Test Drove the TSX!!! Finally

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Test Drove the TSX!!! Finally

Since, I saw it in 2003 I loved the look and I wanted to sit in it and drive one. Yesterday, at Markham Acura I test drove one. Sales lady told me its the largest Acura dealer in Canada. They didnt have any MT TSX left and only a couple AT. So I test drove a PWP 05 AT with 2000km. We had no gas at the beginning of the test drive so she told me to go to the petro canada first. I was very curious because I was interested to see how much the TSX would cost me to fill up and I was interested to see if the dealership actually puts 91 gas or do they cheap out and do 87 octane. Well she put 91, I watched her closely. hehe. All together the sales lady didnt know much about the TSX but I acted dumb and asked questions like, "I hear the 06 will get maybe a power boost?" She replyed, "actually the number will be less but its the same engine" I guess she means the new SAE standards. But anyways, I wanted to feel the power of the K24A and when I drive a 06 in november see if I can tell the difference with the ~15hp increase.

The car is very smooth I was quite impressed. My fast left turn had very little body roll and was more composed then my Accord. Also, the TSX is pretty quite. I dont know what you guys complain about. Its quiter then my accord for sure. Over the bumps it feels very bimmer like and composed. I was happy. At WOT the car becomes a bit loud. But I can defenitly tell its a i-4 engine. But it sounds great. The pick up was alright but adequate with only a slight delay when I slammed my foot. All in all the car was great but I wish they had a 6MT I could test. The tip-tronic felt okay but I couldnt really feel connected with the car? I just dont know why it seems so weird. But cruising at 60km/h it let me go in 5th and I didnt feel restricted like other cars tip-tronics.

Well she said the price with navi for the 06-6MT is 39,900. She got that price from "THE BOSS" and said it should be acurate. The % is 6.4. On the 05 its 2.9%.

The increase in price should be around 1-2% I guess? I dunno its seems a bit much.
39,900+rust proof+undercoat+floor mats+taxes it will be around 48,000 Canadian she said.

Well, I'm gonna test a 6MT in november when the 06 comes...but she said it might be Decemeber. Well great car guys I'm impressed.

P.S. On way home I saw a Ferrari 360 Spider and my buddy parked his S2 beside it. Red beside Red. We took pics on his 1.0megapixle camera phone. Will post it once he sends it to me! sooo nice Ferrari.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
let me guess, it was jenny lau...

yup, she gave me the exact line when i went into the dealership, "i don't know a lot about cars. for sure, you probably know a lot more about cars than me." regardless, i appreciated her honesty (unless that's her gimic).

she was really nice to me. her price quotes are pretty irrelevant, b/c at the end of it all, she asked me to give her my price.

06 6mt and nav for $39,900? is this OTD price? if so, it doesn't sound bad...
Old 10-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
At least they took you seriously when you went in. The jerk sales rep I talked to last week when I went in to look at a TL at that dealership wasnt taking me seriously,.....despite the fact I went to the dealership in my month old TSX. None of my business for them.

Anyway, just wait until you drive the MT,........its so buttery smooth,......you will melt in your seat. My break in is almost done,........so I will get to really open her up and have some fun with the MT. What colour are you thinking of getting powered by honda?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
let me guess, it was jenny lau...

yup, she gave me the exact line when i went into the dealership, "i don't know a lot about cars. for sure, you probably know a lot more about cars than me." regardless, i appreciated her honesty (unless that's her gimic).

she was really nice to me. her price quotes are pretty irrelevant, b/c at the end of it all, she asked me to give her my price.

06 6mt and nav for $39,900? is this OTD price? if so, it doesn't sound bad...
39900 without taxes and frieght. OTD was like 48. haha! I should have kept the paper. But it was alot.

Oh it was Candy, Wang. Not Jenny. hehe
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by West6MT
At least they took you seriously when you went in. The jerk sales rep I talked to last week when I went in to look at a TL at that dealership wasnt taking me seriously,.....despite the fact I went to the dealership in my month old TSX. None of my business for them.

Anyway, just wait until you drive the MT,........its so buttery smooth,......you will melt in your seat. My break in is almost done,........so I will get to really open her up and have some fun with the MT. What colour are you thinking of getting powered by honda?
wow that sucks man. When I went to Acura of Mississauga where I live I got the "this car isnt for you." "This car is not a beginners car" From some jerk. My accord ex v6 cost me 32,000 about 38000 out the door and the guy was a jerk. Just cause I made a comment on how expensive the navi was 3300!!!

Ah well...idiots are just that. haha.

The color I will get is Pear White. My accord is black and I wanted pearl white back then. But canada didnt get the white coupes. So now I will have my beloved white. I most likely will order it in March....my accord is fine with winter.

Congrats on almost finishing break in!!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of us in Toronto able to get our 6MT non-navi OTD for under $39000. So with the price increase and the cost of the Navi, I doubt you need to pay over $43000 on March. I heard you able to get huge discount on Navi.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
wow that sucks man. When I went to Acura of Mississauga where I live I got the "this car isnt for you." "This car is not a beginners car" From some jerk. My accord ex v6 cost me 32,000 about 38000 out the door and the guy was a jerk. Just cause I made a comment on how expensive the navi was 3300!!!

Ah well...idiots are just that. haha.

The color I will get is Pear White. My accord is black and I wanted pearl white back then. But canada didnt get the white coupes. So now I will have my beloved white. I most likely will order it in March....my accord is fine with winter.

Congrats on almost finishing break in!!
Haha Thanks,.....cant wait to rev that baby. Sucks to hear about the crappy treatment you got. I have been very impressed with Acura of Hamilton so I am going to stick with them if we decide on another Acura,....and service (have not been in for that yet) is supposed to be really good there.

I dont normally like cars in white,......but the TSX looks good,.ESP once there are some mods on it. I think honda's/acura's are just cars that can pull the white off really well. Lito's car looks so sweet fo ex. I had my friend change a pic of it to black so I would know what my car looked like if I had a kit like his,.hahaha. Ill find it and post it,.......lol, makes me laugh.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Haha Thanks,.....cant wait to rev that baby. Sucks to hear about the crappy treatment you got. I have been very impressed with Acura of Hamilton so I am going to stick with them if we decide on another Acura,....and service (have not been in for that yet) is supposed to be really good there.

I dont normally like cars in white,......but the TSX looks good,.ESP once there are some mods on it. I think honda's/acura's are just cars that can pull the white off really well. Lito's car looks so sweet fo ex. I had my friend change a pic of it to black so I would know what my car looked like if I had a kit like his,.hahaha. Ill find it and post it,.......lol, makes me laugh.

Hamilton eh?
hahaha post it. Black is dam good. I love my accord in black. Looks sexy. I like litos car alot. hehe. g-games in gold are nice.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Drifting

with 610 posts and counting, i thought you already had a tsx...

$48k OTD? too expensive for me, bud...
Old 10-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Senior Moderator

ok here it is (hope this works). My friend did it for me really quick,.......he is going to make me a better one later so it actually looks more like a real car rather than the crappy quality there.

http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?i...evescar5uj.jpg
Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 AM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
Well she said the price with navi for the 06-6MT is 39,900. She got that price from "THE BOSS" and said it should be acurate. The % is 6.4. On the 05 its 2.9%.

The increase in price should be around 1-2% I guess? I dunno its seems a bit much.
39,900+rust proof+undercoat+floor mats+taxes it will be around 48,000 Canadian she said. :
The price seems high for a MT. We don't have the provincial sales tax that you have but my 06 AT with spoiler (that I'm not going to get now) mats, cargo tray, rust proofing, paint and leather protection and clear bra will cost me 48,500 including taxes. Now this does not include any extra cost that the 06 MSRP is over the 05, but I expect this to be only 2 to 3 hundred dollars.

Excited

(Hmmm after writing this I stopped and calculated what your extra provincial tax costs you and maybe your price isn't so bad afterall. That's an extra $3500+ bucks you have to pay. I suggest that you move to Alberta.)
Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Drifting

ok here it is (hope this works). My friend did it for me really quick,.......he is going to make me a better one later so it actually looks more like a real car rather than the crappy quality there.

http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?i...evescar5uj.jpg
haha

looks like the ride was painted with tremclad...
Old 10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Burning Brakes