time to decide

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 04:25 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
time to decide

OK, it is now time to make the decision. I started shopping about 6 months ago, looking at the Z, the IS300, the WRX, the TSX, and the Accord V-6 6 speed coupe. I have narrowed the choices down to the TSX and the accord for the following reasons.

The IS300 is a great car, but the cost of ownership is just too much higher, with the cost of the car being 28000 (deal I was offered for 5 speed manual and alcantara w/ lsd), the insurance rates are higher than all the others, and the gas mileage is, in a word, pathetic. I actually prefer the exterior styling, and the alcantara seats are great, the gauges are wonderful, but the rest of the interior seems too cheaply made.

The WRX is a blast to drive, great engine, but lacks the 6th gear and the interior quality is horrible! Plus I just don't know about the reliability of the Scooby.

The Z is just too small for my current needs, and there are so many well documented and frequently complained about problems, although it is the most fun car on my list.

The accord coupe is a wonderful car for the price, if only it handled as well as the TSX.

The TSX offers a degree of refinement unheard of in its price range, a great transmission (manual), plenty of room, good handling, and great gas mileage and insurance costs.

I have been quoted a price of 500 over invoice on the TSX and the accord, and I simply can't pass up on that deal. I have a family connection with Honda and Acura, so they will work with me on price. If they will simply work with me on trade as well, I will go with the TSX, but if my Acura dealership will not give my desired figure on trade, then I know the Honda dealer will.

I hope to have a CGP/Quartz, 6 speed non-navi in my driveway by the end of the month so I can join all you fortunate TSX owners, but if I have to go with the Accord, the TSX will still be a much respected adversary on the highway.