TINTS - which of the two?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TINTS - which of the two?

hi. I have a CG with navi tsx, and i'm dying to get tints. I'm aware that I need to avoid metallic tints.. I've been searching hard in my area for tinters that have experience with the TSX. I found a place in NY that works on TSX's all the time and also installs the felt to prevent scratches. He carries Solar Gard (dye), Llumar(metallic), and Huper Optiks (Ceramic).

I'm looking to get light tints like 30 to 35%. Do you guys think the CG TSX looks good with dark tints (20%)? I'm not too sure about that. Anyway, it comes down to either the Solar Gard - 35% all around or the Huper Optiks ceramic 30. Huper optiks states that the Cermaic 30 version has a visible light transmission of 34% which would make it in line with 35% tints.

Now in the 'photograph gallery' forum. Someone has a PWP with the Huper Optiks Ceramic 40 tints which supposedly has a visible like transmission of 42%. However, the tints in his pic look ultra dark.. They look more like 20 or 25% tints. So i'm scared that the Ceramic 30 would look like 15% or something.

Anyway, the Solar Gard 35% tints will run $250 and the Huper Optiks ceramic 30 will run $450. I'm not sure which one to go with. Any advice.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion i think with darker cars like the carbon grey, you need to have a darker tint for it to really stand out. With lighter cars like silver, you can get away with a lighter tint becasue your comaparing it to the silver. I think 20% would be perfect for the CG as thats what im gonna get a quote on today actually.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Polar Chicken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Solar Gard is a very good tint and will ast the life time of the car, remeber you can get a metalic tint, just not in the back window. I am getting my car done this weejend and I am going semi-dark in the front doors and darker in the back doors and rear glass. I once had a car with the legal limit in the back, and I will caution you now, it is realy hard to see at night, I always ended up backing into parking spots becase you cannot see when you leave. I always feared I would run over some child.
I am going to go grey on mine and I have a CG tsx as well, I will try to post some pics when it is done.