"Todays Destinations" tip

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:32 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
"Todays Destinations" tip

I posted this in the FAQ forum, but there are like 2 people in there and I wanted to share the wealth so here you go.

Somebody asked in the RL forum about adding addresses while you are in route to multiple destinations using the Todays Destinations feature, so I played around with the navi a little and came up with this. If you are a user of "Todays Destinations" and want to add addresses to the already entered ones while you are in route, these are the instructions:

You should be able to do this by hitting the "Menu" button 2 times when you are in route. Hitting the button the second time should bring you to the normal menu screen where you can enter an address, but the previous destinations will not be affected. You can then edit the "Today's destinations" to place the new address where you want it in the sequence.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Quattro in.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have to reenter the address or does it just add it from today's destinations?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:22 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Viking
Do you have to reenter the address or does it just add it from today's destinations?

ummm, maybe i'm not understanding your question. If it is already in today's destinations why would you want to re-enter it there? Obviously if it is not in today's destinations you must enter it there.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
ummm, maybe i'm not understanding your question. If it is already in today's destinations why would you want to re-enter it there? Obviously if it is not in today's destinations you must enter it there.

Hope that helps.
I meant, can you take an address from "Today's Destinations" and simply add it to the "Personal address book" without having to reenter the info. Sometimes I'll use the Navi for directions to a restaurant, from searching through the restaurant category. Is there an easy way to add the restaruant selected without having to manually input the address into the personal address book?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:38 PM
My Garage

I meant, can you take an address from "Today's Destinations" and simply add it to the "Personal address book" without having to reenter the info. Sometimes I'll use the Navi for directions to a restaurant, from searching through the restaurant category. Is there an easy way to add the restaruant selected without having to manually input the address into the personal address book?

I see now

I'm actually not sure of that, but If I had to guess I would say you have to re-enter the information to add it to your personal address section. I don't believe there is a link from today's destinations to personal address. But I could be wrong. I'll try to check on my way home from work if i remember.

The tip I posted allows you to add and sort new addresses to the sequence of destinations if you use the "Today's Destinations" to locate multiple locations in one trip.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Quattro in.....

I misinterpreted your original tip.

Cool, post here if you find out about linking the destinations and address book, I'll do the same if I figure it out, probably won't tinker with the Navi til the weekend though.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Quattro in.....

I misinterpreted your original tip.

Cool, post here if you find out about linking the destinations and address book, I'll do the same if I figure it out, probably won't tinker with the Navi til the weekend though.
Well I couldn't see a link between "Today's Destinations" and the "Personal Address" book, but there is a link for "Previous Destinations." When entering a new address in the Personal address book, edit address and there will be a button for "Previous destinations"

I also found it easier to find/add addresses for restaurants and businesses faster by searching by phone number, this is assuming you have the phone number and it is listed in the Navi's database.

(Address books and Home address info both have the option for PIN protection)