TSX and the G35S

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan Briggs
You are comparing a FWD and RWD car and most prefer one over the other for subjective reasons.

I drive a BMW 530i, TL Type S and a TSX. The BMW has the best overall handling, yet is very bad on snow and ice, the TL Type S is best overall car while the TSX is the most engaging to drive. And that just my opinion. I wonder what best car means. I wish more cars were like the TSX which has great overall balance - not too heavy, not too light, not too hard, not too soft, not too cheap, not too expensive, not too simple, not too complex, not too small, not too big....... just right. I hope they produce a lightweight AWD version of this type of car someday which drives more or less like the TSX where that would be a real improvement.
Lol, love how you described it. That's why I love my TSX too.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Instructor

I drove my neighbors g35-s and when i got back into my car i really missed the power of the g. Stock exhaust note is also very nice. The tsx is a GREAT car but I will eventually trade it in for something more powerfull.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan Briggs
You are comparing a FWD and RWD car and most prefer one over the other for subjective reasons.

I drive a BMW 530i, TL Type S and a TSX. The BMW has the best overall handling, yet is very bad on snow and ice, the TL Type S is best overall car while the TSX is the most engaging to drive. And that just my opinion. I wonder what best car means. I wish more cars were like the TSX which has great overall balance - not too heavy, not too light, not too hard, not too soft, not too cheap, not too expensive, not too simple, not too complex, not too small, not too big....... just right. I hope they produce a lightweight AWD version of this type of car someday which drives more or less like the TSX where that would be a real improvement.
Great description. Its tough to describe something as nuanced and multidimensional as balance when describing a car as a total package. That's kinda why it still can get compared to everything from WRXs and G35s....there something there for everyone to latch onto and/or compare it to.

If the AWD package could be a light as possible, i wouldn't mind seeing them try. But the TSX is most likely the best handling FWD sports sedan as is.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:00 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
Honestly g35 interior still makes me sad becasue how is honda and toyota in the lower ends outdoing the interior of infinity....

I mean acura and lexus should defintely be luxary, but now honda and toyota camry even have nicer interior layouts than nissan and infinity. Just my two cents. I would have got a g35 before the tsx, but i sat in almost every year even the new one and i'm still sadden that it feels like garbage.

My brother wants to get an altima coupe, and i still feel like the car is a bit tacky. I'm not happy with most nissans interior, their cars are pretty nice look, like the new altimas and their tail lights even when you jump to infinity the g35 and m45 ares nice, they redesign the g35 sedan and it looks great.

But everyday i'm inside loving my cars interior, even if the trim is cheap looking its still nicely done and well put out. Getting into a g35 all those tacky cheap plastic makes me feel like im in a lowend car when i sit in it.

Driving is a different story, but i rather pick a nice interior over an overplayed name g35.
If i want speed i would sell my tsx in a heartbeat for a faster car.

I dont know what the hell the above meant... So I am going to ignore it...

I think you guys are comparing the older G35s. I am talking about the new 07 sedan, which by the way, runs a 13.9 second quarter mile. As far as the interior, you should see one in person rather than looking at internet pictures. It is far from plastic. Much better use of space than the Acuras in my opinion. There is a huge gap between the nav unit and the shifter area in the Acura!

Anyways, we decided to go with an 06 BMW instead of the Acura. The price was basically the same thing, certified, and a much more solid ride. I think I might have a 335 bug now!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
VSA Rocks

^^ I'm assuming you bought a CPO 3-series. Which model did you get? 328i?

The handling is superb on the new 3. I'd have to agree with all the hype when I was considering buying one a month ago.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
8th Gear

It sounds like the author of this thread is really really trying to make himself feel better about having a TSX. Anybody that has an inferior car will always try to make themselves feel better about having that car by knocking down higher class cars like the G35.

My wife and I have a G35 and a TSX. I cant stand driving the TSX cause there is no power. I push on the gas and the car just whines. The G's power makes driving so much easier and not feel like such a chore.

Dont get me wrong, I am not bashing on the TSX. My wife and I love our TSX, and it is the perfect car for her cause its nice, comfortable, packed with features, and safe. But to try to compare it to a G35 is like comparing an altima with a TSX and saying the Altima is better.

Personally, I think the author just cant afford a better car. Whatever gets you through the day.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by ck600sl
It sounds like the author of this thread is really really trying to make himself feel better about having a TSX. Anybody that has an inferior car will always try to make themselves feel better about having that car by knocking down higher class cars like the G35.

My wife and I have a G35 and a TSX. I cant stand driving the TSX cause there is no power. I push on the gas and the car just whines. The G's power makes driving so much easier and not feel like such a chore.

Dont get me wrong, I am not bashing on the TSX. My wife and I love our TSX, and it is the perfect car for her cause its nice, comfortable, packed with features, and safe. But to try to compare it to a G35 is like comparing an altima with a TSX and saying the Altima is better.

Personally, I think the author just cant afford a better car. Whatever gets you through the day.
You're justifying your ridiculous opinion by claiming that I can't afford a better car? That's rich...

EDIT: And clearly you missed the part about where I am also looking at a 335i, so if you're thinking I can't afford a better car, perhaps your thinking cap wasn't on tight enough.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You're justifying your ridiculous opinion by claiming that I can't afford a better car? That's rich...
I guess it gets him through the day.....
Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Audi Driving Snob

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

EDIT: And clearly you missed the part about where I am also looking at a 335i, so if you're thinking I can't afford a better car, perhaps your thinking cap wasn't on tight enough.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:57 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
If there's one thing I've learned around here is that CG is one hard SOB to impress when it comes to cars. I don't think I've ever read a favorably review from him on anything he's test drove.

So I know its not about the money. I guess you can call him picky.

I'd bet a paycheck he'd have negatives after stepping out of an F430 Scuderia.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
If there's one thing I've learned around here is that CG is one hard SOB to impress when it comes to cars. I don't think I've ever read a favorably review from him on anything he's test drove.

So I know its not about the money. I guess you can call him picky.

I'd bet a paycheck he'd have negatives after stepping out of an F430 Scuderia.
Hey now...I always write nice things about the cars I test drive, sometimes there are just very few of them to write about...

And quite honestly, the only cars that I have driven to date that have impressed me enough to have me wanting are all well outside my price range (think $100k+ USD). Even these vaunted cars are not without issues of their own as I have come to discover, no car is perfect, not even the hyper cars.

Quite honestly, I am waiting for the day that I can afford to not just buy a car, but build my own car exactly to my specifications, exactly how I want it. Only then will there ever be a car I can own without having something negative to say about it.