Trying to decide on a color for a new TSX: Question for PWP owners!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Mmmm... tasty.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to decide on a color for a new TSX: Question for PWP owners!

Hi all,

Well, my fiancee and I have been racking our brains over what color to get for our new TSX. The problem is... all the colors look so damn nice. We're kinda torn right now between Carbon Grey, Premium White Pearl, and Meteor Silver Metallic.

We really like the idea of having the ebony interior, but the PWP just looks so nice overall. I heard (from a dealer) that the Parchment color interior gets really dirty easily. Is that true?

For those PWP owners: How often do you need to clean the interior? Do the floor mats get all nasty looking real fast?

Also: how does the wood trim compare to the silver trim inside? My closest dealer doesn't have a PWP on the lot, so I've never been able to check it out.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My interier stays fairly clean but I'm almost obsessively careful with it. The bottom of the drivers seat picks up scuff marks from your shoes when you get in although they are relatively easy to clean up. Overall I've had no problems. The simulated wood does look a little plasticy but its much better than other brands. I just love the parchment interior because it looks more classy. The other interiors with the aluminum trim look more sporty. Also, the PWP color is great. I love the way it changes shades depending on whether its sunny, overcast, or nighttime. And, it tends to stay cooler on hot days and doesn't show as much dirt as you would think. If you pick up swirl marks in the clearcoat they tend to show more on darker colors as well. Congrats on your choice of the TSX.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Instructor

I have a parchement interior in my tsx. It does get dirty, especially in the winter, but I love it, glad I have it. Im obsessed with keeping it clean, so its not too bad. Also, I recently had my windows tinted, and found that the little footprints and such on the mats aren't really noticable anymore.

Congrats on your choice, its a great car, and im sure you'll love it.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Baka Unco

Those were the exact same color choices my fiance and I were looking at. . . We ended up with the PWP. I'm very glad we did. Like jlukja said certain spots are more prone to pick up easily removable scuff marks. Most other dirt/marks on the seats can be eaily removed (so far).

As far as the floor mats go, we've got the "all weather" mats so getting them dirty isn't an issue. I don't think it's been any harder to keep the interior clean. The dust shows alot more on the black parts of the interior than on the parchment parts.

Also just as jlukja said, the outside is actually easier to keep clean than darker colors. And again as jlukja mentioned the color does change in different lighting, seems to me to be about three different shades of white. At the extreme ends (color-wise) it's got a slight taupe tint and sometimes it's totally white.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey corbs, nice avatar.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by jlukja
Hey corbs, nice avatar.
Thanks, it's not exactly original, but I like it.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:19 PM
! deadmau5 !

FWIW, the PWP was never an issue for us -- the trade-in was white, and I'd schooled my wife on the ease of touchiing up the little paint nicks with white vs. any other color. Though PWP is pretty off-white, and the mica in the base coat isn't as easy to touch up as an opaque paint.

We've notice that bugs on the front tend to stand out quite a bit, so this is an incentive to wash the car more often.

The "plood" interior is tastefully done and we eventually got the 9-piece Acura kit to complete the look. Don't waste time on 3rd-party plood -- check for threads on this. The light interior is easy to maintain, but you might want to close your sunroof more often to avoid collecting dust.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Mmmm... tasty.

Hey, thanks for the info guys. Decisions, decisions...
Old 06-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Advanced

i have the pwp also and i gotta say i love it. i too am obsessively careful keeping the interior clean but so far its relatively spotless. i wasnt a fan of the wood trim at first but i did like the parchment and now i feel as if the wood trim fits right in with the parchment. the silver trim with the black interior does look very nice but the way i imagine the silver trim looking in a parchment interior says foogly all over it
Old 06-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I just got the PWP with Parchment 2 weeks ago. I wasn't super thrilled with the parchment/wood, but i ruled out all exterior colors other than PWP (it is so hot here, dark colors are pretty much out) so I was kinda "stuck" with the parchment interior. Once I got it, my reservations disappeared and I am really happy with it. The interior might be harder to keep clean, but the exterior is easier...
Old 06-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Instructor

I have the PWP, it is my favorite after one year of seeing all the others
on the road. Besides the beauty, I think it makes the car look larger.

The pearl explodes in the sun. I keep a jug of Amoral
leather wipes in the car and wipe down the seats at least once a week.
I keep a microfiber cloth in the storage box to dust off the dash.

I haven't vaccumed the floor much. I have a nicely matching set of aftermkt
floor mats on top of the factory mats. In fact I've already replaced them
once, in 10 months.

When you get your car, clay bar it with Mother's brand and wax frequently
with Liquid Glass or Zaino. Build up the wax when the car is new. Wax inside the
door jams and painted surfaces under trunk and hood lids.
Clay bar before the first wax, it really improves the performance of the wax.
The finish will feal like butter and dirt
will just flush off when washing.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Get a birdshit color, because as soon as I wash my TSX a bird shits on it.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:26 PM
The Voice of Reason

Originally Posted by McGriddle
Hi all,

Well, my fiancee and I have been racking our brains over what color to get for our new TSX. The problem is... all the colors look so damn nice. We're kinda torn right now between Carbon Grey, Premium White Pearl, and Meteor Silver Metallic.

We really like the idea of having the ebony interior, but the PWP just looks so nice overall. I heard (from a dealer) that the Parchment color interior gets really dirty easily. Is that true?

For those PWP owners: How often do you need to clean the interior? Do the floor mats get all nasty looking real fast?

Also: how does the wood trim compare to the silver trim inside? My closest dealer doesn't have a PWP on the lot, so I've never been able to check it out.

Thanks.
I've been driving cars with white exteriors and parchment-sand-tan interiors for years. (White is cooler, safer and - usually - easier to touch up.) It was never my intention to choose that as the interior color, that's just the way the cars were equipped. Doesn't usually show much dirt, but that's the natural tone of the dirt in my area. The factory TSX carpeted mats are very high quality, almost too high quality for a car, IMO. So I have the rubber winter mats and I've decided to leave them in for all-year use. I'm impressed with the "plood" trim, and I've suggested before that Honda uses it instead of organic wood because they believe they can manufacture a higher quality of wood than a tree can. The TSX white and the red are three part paint processes, the other colors are two so this isn't the easiest car in the world to touch up paint chips on. I have the 3M stoneshields (aka "clear bra") applied over the leading edges of the hood and fenders and on the mirrors.