com .

-r