TSX or Mazda 6s? Both manuals...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:35 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love both the M6 +TSX..
test drived both and i still had a hard time picking my new car...

M6 is definity more sporty and handles a bit better then TSX..
also it is a V6 so it gives you more raw force when you jump at the start line.
and plus I just love the exterior... Very nice

but if you want a more comfortable and luxury car.. TSX is definity the choice..
Interior is definity high class and better then the M6

the features for both cars are almost the same cept M6 doesn't have Xenon..

conclusion is..
i have none @_@;;;
well cept both car is great..
Old 10-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Intermediate

I agree with you chocodai.

It is a tough choice. The M6 is less expensive but probably a bit less reliable and will have a less resale value. Since I really want a navigation system, the decision is easier for me.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:14 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by darth62
I have to disagree with those of you who argue that the M6 is "sportier." In my opinion, there is less body roll and better road handling in the TSX. The only aspect of handling that is really superior in the M6 is the road feel (much better feedback than the numb TSX).

I didnt say the M6 was sportier..I said it felt sportier. This has to do with the great steering, and also the fact that it sits lower to the ground. When you drive it..you feel more of thats sports car feeling. As far as actuall performance...accel and handling will be very close. But feeling...is something else.

My brother has an m6..and I drive my car and his back to back often....and this is the feeling I get. But I also feel like I am stepping down when I sit in the M6. The TSX is definately the nicer car.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In every published comparo between the two, the TSX has done better on the various handling tests.

the M6 offers much more feeback though, and that can make it "feel" like it handles better.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:55 AM
Racer

No matter how u compare it, u have to drive both to really say anything about M6 vs TSX. If you only care about the interior lux, TSX takes it all for sure. Overall, M6 gives a good kick for the money but not calculating the re-selling value.

BTW, I got way more attentions from ppl checking out my M6 than my TSX. :'(
Old 10-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by ecsw
No matter how u compare it, u have to drive both to really say anything about M6 vs TSX. If you only care about the interior lux, TSX takes it all for sure. Overall, M6 gives a good kick for the money but not calculating the re-selling value.

BTW, I got way more attentions from ppl checking out my M6 than my TSX. :'(
Thank you all for your comments. Specially ecsw since you have owned both cars.

Just one comment though. Your own experience was with a 4 cylinder (160HP) Mazda6 AT. I am currently looking for a 6-cylinder (220HP) Mazda6 MT. If you think that you ex-6 gives the TSX a run for its money, I am just wondering what would have been your comments if your ex-6 would have been a 6-cylinder???

Can you also compare both sound systems (unless you didn't have the upgraded Bose)?
Old 10-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Racer

Originally posted by patbrass
Thank you all for your comments. Specially ecsw since you have owned both cars.

Just one comment though. Your own experience was with a 4 cylinder (160HP) Mazda6 AT. I am currently looking for a 6-cylinder (220HP) Mazda6 MT. If you think that you ex-6 gives the TSX a run for its money, I am just wondering what would have been your comments if your ex-6 would have been a 6-cylinder???

Can you also compare both sound systems (unless you didn't have the upgraded Bose)?
Hehehe... Guess some ppl r reading my post.

1st. I am not a HP guy and if there is choice for a smaller engine, I would pick the smaller one (to save money and fuel since I drive more than 100km daily). I know I would be very happy with V6 M6 MT for sure cause it's simply faster, but for me who is 30 and yet has family, power is not all that important.

For V6 M6 MT to TSX, I think u will have to decide whether u want the power and acceration of the car or if u want to balance it with a little less power yet more lux interior TSX. For fully loaded V6 M6 MT is still about $2000cdn cheaper. (mine to TSX is $7000 cdn difference) Again, M6's handling feeling for me is about the same to TSX if not better, but again it's just my personal experience.

I didn't have the upgrade for BOSE on M6. My TSX's audio system is WAY better than M6 non-BOSE for sure. However, for BOSE upgrade, I heard many ppl complain the rattle on the door from Mazda6Club forum. You should also check this over in Mazda6club forum.

TSX is a great car for sure, but u pay for the price. M6 is a bargain. After all, Mazda6 didn't get that many rewards form all around the world for nothing. If Honda/Acura lower down TSX's price just about US$1000~2000 more, Mazda6 will be in trouble IMO. (well, so is Accord)