Thoughts... Duncan Acura service dept.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Thoughts... Duncan Acura service dept.

I just want to say that Duncan Acura in Roanoke, VA has a service department that other dealers can learn from.
I scheduled an appointment 3 weeks ago to drop off my 05 TSX w/ 19k miles for service on Saturday May 5th. Upon arrival my loaner was there waiting for me; an 07 RDX Tech . I walked into the service department and went over the list of things I had emailed them about that I wanted done and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. The list is as follows:
Fuel pump relay recall
Headlight condensation recall
Sunroof lube
VA state inspection
Discolored console button (explained in this thread a while back: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32946)
Windshield wiper replacement
Tire rotation
and also asked them to check brake vibration/shimmy at interstate speeds.

So a week of fun with the RDX goes by...

Friday afternoon I received a call and was told my car was ready to pick up. I asked if everything had been done that I had asked and they explained to me that every issue was taken care of. When I asked for the total bill, it was $only 63 and change! I was really surprised because I was prepared to pay for the brake job they had done, but the service manager said that the rotors were defective so they replaced them under warranty. To top it all off, they replaced the front brake pads for free too because "it wouldn't be right" to replace the rotors and not replace the pads (something about wear issues).

While I did not buy my car from them (bought the car used), I am extremely happy and satisfied with their service department; I would definitely recommend them to anyone (they service Audi's as well). It's not very often that you are treated so professionally well from anyone, especially when you're 24. This visit made the second time that Duncan Acura service dept has really impressed me. I just wanted to share my thoughts with others and give them a little bit of word-of-mouth advertising.

And here's a breakdown of the bill:
State inspection: $16
Wipers: $14.46
Wiper installation: $13.95
Tire rotation: $18
Car wash (no swirls!) and vacuum: free
Brakes: free
Tax: $0.72
Total: $63.13 + 1 happy camper (figure of speech, I hate camping)
Old 05-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll keep this in mind since I'm moving to Blacksburg in 2 weeks
Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Jesus, your state inspection is only $16?! In NJ, it's $60 at all the independent places I've seen (anywhere besides the state's own inspection facilities!) Wow.

Anyway, glad you found a good dealership. I've not had a problem with mine in 2 years, either. There are some closer, but I stick with what I know works for me.