TSX for 2.5 weeks, 1600+ miles - rattles starting already

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003 | 10:49 AM
Intermediate

TSX for 2.5 weeks, 1600+ miles - rattles starting already

Well... I have had my new TSX for 2.5 weeks and have over 1600 miles on it.... and just this morning on my way into work I started hearing small little rattles in both the driver side and passenger side doors.... I thought maybe it was just the bass tone from the radio as that some times creates a little buzz... so I turned off the radio and the buzz or rattle continued...

It was nothing to annoying yet... and only seemed to happen when I was driving over parts of the road which seemed to be a rougher than the rest...

These buzz's... do they begin to become louder as time goes by or will it stay about the same?
Old 10-01-2003 | 11:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: TSX for 2.5 weeks, 1600+ miles - rattles starting already

Originally posted by EeryEleven
Well... I have had my new TSX for 2.5 weeks and have over 1600 miles on it.... and just this morning on my way into work I started hearing small little rattles in both the driver side and passenger side doors.... I thought maybe it was just the bass tone from the radio as that some times creates a little buzz... so I turned off the radio and the buzz or rattle continued...

It was nothing to annoying yet... and only seemed to happen when I was driving over parts of the road which seemed to be a rougher than the rest...

These buzz's... do they begin to become louder as time goes by or will it stay about the same?
mine have stayed the same and I'm at 5k.
Old 10-01-2003 | 12:28 PM
Advanced

These buzzes have been mentioned quite a bit on this site. Some people have found that if you just give a quick click down on the window, without opening the window so much that you hear wind, it presses the window ever so slightly against the inside door panel, and this stops the buzzing/rattling. Usually, I just click the window back up after a little bit, and the buzzing is still gone.

I've noticed that it's actually the inside rubber strip (or maybe the window itself, vibrating at a fairly high frequency against the window which causes the buzzing. I could tell because I saw little pieces of dust dancing at the bottom of the window where the rubber meets.

Also, some have noticed that it happens intermittently, suggesting that perhaps temperature has some affect. I think this may be true, when it's hotter, the rubber stripping probably expands or becomes a little stickier, just enough so that the rubber is more firmly pressed against the window, so that's it's not vibrating/buzzing against the window.

My guess is that someone will eventually think of a permanent solution for this particularl buzz soon. Don't know what to say, if it's other rattles inside your door panel

As for the passenger door, it could be the rubber stripping / window too, but in my TSX I noticed that the piece of rubber that sits inside and at the bottom of the door handle, just literally sits there. You can pick it out with your fingers. I found that it vibrates/buzzes a little, especially with bassy music.

How long these rattles last, I don't know, I have less than 1,300 miles on my baby. In the meantime, I'll try whatever I can to help find a solution(s).
Old 10-01-2003 | 12:52 PM
Intermediate

I did remember reading about the window fixed and tried it.. but the rattle was still there...

so strange... hopefully it will get figured out...
Old 10-01-2003 | 12:55 PM
9th Gear

DOOR VIBRATION-> 2 weeks old and 400 miles. I get a vibration/light buzzing sound in the driver's door at highway speeds that is quite annoying. I do not know the cause or exactly where the buzzing is originating from. Any solutions I should suggest to the dealer when I take my TSX in for repairs?

WIND/OUTSIDE NOISE -> Wind/outside noise from the drivers door at highway speeds (and even at lower speeds like 40 mph) is prevalent and relatively loud for a new car. Much lounder than my 13 yr old Integra and my parents '03 Accord EX.