TSX color combination & spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003 | 11:05 PM
6th Gear

TSX color combination & spoilers

I just had my first chance to test drive the TSX (6m) today. I'm scheduled to test drive the G35 6m coupe tomorrow, but it's going to be difficult to keep an open mind after driving the TSX!

I have a few qustions about color combinations and options on the TSX. Unfortunately, the dealer didn't have anything on the lot with the things I'm considering, so I wasn't able to get an idea of how they'd actually look. I'm hoping some of the folks on this group may be able to offer advice based on first-hand experience.

The color I liked best (based on samples in the dealer's options book) was the Metor Silver Metalic. This only comes with the Quartz-colored interior. The sales person showed me what he said is a close color in the interior of one of Aucura's SUVs. It seemed bluish grey--looking somewhat plastic to me and not as elegant as the parchment inteior (black exterior) in the car I test drove. The Quarty color swatch in the sample catalogue seemed darker, a look I prefer. (Ideally, I'd pick ebony with the silver if that combination was avaiable.) Does anyone have, or has anyone seen, the Metor Silver/Quartz combination? What's your opinion?

Second, to dress up the car a bit, I'm considering adding the fog lights; side, rear and fron under body spoilers (but not the rear deck spoiler); and the "star" polished rims. Does anyone have this combination? How does it look?

Thanks for any and all advice.
Old 08-02-2003 | 11:09 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

heres some1's metor silver metalic http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=1135
Old 08-02-2003 | 11:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Updated your thread title to say "TSX" instead of "RSX"

Also - here are some pics of Meteor silver with quartz that I had:

Old 08-02-2003 | 11:32 PM
Instructor

I saw a MSM/Quartz up close at a dealership and I have to say that MSM is a sweet color, very unique looking. It's probably my second choice next to Arctic Blue Pearl. The Quartz interior is great, too IMHO. But my previous car had a grey interior and I wanted something different (Ebony).
Old 08-05-2003 | 12:32 AM
Advanced

I personally like my MSM / Quartz combo. Black exterior is too high maintenance for me, and black (inside or out) gets too hot in the sun for me. MSM is a powder blue metallic that shimmers in direct sunlight. Very rare color on the road...another reason why I chose it over black, white and CG.

MSM received mixed reviews from friends and family...either loved it or guys thought it looked too "pretty" for their taste.