Thinking of changing vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Thinking of changing vehicles

Hey im new here and I have an 04 RSX-S in SSM and im thnking of a buying a TSX. I kinda had to have a car to due to unforseen circumstances in early January and I jumped into this car. I feel its a little small and cramped. I went to the Houston Auto show this morning and fell in love with the Carbon colored TSX without navi. Only few concerns are the power and build quality. I came from a 3.0 CL before my RSX-S so I had a little torque but this thing has none, does the 2.4 push this car down the road well? Also I have 7000 miles on my car and I already have rattles, does this effect the TSX as well? Thanks for any input that can be given.

Most important how does everybody like their TSX's?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love driving my TSX, it handles like a dream. The acceleration is not spectacular, but for a 4 cylinder, it does really well. For me, I'd much rather have spectacular handling than bunches of power, so the TSX suits me well in that regard. I had a few rattles at first, but they seem to have subsided.

Having said that, if I had to do it over again and I knew about the absolutely horrible Acura warranty service I've received, I would NEVER have bought the TSX. I've described my experience in the "center console light" thread in the Car Problems section of acura-tsx.com. I won't describe it all again here, but basically, my car has been broken now for more than 2 weeks and there is no word on when the part needed to fix it will be there from Japan. I've been lied to, both at the dealership and by the Acura Client Service 1-800 line. When I called corporate Acura, I was told that a case manager would call me back within 2-3 days. On the third day, when no one had called me, I had to call them back and even then, I had to beg and plead to speak to a supervisor who could even give me basic information about what was going on with the part needed to fix my car. I was told by the Acura Client Services supervisor that the case manager assigned to my problem would call me the next Monday. Of course, he has not called me; I have yet to talk directly to the case manager. (I originally called corporate Acura 11 days ago and again 8 days ago). The worst part is that the people I've been dealing with to try to get my car fixed do not call you back when they tell you they will, the part is not here when they tell you it will be, etc etc. If you want horrible warranty service, buy a TSX (at least that has been my experience).

Under my state's law, if a car manufacturer can not produce the part needed to fix a car within 30 days, a lemon law claim can be made by the consumer. Today is day 16 for me, so I'm over half way. I will most definitely file such a claim on day 30 if Acura doesn't get my car fixed by then.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

I love driving my TSX, it handles like a dream. The acceleration is not spectacular, but for a 4 cylinder, it does really well. For me, I'd much rather have spectacular handling than bunches of power, so the TSX suits me well in that regard. I had a few rattles at first, but they seem to have subsided.

Having said that, if I had to do it over again and I knew about the absolutely horrible Acura warranty service I've received, I would NEVER have bought the TSX. I've described my experience in the "center console light" thread in the Car Problems section of acura-tsx.com. I won't describe it all again here, but basically, my car has been broken now for more than 2 weeks and there is no word on when the part needed to fix it will be there from Japan. I've been lied to, both at the dealership and by the Acura Client Service 1-800 line. When I called corporate Acura, I was told that a case manager would call me back within 2-3 days. On the third day, when no one had called me, I had to call them back and even then, I had to beg and plead to speak to a supervisor who could even give me basic information about what was going on with the part needed to fix my car. I was told by the Acura Client Services supervisor that the case manager assigned to my problem would call me the next Monday. Of course, he has not called me; I have yet to talk directly to the case manager. (I originally called corporate Acura 11 days ago and again 8 days ago). The worst part is that the people I've been dealing with to try to get my car fixed do not call you back when they tell you they will, the part is not here when they tell you it will be, etc etc. If you want horrible warranty service, buy a TSX (at least that has been my experience).

Under my state's law, if a car manufacturer can not produce the part needed to fix a car within 30 days, a lemon law claim can be made by the consumer. Today is day 16 for me, so I'm over half way. I will most definitely file such a claim on day 30 if Acura doesn't get my car fixed by then.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Orangeblood

I've had mine a week. Rattle free thus far. Wonderful car. Build seems solid as a rock (knock on plastic). Handles like a slot car.

Just excellent roadmobile.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Intermediate

Hi gdubb...I too have an RSX-S an 02 and am thinking of getting a TSX. My RSX has been trouble free,has great pull and acceleration.
But to be honest the threads concerning problems with the TSX have me concerned....very concerned. An 05 TSX is my goal so time will tell.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Über Geek

gdubb & Johnny:
Keep reading through old posts and you'll see that, yes, there are some problems with rattles and minor glitches. You'll ALSO read that as an enthusiast forum we are the squeakiest wheels.

Since we appreciate cars more, we're more likely to speak up about ANYthing that's not perfect.

I love my TSX. I'd like more torque but I may fix that with mods. No rattles, no real problems. It's not perfect in a few ways but it's great in many more.

If you get one (and I highly recommend it) know that are some trade-offs and enjoy.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:05 AM

Thanks for all the replys given.... My RSX was vandelized last night but I will be looking at these cars this week.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Master in Science

Originally posted by gdubb
Thanks for all the replys given.... My RSX was vandelized last night but I will be looking at these cars this week.

Damn! That sucks.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:11 AM
6MT Snob

Originally posted by gdubb
[B]Thanks for all the replys given.... My RSX was vandelized last night but I will be looking at these cars this week.
Well at least the tint prevented you from having thousands of glass shards inside your car. My old saturn had its window broken when they stole the stereo and I was finding glass 2 years later.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:14 PM

Bump for any more opinons that can be given. Thanks!!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This thread should just about cover it: http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=7775

The RSX-S is a faster car but the TSX is much more refined. It seems to really shine once it's out in the open stretches or when you want to pass someone on the freeway. The twisties are great too with the tight suspension and responsive steering.