To sweat or not to sweat...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004 | 04:05 PM
Instructor

To sweat or not to sweat...

I've got my hooks on a CG with Ebony or Quartz. I like the Ebony but not THAT much more than quartz. I live in VA and in the summer it is humid, hot and nasty. I plan on tinting the windows but I'm not sure exactly how much a difference in heat I might expect between the two different colors. I think I'll equally stick to the seats. Can anyone comment from experience?
Old 03-26-2004 | 04:34 PM
Racer

Based on my experience from test driving both the ebony and the quartz last summer, I can say that the ebony was noticeably warmer on a hot (~95 degrees) sunny day. At the time, we were thinking about getting the ebony interior with our CG, but when my wife got in it after the car had been sitting in the sun on the lot, she said "No way." And we're very happy with the quartz interior. I think it looks almost as nice as the ebony and it is definitely cooler.

The problem is that everyone is different, some people have black leather cars with black leather interiors in Pheonix, and don't mind. I'm sure someone will chime in here and disagree. It's probably a judgement call you'll have to make based on how comfortable you usually are in hot temperatures.

John
Old 03-26-2004 | 05:24 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

My parchment interior is noticeably cooler than our other car, which has a light gray leather interior... just food for thought. Of course, most people here do not realize the superiority of the black/parchment combination
Old 03-27-2004 | 07:32 PM
Instructor

Can anyone who lives in humid regions chime in? In VA, the humidity is hot as hell with my old car and it has a dark gray interior. You can feel the heat eminating from the dashboard.

With either color, they both have the ebony dashboard so maybe the difference will still be bearable. Everyone I've showed the car to likes both colors but the ebony the most. This decision may just come to which dealer gets the car in first.
Old 03-27-2004 | 10:55 PM
Master in Science

I have a black on black TSX, and while the car gets really hot very fast, the AC works wonders and it brings it down to livable temperatures within a minute, tops.

On the other hand, the plastic cover of the clock on top of the dashboard snapped one day because it was over 100 F outside. I can't image the temperature inside the car that day.
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:12 PM
WOOT!

well, since i don't remember exactly how hot it got last summer around here, i do remember that i didn't mind it all that much (had the car since late april). like slo007 said, the ac cools the car down really quickly, and while approaching my car, i would use the fob to roll down the windows.