(Thoughts from owners of Glacier Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Thoughts from owners of Glacier Blue

Any regrets or comments. I'm waiting on a carbon grey with Navi, but I wanta go something a bit different. How does the car look when it gets a little dirty? Not too girly is it?

The pics on the sight are great, but they all are. I used to have a Carbon Grey before I made the soon to be correct mistake of trading for a 06 Accord EX v6 6S with navi. I miss the the TSX and Carbon Grey was good to me. Silver and white are just too common for me.

Never seen a Glacier Blue in person. Give me the low down,
Old 02-18-2006, 08:23 PM
BRH
BRH

I almost bought a Glacier Blue Metallic last month, but as I was contemplating finalizing the purchase, that color started looking kind of lavender or ven pinkish to me under certain lighting conditions.

So, at the last minute, I decided on Deep Green Pearl and have not regretted it at all. The DGP was a bit of a compromise, since I wasn't crazy about the parchment interior at first, but I really like it now.

FWIW -- When I finalized the DGP purchase instead of the GBM, the dealer pulled me aside and quietly told me that he agreed with my switch because the GBM is a bit "feminine" (His word).
Old 02-19-2006, 12:35 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by billyho96
Any regrets or comments. I'm waiting on a carbon grey with Navi, but I wanta go something a bit different. How does the car look when it gets a little dirty? Not too girly is it?

The pics on the sight are great, but they all are. I used to have a Carbon Grey before I made the soon to be correct mistake of trading for a 06 Accord EX v6 6S with navi. I miss the the TSX and Carbon Grey was good to me. Silver and white are just too common for me.

Never seen a Glacier Blue in person. Give me the low down,
Are you asking what the color glacier blue looks like? I've seen it (and have ordered one that will arrive when hell freezes over which won't be soon with glowball warming and all)? In decreased light it's like the color of the TSX on the cover of the 2006 Acura TSX brochure. A definite light metallic blue. With greater light intensity it gets a bit more silver looking but IN MY OPINION it's still a nice blue.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As jmon said, GBM changes color based on the light. I was ready to order it until I saw one at the dealer. In the sun, it is a cool light blue/silver/grey color and when the sun goes down or under street lamps it is a steel blue color. The brochure accurately shows the color changes based on the amount of natural light. It is a really cool and rare color, but didn't like the steel blue shade personally so I went with another color. I didn't think it was a feminine blue either. Meteor Silver would be more feminine as it was a baby blue shade.

What do you think of the Carbon Bronze paint? My parents just got that color and I haven't seen it yet.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought a GBM, no regets, and not feminine. As mentioned in a previous post, a woman I work with called it a "babe magnet." I agree with the last two posts regarding color changes and it being a really good color.

I too, wanted something other than the common silver or white and also hold up to dirt well. I live in New England and GBM doesn't show the dirt as much as a dark color.

I had seen GBM only once before placing my order (wanted ebony interior the car on the lot had gray). After I placed my order I was worried because some other light blue cars (non-Acura) look kind of feminine...more of a powder blue. The VW Jetta for example. When I went to pick up my car three weeks later, I was completely happy. Not feminine, just totally gorgeous!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought GBM looked a lot like the old MSM (Meteor Silver Metallic).

Any truth to this?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought GBM looked a lot like the old MSM (Meteor Silver Metallic).

Any truth to this?
GBM replaced MSM; they are not the same. I saw MSM on an RL recently and it to me it, had more of a robin's egg blue.