Thinking of buying TSX but have concerns - Convince me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kristie73
WOW! This message board is fun! :gheyhug: Thanks again for all the replies. I think I'm convinced to go purchase the TSX. I did test drive it and I do love it! I just wanted to be sure there wasn't something else to consider. I don't have a bluetooth phone, but the fact that it's available in the 06 makes it a nice to have feature. I think I'm going to save the $$ and go without the navigation. I think it would be really cool though. I like the Royal Blue color with Ebony leather.

Didn't you see my pic? The avatar? :wink:
NONONONONO, get the nav. You'll be sorry if you don't...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing that wasn't mentioned back along with the folding back seat...With one child, and therefore one child seat presumably permanently installed in the back seat, the split folding seat becomes a priceless feature. Some other cars have an unsplit folding seat (while many don't fold at all) which are defeated once you put anything in the back seat.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
NONONONONO, get the nav. You'll be sorry if you don't...
People often forget that the navigation option on this car not only performs as a navigation system, it also gives you a 8" LCD touch screen that also controls (beautifully I might add) the audio - CD's, Radio, XM, Aux, the A/C / Heating controls, MPG screen etc. I think it being so integrated is what's awesome, in addition to the navigational aspect. So think twice about not getting it.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by sauceman
Welcome here, Kristie.

1. Yes. The fuel economy by using premium will offset the would-be savings made on regular.

2. In my area, 85% of people wear snows on their cars. Word is that snows will become mandatory pretty soon.

3. I don't care for it, I'm too e-challenged for it to be of any use to me.

4. I drive 55,000 miles per year, have never had navi, and still don't feel the need for one. But that's because I am a maphead. Maybe my wife would appreciate the navi..

And you won't regret the TSX.
Kristie, no better testament to the TSX's reliability and solidness than sauceman's experience. He's compressed about 6 years of ownership into a couple of years

The car is very good. If you get one, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Good luck with the decision.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:50 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why is it that everyone who asks about the TSX bitch about the 91+ octane?? if you're that concerned, go get a civic.

btw, i vouch for the TSX. slap on snows for winter and you're all set.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by kristie73
I like the Royal Blue color with Ebony leather.
Excellent taste!
Now come join us in our congregation thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3&page=1&pp=25
Old 03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

I just wish they'd come out with a deep pearl red like they have for the TL. I don't like the solid red. That's why I had to settle for the carbon gray pearl. The blue wasn't available yet for the '05.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by jakesdad
I just wish they'd come out with a deep pearl red like they have for the TL. I don't like the solid red. That's why I had to settle for the carbon gray pearl. The blue wasn't available yet for the '05.
Agreed. I'd love a nice black cherry color...
Old 03-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Banned

^^^
s

get Milano Red and you are definitely and get more s
Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dom
But she'll need a back seat for her 3 year old. Then again, I guess a 3 year old will fit back there, barely.
But her 3 yr old will have no room to kick his leg to the back of her seat(every kids like to do that!) if she get the IS.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by huckleberry
^^^
s

get Milano Red and you are definitely and get more s
Get off my leg, you perve... :ghey:

lol
Old 03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Undercover Slacker

Does everyone put in the high octane at every fill up? Most of the time, but not all the time. When I go to fill up and 91 is at an insane price, I just put in 89.

Does everyone have snow tires on their TSX if you're in that part of the country/world? NA- San Diego, CA

Do you like the Bluetooth? 2005 model- I try not to talk on the phone while driving, so I don't know if I would use it if I did have it.

If you don't have the navigation do you wish you did? YES- I didn't think I would use it when shopping for my car, but there are times I wished I had Navi. Plus, you can't forget the voice commands.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jakesdad
I like the Dark Cherry color too. Oh well. I test drove the Mazda 6 in that color. The TSX brighter red is too bright. I wonder if they'll change it to the TL's red color in the 07.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I drove the Legacy GT and the Mazda 6. I was never a fan of Mazda's and didn't really feel too great in the cabin of the car. It's a good looking car if you get the whole package, and the ride isn't too bad. The Legacy GT and the TSX were both on the same level for me. The Legacy felt awesome because of the turbo, and I'm more used to rough cars because my 94 volvo was probably the roughest car I ever had to drive. I was impressed with every aspect of the Legacy except the material they use for their interiors. They do seem to make it look better every year, but it still looks cheap to me. The TSX had a much smoother ride, better technology and is still very fun to drive =) Get the TSX! =)
Old 03-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Cruisin'

I can't add much regarding the high points of the TSX -- I don't know of a better car value today. Comparable Lexuses, Infinitis, or vehicles from Der Deutsches Autoindustrie cost much more at the same trim level. Starting in '05, Subarus are plusher than ever before but they still are way more basic than Acuras. The TSX folding rear seat is something I wish were available on other Hondas and Acuras -- gives you many of the bennies of a station wagon without having to be seen driving a station wagon!

As per Navi, that decision rests upon your uses for the car -- if you don't plan to drive very far afield it might be a place to save some cash. I'm going on a major roadtrip to the East Coasts of Canada and the US later this year, so for me it is a godsend. When I first began considering a TSX I thought I'd pass on Navi, until I saw one (in a stationary car at an auto show) -- it sold itself.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but are you considering the 5AT or the 6MT? Have the dealer demonstrate the Nav, if you can afford it, it is a very cool feature.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Advanced

A Subary Legacy GT wagon would be very nice. Nice, luxe, comfort and powerful.

You also have wagon space for all kinds of stuff.

If I had a 3 year kid, and lived in snowy Colorado -- that is what I would probably get.

Mazda 6 - no. Bad crash reviews -- ?curtain airbags not available

Others that would be fine, the Honda Accord, or the Toyota Camry. Camry is boring - sorry.

TSX - I love it, but honestly -- road ride is not as comfortable as the Accord, or Legacy, or mushy Camry.

Good luck in your choice, and let us know the outcome.