TSX is not a sports car dammit, get it straight!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by eggbert52
Such an incredibly worthless post I'll bet your fingers will be angry.

I read some posts and wonder..."what was the point?"

But really I would like to know what inspired such a dumb post.

Oh and BEFORE I'm banned for whatever period...am I surprised this was his very first post? Seems to be congruent on any site I see.

Worthless post. I would like to know what inspired you to make such a dumb post yourself.

Self inflicted burn.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking George Carlin...

"Ever notice that anybody driving slower than you is a moron and anybody driving faster than you, is an asshole"
- George Carlin

This is the very reason why I kept the '95 T-Bird almost stock on the outside. Except for the big front brakes, the SC wheels and the Borla exhaust you can't tell there are 400 horses under the hood.

I have had everything from Vette's to Cobra's try and outrun the T-Bird. Usually at a toll plaza or red light. Sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some.

The feeling of dominating a Mustang or Corvette on the race track is...priceless.

http://www.allen-superchargers.com/a...htg/index.html

The link above will take you to the car and the Corvette kill!

A-Train
Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my friend just had a pt cruiser as a rental car and i kid you not every ricey probe, civic, accord, neons and other variations of pieces of shit tried to race that car at every stop light. it was fucking hilllllllllarious
Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
luvs redheads!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i believe if you want a nice TSX without people racing you...well...less dumbasses wanting to i have the belief if you are sitting on some nice wheels and it is properly done such as with VIP style they will know its luxury and looks and will like it etc and not even bother. But if you have big exhaust, spoiler, tint...that nice AEM decal in your window...yeah the guy in the civic thinks he has a chance..

just my two cents.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Guy in an Eclipse wanted to race me today
Loud ass exhaust and everything
Old 11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
East Coast Crew

Some dude in a caravan tried to race me at the stoplight and failed to beat. I was loud as hell with my exhaust....haha
Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Dude in a Dodge minivan raced you ... and you took him up on it ... what, are you desperate?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Here to poke fun at you!

old lady in a buick wanted to race me the other day
tint and an AARP decal on the back window.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Advanced

When people are being especially reckless, for what its worth I take down their lic plate number and report them. Also, there are a number of sites out there where you can report a lic plate number to the state and they'll get a form letter. These sites are mostly to report litter but I'll use them anyway. The punk in the Mustang, I would have reported him as throwing a shit load of trash out of the car. The registered owners of the car (hopefully his parents) would have gotten a polite letter saying if he's caught, $$$$ fine. At the least, it lets them know someone is watching them.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Here to poke fun at you!

Originally Posted by Trip
When people are being especially reckless, for what its worth I take down their lic plate number and report them. Also, there are a number of sites out there where you can report a lic plate number to the state and they'll get a form letter. These sites are mostly to report litter but I'll use them anyway. The punk in the Mustang, I would have reported him as throwing a shit load of trash out of the car. The registered owners of the car (hopefully his parents) would have gotten a polite letter saying if he's caught, $$$$ fine. At the least, it lets them know someone is watching them.
I understand where your coming from but wouldn't that be considered as lying?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
E92

Maybe the end justifies the means
Old 11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Sorry to inform you but the TSX is a sport luxury car
Old 11-05-2007, 08:40 AM

Some user here lambasted me in another thread for asserting that when I see someone actually committing moving violations, I'd call the state troopers, give them a description, tag #, and position/direction, and let them know what I observed. I know from an old pal from the service (not a Trooper in a large, Southern state) that some departments, and some diligent troopers, really do pay attention to these reports and keep an eye out for the vehicle. Making a bona fide, accurate report makes the difference. Just BS'ing or exaggerating gets the report discounted as vindictiveness.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

I would never takes the first step towards helping a traffic cop or state patrolman as long as their motive for fighting crime is firstly collecting funds for their municipality. I can't curse them for being selective in who they do or don't fine, who they do or don't stop, and then turn to them to punish people that piss me off. You're either with us, or you're with the revenue collectors pretending to be policemen.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM

Correction:
Originally Posted by davidspalding
I know from an old pal from the service (now a Trooper in a large, Southern state) ....
Originally Posted by wackura
I would never takes the first step towards helping a traffic cop or state patrolman as long as their motive for fighting crime is firstly collecting funds for their municipality. I can't curse them for being selective in who they do or don't fine, who they do or don't stop, and then turn to them to punish people that piss me off. You're either with us, or you're with the revenue collectors pretending to be policemen.
I appreciate how you feel, but your statement is grossly prejudiced (underlined above). I've never met ANYONE in law enforcement who got into the work "so I can fine people." It's hard work, frequently dangerous, and doesn't pay well. Sure, they have ticket quotas, and special enforcement details on problem areas,... but I can quote dozens of instances where underpaid peace officers were protecting lives, apprehending criminals, and otherwise acting in the best interests of the community.

Putting me in a "you're one of them or you're one of us us" classification (boldface, above) is insulting, and I'll thank you not to do it again. My other sentiments are unprintable.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

You feign outrage with the best of them. I'll be the first to help police catch an actual criminal but I don't believe the way in which traffic laws are enforced has much to do with stopping crime as much as taking people's money.

You even admitted they have ticket quotas, that they punish the public and make our insurance rates go up not to make the roads safe but to earn revenue. Using the police this way undermines our trust in them. The patrolman has a job and they're just doing as they've been told. They have a family to feed and hopes to one day move up in the police department, beyond traffic tax collection. But you have a choice, and you participate in the sharade and willingly enable that shameful system. That makes you worse.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 AM

You feign outrage with the best of them. ... You have a choice, and you participate in the sharade and willingly enable that shameful system. That makes you worse.
Generally online, it's okay to attack ideas, but not the person. Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned

OK let rephrase that you big baby: everyone has a choice, anyone who participates in the sharade, such as certain Acurazine members who will go unnamed, and willingly enables that shameful system is worse than the patrolmen who do so under orders and the threat of losing their career, and assumes greater moral culpability.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Sorry, let me be more clear: I'm just being honest, and my honesty aplies to all people equaly all across the universe. If you perceive my honesty as being an attack against you sepcificly then it's you who is not willing to hear criticism about himself. I criticize your behavior and your choices, not you.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK let rephrase that you big baby: everyone has a choice, anyone who participates in the sharade, such as certain Acurazine members who will go unnamed, and willingly enables that shameful system is worse than the patrolmen who do so under orders and the threat of losing their career, and assumes greater moral culpability.

This has gone far enough. Cut the name calling.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you've given it. This ends here.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Yeah sorry, I wish I only posted the second response and not the first.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Drifting

Your whole opinion is hinged on one very debatable point, that tickets serve only collect money for the issuing municipality.

To launch a personal attack on some one for holding a viewpoint differing from your own when you're whole opinion is so tenuously structured around a point of fact that could be deconstructed in a few sentences, is in a word, foolish.

Glass houses. Stones. So forth.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

I'll debate the point, unfortunately people are too busy being offended to bother themselves.

I believe charging people of all income levels a relatively fixed amount for a speeding ticket, around $150 lets say, punishes poor people disproportionately to rich people even though they might have committed the exact same crime. The solution is to not punish with fines, as fines are inherently unfair, and require some community service instead, without the option of a fine even being possible to ensure that rich and poor people suffer the same for commiting the same crime. But of course that doesn't generate revenue so it's not considered.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
Your whole opinion is hinged on one very debatable point, that tickets serve only collect money for the issuing municipality.

To launch a personal attack on some one for holding a viewpoint differing from your own when you're whole opinion is so tenuously structured around a point of fact that could be deconstructed in a few sentences, is in a word, foolish.

Glass houses. Stones. So forth.
... and back to the thread topic
Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Intermediate

I've had it for 2 weeks and have had about 10 people try to race me. I'm a young guy with my windows down and drives kinda aggressively though

2-1 so far! Mazda 3, ricer Accord. Got my ass handed to me by a 540i though
Old 01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Intermediate

your comments about young kids who drive expensive cars are spoiled is bs. im 20 yrs old and i just got by 08 tsx with my own money with absolutely no help from my parents (who arent rich).
Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Instructor

The TSX is a luxurious sport car To Be Honest.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned

ok i think i remember reading this thread anyway today i was on this highway and a mustang was behind me so i accelerated and he did too.. the weird part was this mustang was loud and had rims idk wat else (of course 2 assholes in the car lol) and he didnt pass me.. i was expected him to beat me badly cuz i was trying to race him thinking that i would get eaten but he didnt even pass me and he was trying to pass me but noticed there was cars so it wasnt lik he wasnt trying to race anyway he pulled up by me at lik 50 mph and had windows down so i took off and it was pretty even cuz he was def prob trying (at least it sounded lik it) then he got off the highway so i just thought it was weird
08 tsx navi
debadged
injencai
greddy evo 2 exhaust
(want hondata reflash
Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Team Owner

^^

Did you even read the title of this thread?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 AM
I can't find my garage

lol
Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 AM
E92

wrong forum bro
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Drifting

Jesus, tsx4life, you need to stop being a moron on the road and spend some more time becoming literate. Your post made me dumber.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Do Work.....

Don't let stupidity of other people get to you. he probably had roid rage and wanted to compensate the fact that he has a small penis by trying to race a Acura sedan.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:19 AM
G2 TSX

Oh gosh, now I see this. You are such a huge TURD. And it's CHARADE, you moron.

Hey everyone, this idiot "wackura" continues to personally attack others when he does not agree with others' views He's been doing this for a while now. Is he unaware of his lack of respect towards others or is he just plain oblivious to his own ignorance??
Old 01-28-2008, 03:35 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ttefabian
The TSX is a luxurious sport car To Be Honest.

Sports Cars, by definition, have 2 doors, 2 seats, a targa or convertable top and drive the rear wheels. Sports cars NEVER have 4 doors, drive the front wheels or seat more than 2 people. Honda S2000, Corvette, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the TSX is a great car, and I am a fan of it (in 6-speed manual form for sure ). I consider it to be a sporty sedan with lots of standard luxury features, fun to drive, economical, reliable, etc. Not a sports car, though.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

um i actually am in the right thread and forum why is everyone saying i posted something dumb? a mustang was behind me kinda trying to race it was dumb of him cuz it sounded lik he had massive amount of hp vs a 4 cylinder but i went at him he didnt pass me i was just telling my story cuz other people were saying that people try to race them in their tsxs too.... watever
Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Nobody has tried to race me...I guess I don't drive aggressive enough or I'm just not that cool.

A friend of mine has a 1991 (or 1990, not sure) Nissan Maxima, and I know the generation Maxima he has was branded a "4DSC" or "4 Door Sports Car." Although it's FWD, it's got some pretty good pickup...maybe Nissan thought made up for it not being RWD (thus them trying to call it a sports car)?

I have to agree though...sports cars have 2 doors and are RWD at the minimum. A rag top and room for no more than 2 is a bonus (although I'd go crazy if I couldn't seat more than one passenger in my car!).

I wouldn't call the TSX a "sports car". I think it's more along the lines of a sporty sedan.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shesh... the weekend of HIN in miami i had a wolfpack of mazdaspeed 3 trying to race me... even trying to box me in...

it seems like mazdaspeed 3 people are like the new neon SRT-4 idiots.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned

mazdaspeed 3 ahh that cars wack looks it too their cars are fasst but the tsx has a lot more classs and more features besides totalling ur car cuz ur racing lik the stupid srt-4s and mazdaspeed 3s
Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdmturtleracin
shesh... the weekend of HIN in miami i had a wolfpack of mazdaspeed 3 trying to race me... even trying to box me in...
Mazdasp3 I'm sure is a great car. As with any kind of car, it is the dumbasses that drive it that gives a car a bad reputation, unfortunately....

Like the classic BMW joke.

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

BMW has pricks on the inside.

Quick Reply: TSX is not a sports car dammit, get it straight!